2011 MLB Predictions

AnythingChicago

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see the Nats make the 'offs for the first time since moving to DC.

I didn't waste time posting my previous years' predictions, but the Nats have made the playoffs every year since they were expanded to include all but one team. Interestingly, the same one team has missed them each time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since I missed the deadline for 2011 picks, and I'll likely forget to get my picks for next season in on time as well, and I'll probably be too busy with other things in life to register picks for the five seasons after that, I've decided to pre-register my predictions for 2018. Thanks for understanding, and not being a tight ass.

As we all know, the Rays and Royals were contracted, and the 'offs were expanded to include all but one club, making the races exciting right up until the end.

NL East

1. Miami Marlins

2. Washington Nationals*

3. Philadelphia Phillies*

4. Atlanta Braves*

5. New York Mets

NL Central

1. Cincinnati Reds

2. Carolina Pirates* (half of the residents of Pittsburgh eventually move to the Carolinas, so the team decided to do so as well.)

3. Houston Astros*

4. Groupon Cubs* (Mark Cuban eventually decided to purchase the team, and convinced MLB to allow him to sell the naming rights, ushering in a new era of uniform sponsorships.)

5. The Cardinals* (after finally putting "St. Louis" on the road jerseys in 2014, sales and attendance plummeted due to butthurt fans feeling that the team wasn't theirs anymore and was only for people from St. Louis. Ownership had no choice but to come up with a new region to market the team to, and eventually decided that no region was wide-spread enough to encompass the "greatest fans in baseball", so they decided on an "infinite" region and re-branded as simply "The Cardinals".

6. Milwaukee Brewers*

NL West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers

2. San Fransisco Giants*

3. Winnipeg Jets* (the bickering over the NHL Coyotes is still going on, and TruNorth pretty much said "F it - we're taking at least one of the AZ teams" and purchased the near-bankrupt DBacks and moved them to the 'Peg, where they play in the smallest stadium in MLB, both in capacity and dimensions - the MTS Centre.

4. San Diego Padres* (BTW - what is with this team changing uniforms and identities again! What's this - 4 times in 5 seasons?)

5. Colorado Rockies*

AL East

1. New York Yankees

2. Boston Red Sox*

AL Central

1. Toronto Black Jays

2. Baltimore Orioles*

3. Minnesota Twins presented by Target* (The Twins' were the first team to attempt to sell the naming rights, attempt at selling the naming rights was blocked, so this was the compromise.

4. Chicago White Sox*

5. Detroit Tigers*

6. Cleveland Natives*

AL West

1. Vancouver Athletics

2. Los Angeles Angels of Los Angeles* (after it became legally possible to drop Anaheim from the name, Arte Moreno decided to stick it to them by doubling the Los Angeles references.)

3. Austin Express* (Nolan Ryan finally realizes that it just isn't working, so he moves the team to Austin and names them after himself.)

4. Seattle Mariners*

NL Playoffs:

Round 1

MIL over ATL

Phi over WAS

CAR over TheC

Group over HOU

COL over SF

WPG over SF

Round2

MIA over HOU

CIN over COL

LA (1st rd bye) over Group

WPG over PHI

Round 3

LA over CIN

WPG over Miami

NLCS

WPG over LA Dodgers

AL Playoffs

Round 1

BAL over SEA

MIN over DET

AUS over Chi

LAALA over CLE

Round 2

NYY (1st rd bye) over BAL

TOR (1st rd bye) over MIN

AUS over VAN (1st rd bye)

LAALA over BOS (1st rd bye)

Round 3

NYY over LAALA

TOR over AUS

ALCS NYY over TOR

World Series

Winnipeg Jets over New York Yankees

Thanks you for your contribution. Of course these picks will count, because the 2018 pick deadline isn't until January 1, 2018 at noon because, as we are all well aware, the Nunavut Invitational starts on New Years Day to compete with the college football bowl games (starting in 2017).

But there's no way in hell Los Angeles of Los Angeles will lose to New York. Derek Jeter is 43 years old! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to the day for Hispanic heritage in Mexifornia the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim become Los Angeles Los Angels en Anaheim

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Since I missed the deadline for 2011 picks, and I'll likely forget to get my picks for next season in on time as well, and I'll probably be too busy with other things in life to register picks for the five seasons after that, I've decided to pre-register my predictions for 2018. Thanks for understanding, and not being a tight ass.

As we all know, the Rays and Royals were contracted, and the 'offs were expanded to include all but one club, making the races exciting right up until the end.

NL East

1. Miami Marlins

2. Washington Nationals*

4. Atlanta Braves*

5. New York Mets

NL Central

1. Cincinnati Reds

2. Carolina Pirates* (half of the residents of Pittsburgh eventually move to the Carolinas, so the team decided to do so as well.)

3. Houston Astros*

4. Groupon Cubs* (Mark Cuban eventually decided to purchase the team, and convinced MLB to allow him to sell the naming rights, ushering in a new era of uniform sponsorships.)

5. The Cardinals* (after finally putting "St. Louis" on the road jerseys in 2014, sales and attendance plummeted due to butthurt fans feeling that the team wasn't theirs anymore and was only for people from St. Louis. Ownership had no choice but to come up with a new region to market the team to, and eventually decided that no region was wide-spread enough to encompass the "greatest fans in baseball", so they decided on an "infinite" region and re-branded as simply "The Cardinals".

6. Milwaukee Brewers*

NL West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers

2. San Fransisco Giants*

3. Winnipeg Jets* (the bickering over the NHL Coyotes is still going on, and TruNorth pretty much said "F it - we're taking at least one of the AZ teams" and purchased the near-bankrupt DBacks and moved them to the 'Peg, where they play in the smallest stadium in MLB, both in capacity and dimensions - the MTS Centre.

4. San Diego Padres* (BTW - what is with this team changing uniforms and identities again! What's this - 4 times in 5 seasons?)

5. Colorado Rockies*

AL East

1. New York Yankees

2. Boston Red Sox*

AL Central

1. Toronto Black Jays

2. Baltimore Orioles*

3. Minnesota Twins presented by Target* (The Twins' were the first team to attempt to sell the naming rights, attempt at selling the naming rights was blocked, so this was the compromise.

4. Chicago White Sox*

5. Detroit Tigers*

6. Cleveland Natives*

AL West

1. Vancouver Athletics

2. Los Angeles Angels of Los Angeles* (after it became legally possible to drop Anaheim from the name, Arte Moreno decided to stick it to them by doubling the Los Angeles references.)

3. Austin Express* (Nolan Ryan finally realizes that it just isn't working, so he moves the team to Austin and names them after himself.)

4. Seattle Mariners*

NL Playoffs:

Round 1

MIL over ATL

Phi over WAS

CAR over TheC

Group over HOU

COL over SF

WPG over SF

Round2

MIA over HOU

CIN over COL

WPG over PHI

Round 3

LA over CIN

WPG over Miami

NLCS

WPG over LA Dodgers

AL Playoffs

Round 1

BAL over SEA

MIN over DET

AUS over Chi

LAALA over CLE

Round 2

Round 3

NYY over LAALA

TOR over AUS

ALCS NYY over TOR

World Series

Thanks you for your contribution. Of course these picks will count, because the 2018 pick deadline isn't until January 1, 2018 at noon because, as we are all well aware, the Nunavut Invitational starts on New Years Day to compete with the college football bowl games (starting in 2017).

But there's no way in hell Los Angeles of Los Angeles will lose to New York. Derek Jeter is 43 years old! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to the day for Hispanic heritage in Mexifornia the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim become Los Angeles Los Angels en Anaheim

I hate to acknowledge an unfunny joke, but it would be Los Angeles Los Angels de Anaheim.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

No way Winnipeg finishes third. They won't have the pitching.

Pff. MTYWPFH (Money The Yankees Would Pay For Him) is an overrated stat anyway. There's no way the Yankees only give Oliver Perez a 14-year, $474 million contract. Sabremetrics are evil.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

NL East

1. Miami Marlins

2. Washington Nationals*

4. Atlanta Braves*

5. New York Mets

NL Central

1. Cincinnati Reds

3. Houston Astros*

6. Milwaukee Brewers*

NL West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers

2. San Fransisco Giants*

5. Colorado Rockies*

AL East

1. New York Yankees

2. Boston Red Sox*

AL Central

1. Toronto Black Jays

2. Baltimore Orioles*

4. Chicago White Sox*

5. Detroit Tigers*

6. Cleveland Natives*

AL West

1. Vancouver Athletics

4. Seattle Mariners*

NL Playoffs:

Round 1

MIL over ATL

Phi over WAS

CAR over TheC

Group over HOU

COL over SF

WPG over SF

Round2

MIA over HOU

CIN over COL

WPG over PHI

Round 3

LA over CIN

WPG over Miami

NLCS

WPG over LA Dodgers

AL Playoffs

Round 1

BAL over SEA

MIN over DET

AUS over Chi

LAALA over CLE

Round 2

Round 3

NYY over LAALA

TOR over AUS

ALCS NYY over TOR

World Series

:censored: YEAH GO JETS GO WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 5 months later...

The regular season is almost over, so get ready to tally up your points for the following categories if you care to do so. Feel free to start sending in your tallied points for the categories below on the 29th.

Get the last place team right – 1 point.

Get any team below 2nd place but above last place right – 2 points.

Get a 1st place team right – 4 points.

Guess the 2nd place team in a division right - 2 points.

Guess the wild card correctly – 6 points.

Guess a team’s record right – 11 points.

Guess a one-game-playoff correctly – 11 points.

Guess a DS matchup right – 10 points.

Guess a CS matchup right – 11 points. (Sorry, not this one yet).

Guess the entire order of a division correctly – 9 points.

Get the entire division order jumbled up – -1 points. Guess the team with the best or worst MLB record at the end of the regular season – 9 points for best, 6 points for worst.

Guess the AL or NL best or worst record right – 6 points for best, 4 points for worst.

Guess all playoff teams correctly – 25 points.

Guess every single team’s division order correctly – 95 points. (13 points if you guess more than half right, 39 points for more than three quarters.)

Points from other categories can be tallied when the time comes. Of course, tallying points is optional.

25yzwqg.png

NL West

1. Colorado

2. San Francisco

3. San Diego

4. LA Dodgers

5. Arizona

Very competitive division everyone but the DBacks should be able to contend.

I've never heard of anyone saying that a team predicted to finish last in the division "should be able to contend"......

What I'm saying is everyone that isn't the Diamondbacks could very well win the division.

Huh, really should have gone with that one.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• 2 weeks later...

How am I doing so far? B)

Someone should take a look at post #89 in this thread

NL East:

Philadelphia*

Atlanta

Washington

New York

Florida

NL Central:

Milwaukee

St. Louis*

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Houston

NL West:

Arizona

San Francisco

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

AL East:

New York

Tampa Bay*

Boston

Toronto

Baltimore

AL Central:

Detroit

Cleveland

Chicago

Kansas City

Minnesota

AL West:

Texas

Los Angeles of Anaheim

Oakland

Seattle

NLDS: Milwaukee over Arizona in 4

Philadelphia over St. Louis in 3

NLCS: Philadelphia over Milwaukee in 5

ALDS: Detroit over New York in 5

Texas over Tampa Bay in 4

ALCS: Detroit over Texas in 6

World Series: Philadelphia over Detroit in 5

Notes: Arizona will shock everyone by winning the NL West. Tampa Bay and Boston will battle right to the end for the AL Wild Card. Cleveland and Pittsburgh will be much better than people think.

BB52Big.jpg

NL East:

Philadelphia*

Atlanta

Washington

New York

Florida

NL Central:

Milwaukee

St. Louis*

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Houston

NL West:

Arizona

San Francisco

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

AL East:

New York

Tampa Bay*

Boston

Toronto

Baltimore

AL Central:

Detroit

Cleveland

Chicago

Kansas City

Minnesota

AL West:

Texas

Los Angeles of Anaheim

Oakland

Seattle

Notes: Arizona will shock everyone by winning the NL West. Tampa Bay and Boston will battle right to the end for the AL Wild Card. Cleveland and Pittsburgh will be much better than people think.

Aye, that's an impressive prediction (sarcasm), but did you also update your initial post as well? :upside:

NL East:

Philadelphia*

Atlanta

Washington

New York

Florida

NL Central:

Milwaukee

St. Louis*

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Houston

NL West:

Arizona

San Francisco

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

AL East:

New York

Tampa Bay*

Boston

Toronto

Baltimore

AL Central:

Detroit

Cleveland

Chicago

Kansas City

Minnesota

AL West:

Texas

Los Angeles of Anaheim

Oakland

Seattle

Aye, that's an impressive prediction (sarcasm), but did you also update your initial post as well? :upside:

No. That would be cheating.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived