Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

I must say I like it even if it violates my "only the Cowboys, Raiders and Lions may use silver shells" rule.

And of course, all three of those teams use different metallic colors for their helmets. Not one is the same as another.

But you can use the same crayon for all three.

/crayola

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I like it even if it violates my "only the Cowboys, Raiders and Lions may use silver shells" rule.

And of course, all three of those teams use different metallic colors for their helmets. Not one is the same as another.

can you post the swatches?..I assumed that was the case but on tv it's pretty difficult to compare

White helmets?

:)

Throwbacks with modern logo? We can hope.

Good Concept.

I find it amazing that it took the Bills organization THIS long to finally address their uniform situation. How long have fans been clamoring now??

I'm not a Bills fan and I've been wanting them to get rid of their current unis.

((( SPIDER-SENSE TINGLING )))

I get the feeling they're sticking the current logo on a white helmet, going with the current throwbacks from the shoulders on down, and calling it a day. Which, if they do, would be so...predictable.

I know this is a FAT chance, probably fatter than Mark Mangino, but...whatever they do, can they PLEASE resurrect the Champion block numbers? Those numbers just scream "Bills" to me--and I get the feeling I ain't the only one who thinks that.

Ah, with the distinctive "2" and "7" (I always called it a "Curved 7". I can also remember the 60's Cardinals, Giants, Jets, Bengals, Saints and Kardiac Kids Era Browns (Warm Weather Mesh) using these from Champion as well as Boston College, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

Adidas now uses that font on some of their college teams. I was hoping Notre Dame would go back to that.

I hope The Bills Get it right.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

I'm glad they're changing and I'm not a Bills fan. Good riddance!

But the timing is odd. Owner Ralph Wilson's one foot already in the grave and no one in his family will take over the ownership, is this the right time to do the uniform changes? Despite the rabid and loyal fanbase in Western New York, the Bills could be bought by an outsider, move the franchise, to either Toronto or Los Angeles. They would probably have to give up the Bills name and colors, a la Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens route. The economic climate there barely can support the Bills. Why else they have a "home" game in Toronto?

I think the Ravens could pull off a purple helmet.

That would violate my "only one team is allowed to wear a purple helmet" rule! ^_^

Yes, I was completely serious when I said that... and damn the Patriots for throwing the universe off kilter (as if spygate weren't bad enough)!!! :cursing:

But the timing is odd. Owner Ralph Wilson's one foot already in the grave and no one in his family will take over the ownership, is this the right time to do the uniform changes? Despite the rabid and loyal fanbase in Western New York, the Bills could be bought by an outsider, move the franchise, to either Toronto or Los Angeles. They would probably have to give up the Bills name and colors, a la Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens route. The economic climate there barely can support the Bills. Why else they have a "home" game in Toronto?

The Bills play some games in Toronto to expand their fan base and charge a lot more for tickets, your comment on the economic climate not supporting the team is completely ignorant. Please don't post "facts" when you have no clue what you're talking about. This area has no trouble supporting the bills, we have been selling out a very large stadium to watch a very bad team for a long time now.

slugbat.jpg

We're NOT Jacksonville, we've always supported the BILLS during good and bad times. All thru the losing years like in the 2000's, late 90's, mid 80's, and early 70's that team has been supported.

The Toronto deals brings in as much revenue in that 1 game as does the other 7 home games combined. Having that agreement helps keep the team in Orchard Park more comfortably. People forget that Green Bay gave 3 of their 8 home games to Milwaukee until they built the new baseball stadium there, and Milwaukee is 125 miles south of Green Bay that wasn't exactly a great football park, both teams sharing 1 sideline.

If Wilson did left the team to his wife or daughters they would struggle to pay estate taxes -- 45 percent of the value of the franchise -- on the team valued at about $600 million. He does not wish to have a minority owner who can takeover upon his death similar to what Art Modell did in Baltimore. There's plans that are in hush-hush mode to keep the BILLS in WNY once Ralph is gone, and NY State cannot afford to not have their 3rd team leave the State of NY.

The BILLS have as strong a fan bases as the top in the NFL. Any city they play in there's thousands upon thousands of BILLS fans at those road games and although the WNY population has dwindled over the years a good amount of the home base flies into Buffalo for each home games in addition to the fans already residing in the Buffalo/Rochester/ Southern Ontario area.

The Bills did 3 things right with their current clown outfits:

1. No logos on the jerseys.

2. No wordmarks on the jerseys.

3. TV numbers on the sleeves, not shoulders.

I suspect all three will change with the new jerseys.

I like the numbers on the shoulders ..... and the stripes on the sleeves just as our '65 throwbacks have.

1965 was the only year we ever had the numbers on the shoulders. In 1966 they were moved them to the sleeves and they've been there ever since.

Just because you like 'em on the sleeves doesn't make it right.

The Bills did 3 things right with their current clown outfits:

1. No logos on the jerseys.

2. No wordmarks on the jerseys.

3. TV numbers on the sleeves, not shoulders.

I suspect all three will change with the new jerseys.

I like the numbers on the shoulders ..... and the stripes on the sleeves just as our '65 throwbacks have.

1965 was the only year we ever had the numbers on the shoulders. In 1966 they were moved them to the sleeves and they've been there ever since.

Just because you like 'em on the sleeves doesn't make it right.

It's called an opinion. I thought that was obvious.

Two silver helmets and two white helmets is hardly better than one silver helmet and three white helmets.

Does the NFL have some sort of divisional helmet color quota that we're not aware of? What about the AFC North? Two orange, two black. Is that against the rules too? :P

Not a quota, but it just looks boring if every team in a division has similar-colored helmets.

I think the Browns should wear a brown helmet and the Ravens could pull off a purple helmet.

What, on the little magnetic helmet standings board? I don't get this. You guys talk like all a division's teams are on the field at the same time.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

And plus...I don't see anyone spitting venom over the fact that three of the NFC South's four teams use black as either a primary or secondary team color, with the fourth using it as an accessory trim. Or the fact that two of the teams have black dark jerseys, while the other two have red dark jerseys.

Oh, the travesty. <_<

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And plus...I don't see anyone spitting venom over the fact that three of the NFC South's four teams use black as either a primary or secondary team color, with the fourth using it as an accessory trim. Or the fact that two of the teams have black dark jerseys, while the other two have red dark jerseys.

Oh, the travesty. <_<

And let's not forget that for 2002 and 2003, we had three teams with black, primary jerseys.

We're NOT Jacksonville, we've always supported the BILLS during good and bad times. All thru the losing years like in the 2000's, late 90's, mid 80's, and early 70's that team has been supported.

The Toronto deals brings in as much revenue in that 1 game as does the other 7 home games combined. Having that agreement helps keep the team in Orchard Park more comfortably. People forget that Green Bay gave 3 of their 8 home games to Milwaukee until they built the new baseball stadium there, and Milwaukee is 125 miles south of Green Bay that wasn't exactly a great football park, both teams sharing 1 sideline.

If Wilson did left the team to his wife or daughters they would struggle to pay estate taxes -- 45 percent of the value of the franchise -- on the team valued at about $600 million. He does not wish to have a minority owner who can takeover upon his death similar to what Art Modell did in Baltimore. There's plans that are in hush-hush mode to keep the BILLS in WNY once Ralph is gone, and NY State cannot afford to not have their 3rd team leave the State of NY.

The BILLS have as strong a fan bases as the top in the NFL. Any city they play in there's thousands upon thousands of BILLS fans at those road games and although the WNY population has dwindled over the years a good amount of the home base flies into Buffalo for each home games in addition to the fans already residing in the Buffalo/Rochester/ Southern Ontario area.

Whoa. I never said there are no support for the Bills. I'm a Patriots fan. I want to the Bills to stay.

What I'm trying to say is that Buffalo isn't exactly a cash cow.

Owners like Ralph Wilson are a dying breed, loyalty to a region. Nowadays, it's all about the Almighty Dollar.

You made my point, Toronto deals brings in as much revenue in that 1 game as does the other 7 home games combined.

If a new owner is brought in for the Bills, it'll be very difficult for him to ignore Los Angeles or Toronto, which both cities are in the Top 5 media market.

Whoa. I never said there are no support for the Bills. I'm a Patriots fan. I want to the Bills to stay.

What I'm trying to say is that Buffalo isn't exactly a cash cow.

Owners like Ralph Wilson are a dying breed, loyalty to a region. Nowadays, it's all about the Almighty Dollar.

You made my point, Toronto deals brings in as much revenue in that 1 game as does the other 7 home games combined.

If a new owner is brought in for the Bills, it'll be very difficult for him to ignore Los Angeles or Toronto, which both cities are in the Top 5 media market.

The league will not allow the Bills to move to Canada... Period. Nor would the CFL Argos just lay down & die without years of nasty legalities. LA maybe, but not likely. They have lost 2 teams in the last 20 years, Hows that for a "cash cow" - The Buffalo Bills are not just a team they're a historic franchise!!!

Ralph would have no issue getting a buyer to agree to keep the team in Buffalo in similar fashion to what Golisano just got Terry Pegula to agree to... FOREVER Baby!!!

Hey who knows, Maybe ol' Terry will just buy the team from Wilson anyhow...

canada.png

The league will not allow the Bills to move to Canada... Period. Nor would the CFL Argos just lay down & die without years of nasty legalities. LA maybe, but not likely. They have lost 2 teams in the last 20 years, Hows that for a "cash cow" - The Buffalo Bills are not just a team they're a historic franchise!!!

The very definition of naïve.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Archived