College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Oregon's style of creating buzz should be brought to the NFL. Yeah, I said it. I wanna see these unique ideas come to pro football. Let's see some chrome helmets and multiple uni combinations.

I agree. Professional sports aesthetics don't always have to be bland and safe. The only thing I don't want to see, though, is the elimination of team colors.

My God, you really pull this nonsense out in every single one of you posts, don't you. It's either this, or you're tired comment to anyone who doesn't like over-the-top modern designs that they obviously (quoting, here) "want everything to be one color jerseys with plain block numbers"... you've droped that clever gem on me a few times. Do you honestly think that anything less than the crazy mess currently in vogue in CFB is bland? Seriously?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you honestly think that anything less than the crazy mess currently in vogue in CFB is bland? Seriously?

I don't think that way at all. There's plenty of classic uniforms I like too. I value creativity over traditional vs. modern, really - I like the Rams' old sleeve horn uniforms or UCLA's old serif-number set just as much as I like the current Vikings or Rutgers uniforms, for example.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

TexasTechEquipment@TTU_EQUIPMENT

Shhh RT @Summitthogue These @UnderArmour #TexasPride uniforms were wearing this week are so sweet

Blayne Beal@BlayneBeal

We will unveil our LONE STAR PRIDE uniforms tomorrow morning at 11:45 a.m. Follow us on social media and be the the first to see.

Blayne Beal@BlayneBeal

Lone Start Pride gear will start hitting Lubbock stores on Monday as well. Make sure you have yours!

TexasTechEquipment@TTU_EQUIPMENT

Lone Star uniforms will be out tomorrow

They've later said the uniforms will be scarlet and black.

Well that's better than what I had feared.

You can still do a lot with just two colors...Maryland used school colors with their flag helmet...I'm seeing the exact same Maryland treatment but with the Texas state flag in black red and white

You can still do a lot with just two colors...Maryland used school colors with their flag helmet...I'm seeing the exact same Maryland treatment but with the Texas state flag in black red and white

I hope that the flag is not messed with. It's one thing to have an atrocious uniform but another to mess with a state flag and base a uniform of it.

I hope that the flag is not messed with. It's one thing to have an atrocious uniform but another to mess with a state flag and base a uniform of it.

You mean like the black, burnt orange and white version on Texas' practice pants?

You mean like the black, burnt orange and white version on Texas' practice pants?

But its not the main idea of the uniform like the pride jerseys are, nor is it smeared all of the uniform.

Not much different than the longhorns making it black burnt orange and white for their black practice pants...

O wait its Texas, they have their own network, and are the only reason the big XII still exists (insert sarcasm) so they can mess with Texas' flag sorry we all forgot...I just hope those practice unis stay exactly where they are because although I'm not a Texas fan I still enjoy being able to recognize them on Saturdays.

Uh, Texas' practice uniforms are kind of irrelevant, seeing as though they're practice uniforms. No one cares what those look like because they don't even get 1% of the time in front of the cameras the game-time uniforms do.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Every School in Texas has a version of the Texas flag modified for that school's color/logo/etc., from high school to college.

I know this Is probably a hyperbole but almost no highschool has a variation of the flag in the school. But some do use the colors because its such a great scheme.

Archived