BigBubba's MLB

BigBubba

Also, could you please explain more on your points of it being "on a different level" and "not aesthetically or logically justified"?

Essentially what I'm saying is that the logos you've replaced have been replaced with downgrades. Not everyone is a skilled logo maker, I get that, but there are a lot of things that confuse me about the Indians change, for example. The change wasn't really needed. If you're going to keep professional logos (Brewers, Cardinals, Jays, Tigers), you should get the rest of the ones you've created up to a similar standard. Study the way baseball logos (and sports logos in general) are designed, you'll get a good feel for what you've designed is missing.

I think a good starting point would be to look at how you're illustrating the logos. Maybe start with pen and paper, and go from there. Use reference images to build your logos, it will help a lot in the end. I myself am not the greatest logo designer, but I'm constantly looking to improve it. Keep at it, you'll get better with it. It takes time, practice, and patience.

I'm not trying to shut you down or anything, I just think you should focus a little more on the design elements of the logos-- it seems a lot more effort is put into the uniforms from where I sit. IMO, the logo is more important than the uniforms themselves in a series like this, because the logo sets the tone for the uniform.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these work for the giants. i love this! keep it up BigBubba!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this. The biggest problem with my old concepts is that I tried to make logos out of scratch, which was not only unnecessary, but something I can't do. This series is going to be more of a jersey concept series with the odd alternate logo added (I'm still gonna try to see what I can do with the Giants' logo). I'm still keeping the colour game aspect (including for San Francisco's colours; if anyone thinks of a better colour scheme, please suggest). I'm going to do the unfinished teams (Miami, Cleveland, San Fransisco, respectively) now, and then continue with the rest of the teams. Speaking of which, I've updated the colour schemes (here are the originals for comparison):

MLBBatterLogos.png

Changes:

• Marlins are now black/teal
  • Tigers now navy/orange (I changed that earlier in the thread, but I've just added it now)
  • Purple/black team's shade of purple is changed
  • Brown/tan team is now brick/charcoal
  • Purple/gold team is now green/blue
  • Green/royal team is now green/powder
  • Gold/silver team is now purple/gold
  • Powder/gold team is now royal/gold

Obviously, these are subject to change. A lot of the old ones just wouldn't look good (metallic silver/gold). Again, if anyone has a suggestion for San Francisco (green/black) or any other team, just suggest. I'd still like to keep the colour game aspect, because while the jerseys wouldn't be as realistic, it increases creativity (I understand, though, that it still has to look good).

Anyways, onto the Marlins:

I was looking at the picture of proposed Marlins logos and I thought the second image from the left was a pretty good idea. I thought it would make a pretty good cap logo, so I based something off of it. I couldn't decide on a colour combination, so here's a batch of options:

MiamiMarlinsLogoIdeaR5I.png

I'll post jerseys when I decide on a cap logo. C&C appreciated :-)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Glad to see this series return BigBubba! Can't wait to see what you come up with, although maybe you should start a new thread because this seems like a significant departure from your previous series, not in a bad way. About the Marlins logos, my favorite is the third one in the second row.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Thanks for the comments. I went with the bottom right one for the alternate as you guys suggested (it's just the same as the third one on the second row, just with an outline). I recoloured it on the cap because a white outline didn't work and a white crown just wouldn't look good. Anyways, I've used piratesfan16's road script (with permission, of course), added pinstripes to the home, and used the team's original primary logo. I changed the font on the logo to the one on the home script. And, of course, they are just black/teal now. I have a new presentation style as well:

MiamiMarlinsLogos5.png

C+C appreciated!

I'm very happy to see this series back up and rolling again. Great start with the Marlins. I love the colors, the pinstripes, the logo, and the cap. However, I am generally not a fan of primary uniforms that don't have matching scripts. While I like your script that you made for the home/alternate uniform, I think it would best be suited as just an alternate jersey script. However, that's just me and it doesn't have to affect your concept. I agree with raysfan24 too about the tails of the marlins. Try to bring them lower so that it's more obvious that it's an 'M'. Other than that, awesome start. It's such a shame that the Marlins wasted such a wonderful opportunity in making teal their color. It's unique since the rest of the league sparingly uses it. #minirant

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Not a fan o the teal pinstripes, just don't think it would look good in real life

Here's what they look like in real life, to give you an idea:

71buc-1993_game_worn_marlins_inagural_jersey.jpg

I'm going away for a week, so I wanted to get an update in before I go. I made the Marlin "tails" come down more on the cap logo to be more "M"-like and I replaced the current home/alt script with their old "Marlins" script. Other than that, not much to say:

MiamiMarlins6.png

C&C Please! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the finalized Marlins concept with the all-teal cap:

MiamiMarlins7.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleveland Chiefs:

I'm keeping the jerseys for the most part the same, but I'm ditching the totem-pole logo. Instead, I came up with a simpler, more traditional logo. I made two different versions of it.

ClevelandChiefsLogoOptions.png

Comments on which is better and any changes that need to be made to it please!

Also: should I keep the idea of a dreamcatcher alternate logo?

You can view the progress of each concept from the first post.

Cleveland Chiefs:

I'm keeping the jerseys for the mot part the same, but I'm ditching the totem-pole logo. Instead, I came up with a simpler, more traditional logo. I made two different versions of it.

I'd go with #1, and keep the dreamcatcher logo.

Cleveland Chiefs:

I'm keeping the jerseys for the mot part the same, but I'm ditching the totem-pole logo. Instead, I came up with a simpler, more traditional logo. I made two different versions of it.

I'd go with #1, and keep the dreamcatcher logo.

+1

The all-teap cap for Miami is an improvement too.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Cleveland Chiefs Update:

I used option #1 for the primary (I lost the original vector I made it in, so I had to redo it) and made a few other tweaks to the set based on a few personal opinions and the C&C I received when I posted the last rendition. They are as follows:

• The button now matches the bill on the caps
  • I've added a white outline to the "C" on the caps
  • I added a thick red outline to the feathers on the alternate dreamcatcher logo
  • Brown outline added to back numbers on the primaries
  • Road alt uses the primary road pants with the brown piping (as opposed to the last set, which had a different set of pants with red piping)

ClevelandChiefsThree.png

C&C appreciated!

Archived