Deion.Blackwell8

Deion.Blackwell8's NFL

105 posts in this topic

Cowboys - These are my favorite. That would be the perfect look for the Cowboys, in my opinion

Giants - Not a fan. I don't like the red stripes on blue jersey looks great. Doesn't pop enough. The pants also don't really seem to go with the blue or red jerseys. Would be a downgrade from their current look, in my opinion.

Cardinals - These look great. I'd prefer them without any of the black on the uniform and no helmet stripe, though.

Seahawks - I don't like these at all. They just seem like a mess with the colors used. Lime green as an accent is fine for the Seahawks, but I don't like it as one of the main colors.

Patriots - Upgrade over their current mess of uniforms. Simplicity works on these. With that said, though, every other team wears a white helmet in that division -- and with helmets being a huge part of a teams identity in the NFL, the Patriots in white would be a mistake.

Dolphins - I don't like the sunburst patterning. Also, as much as I love the Dolphins in just aqua and orange, I don't think you can have dark blue in the logo and not in the uniforms at all. I think you either have to get rid of it in the logo, or add it in the uniforms.

Raiders - The silver numbers look a great deal worse than the black on those whites, in my opinion. That look (like on the AFL throwbacks) is a huge downgrade from the, in my opinion, best uniform in the NFL.

Titans - It's not that just red and light blue can't work, because it did for the Oilers, but it looks wrong here. Just doesn't work with the logo, I guess.

Overall, very solid job. I'm very impressed. You have a pretty good vision for what the league could look like.

The cowboys might look better if you dropped the silver outline around the numbers, but other than that, you pretty much nailed it.

Denver Broncos

This set is inspired by this Broncos jersey. I really like the look of that jersey. I modernized it with the current Broncos font. Also, I used piping on the sleeve seam instead of the stripe that is used on the jersey. I decided to simplify the helmet with just one stripe instead of the current three striped version.

EDIT: Updated with orange sleeves on away sets and navy blue facemask.

Home - Home Alternate - Away - Away Alternate - Navy

Very nice. Only suggestion would be to use royal instead of navy.

Those Broncos unis are perfect except for one thing. Switch the orange and blue on the sleeves of the road. Right now, they are an orange team at home and blue on the road.

Loving that Broncos set. A couple of things I would change though, mostly with the helmet. With that striping pattern I think it looks better with the 3 stripes, would prefer a blue facemask, and the logo seems a bit small. Other than that love it, I am normally for a royal blue, but with this set I can live with the navy. Love the home option for blue orange blue. That should be their standard IMO.

I think you should show more commitment towards orange as the primary color if your home jersey is orange. For instance, you could have orange pants on the road, orange sleeves on the white (just like on the navy jersey), or even orange numbers (not sure how that'd look).

I think the navy helmet is great because the navy/orange/navy arrangement on the home set, though. Overall that's a great looking set for Denver.

Updated Denver with orange sleeves on the away.

Green Bay Packers

Not much of a change for Green Bay. I removed the collar striping because I don't think it would work on the Speed Machine collar. I added in an alternate, I know it's kinda gimmicky but I call it the "Cheese Jersey". Kept everything else the same pretty much.

Home - Away - Cheese

The cheese jersey doesn't really work IMO. And I'm not just bashing it because it's different, monochrome yellow just isn't working for me. I've always wondered how the packers could wear a yellow jersey, and I really don't think they could pull off a good-looking one as long as they wear yellow helmets.

If you want an alternate option for GB, although boring, I would try a road option with green pants and yellow-topped socks.

How about a green helmet with the "cheese" jersey?

I thought about that, but the NFL only allows one helmet unless it's for a throwback jersey I'm pretty sure.

I thought about that, but the NFL only allows one helmet unless it's for a throwback jersey I'm pretty sure.

No, I think you can have an alternate helmet with an alt uniform set.

news to me

An NFL team can only have one helmet except for an exact helmet that has been worn by the team in the past (throwback). Unless there is a change coming with Nike, teams can only have alternate helmets for throwbacks.

An NFL team can only have one helmet except for an exact helmet that has been worn by the team in the past (throwback). Unless there is a change coming with Nike, teams can only have alternate helmets for throwbacks.

Learn something new everyday.

The "cheese" jersey would need green pants to look decent, but I think there'd be riots in the stands if the Packers ever trotted out in a gold jerseys that weren't part of a throwback. Luckily, these existed.

1950greenbayb.png

Try Jacksonville with now of course Black being primary and teal the 3rd.

Houston Texans

Minor changes here. Kept the design of the jersey and pants pretty much the same. I moved the numbers from the sleeve to the shoulder and added the logo to the sleeve. The white helmet looks so much better so I went with that. I also changed the numbers on the away from red w/ navy outline to navy with red outline.

Home - Away - Away Alternate - Red

Indianapolis Colts

Again, minor changes. I changed the helmet to double-stripe from single-stripe. Added in a pair of blue pants for the road. Also, changed the facemask color to white.

Home - Away - Away Alternate

I liked the red numbers on the road. I would keep those. In fact, I've always thought that the Texans should try red numbers at home too. The combination of blue jersey, red pants, and white helmet looks awful, as does the blue pants, red jersey, white helmet. Just go with red jersey, white pants, white helmet.

*Colts: Very nice. Only suggestion is for the alternate with blue pants, make the socks entirely white. In general, it's best to try to avoid having socks and pants be the same color, plus it balances it out better in this case.

I liked the red numbers on the road. I would keep those. In fact, I've always thought that the Texans should try red numbers at home too. The combination of blue jersey, red pants, and white helmet looks awful, as does the blue pants, red jersey, white helmet. Just go with red jersey, white pants, white helmet.

Not changing the numbers, but I agree on the combos. I don't know what I was thinking. It's fixed now.

I like both the Colts and Texans mixes a lot.

I think the advantage in keeping the red numbers on the away jersey is that it differentiates the Texans more from the Patriots who also would have blue numbers with a red outline and a shoulder stripe.

I like both the Colts and Texans mixes a lot.

I think the advantage in keeping the red numbers on the away jersey is that it differentiates the Texans more from the Patriots who also would have blue numbers with a red outline and a shoulder stripe.

But my Patriots don't have a shoulder stripe. As for the numbers, I just think it looks way better with the navy numbers.