dsaline97

dsaline97's MLB Series

194 posts in this topic

For the Marlins, I would get rid of the pinstripes and make the gray pants piping blue instead of black. Otherwise nice job.

Atlanta Braves

The Braves have a very classic but modernized uniform set, but I think of them as one of the unnecessary r-w-b teams. There are plenty of combinations that would work for the Braves, but I decided to keep tradition by maintaining the red in their color scheme. The primary logo and sleeve patch is one of the alternate logos introduced this year, which I think looks pretty cool. The uniforms are basically recolored versions of the current set, except I removed this alt. When I first saw it, I wondered when the Miami Heat joined the MLB. So, it was replaced with black.

Here we go. This is my proudest work so far.

BRAVESLOGOS.png

BRAVESFINAL.png

Philadelphia Phillies Update #1

Nothing too different here. Bigger numbers, names, cleaner powder script, powder pants piping, and now I might have figured out how to make it look like there isn't placket piping. Oh, and I swapped out the liberty bell on the primary for the Phillies script, so it should be more easily attributed to that club.

PHILLIESLOGOS-1.png

PHILLIESFINAL-1.png

C&C Appreciated!

The Phillies look much better. My two minor issues are the blue button on the red cap (I know they do that now, but it's unnecessary and looks really out of place) and the fact that the powder blue alt should have sleeve piping to match the pants. The primary logo is an upgrade, and so is fixing the thick faux plackett piping.

I've always thought that the Braves looked sharp in red and black in concepts, even without the colour game aspect in mind. Their blue alt is horrendous IMO, and the black one you made looks much better - not because of the colour, but because of the lack of the ridiculous phantom numbers and script. It seems that you forgot to put the sleeve patch on the front view of the black alt though. Goof job.

I think you've nailed the Phillies this time.

As for the Braves, there are some problems with mismatched piping on the alternates. The reason I hate a red alternate for the Braves is that you can't have a white tomahawk, so it must be blue (black in this case.) So the script must match, and so must the piping pattern, to be white-black-white. This pattern paired with black-red-black on the pants looks awful. This is a problem that's pretty hard to get around. I suggest either fully dumping the red alternate, or trying something different like the tomahawk A on the chest maybe.

On the black alternate, you need to invert the piping. It should be white-red-white to match the script.

Nice work again.

I quite like both concepts, although I would suggest evening out the color balance as Fox described and using a varsity font. The Phillies are as good as they can get with that script and number font. Good job!

First of all, these are hopefully my updated and finalized color schemes:

EDIT: updated color schemes are moved to the first post.

New York Mets -- Update 1

I added piping on the sleeves, enlarged the home scripts, removed the orange road option, added a blue billed hat, and made the basic stuff bigger.

METSLOGOS-1.png

METSFINAL-1.png

Washington Nationals -- Update 1

Updated the Nationals. Bigger stuff (again), double placket piping to match the sleeves and pants. I put both hats on there as options for each uniform set just to give players the option. This one isn't too different, but there might be something I missed. If there is, please tell me, as I would like these to be as best as they can.

NATIONALSLOGOS-1.png

I realize that the two hats don't neccessarily go with all uniform combinations, I just wanted to show that they were options.

NATIONALSFINAL-1.png

C&C Appreciated!

The Mets look better, but the NOB and numbers are still a bit too small. Personally, I'd make one alt for home and one for the road (with the "NEW YORK" script on the road), but that's more of a personal preference than something that would improve the concept.

The Nats are a downgrade IMO. The double plackett piping really obscures the scripts.

Miami Marlins -- Update 1

Looking back on the original, the Marlins concept was a discolored mess. The pipings, numbers, outlines, NOBs, and wordmarks were inconsistently matched. I put the Marlin back on the M. I'm not a real big fan of it, but it gives the Marlins their own identity in the logos and hats. It distinguishes them from other "M" teams in the league. I also removed the pinstripes on the home and went with solid white.

MARLINSLOGOS-1.png

MARLINSFINAL-1.png

C&C Appreciated!

Miami: You nailed it on the update

New York: Same.

Washington: Double placket piping makes scripts hard to read. Stay with red hat at home and blue on the road. Go with no placket piping. Otherwise, they look nice.

With these three updates, I think the NL East is complete!

BRAVESLOGOS-1.png

BRAVESFINAL-1.png

PHILLIESLOGOS-1.png

PHILLIESFINAL-2.png

NATIONALSLOGOS-1.png

NATIONALSFINAL-2.png

I'm hoping to have one NL West team done this week, maybe two. Spring Break is next week ( :D ), but I won't have any time to work on concepts ( :mad: ) because I will be in Arizona with my baseball team ( :D ). So, this series will have to slow down a lot.

I love everything except Alt 1 for the Braves. Have you tried it in red? It just seems pointless to have 2 almost identical jerseys.

Look up about 5 posts. There are some problems.

Very, very good concepts. I hate to be nit picky with the Braves alternate, but I have a few more ideas:

1. One thing that you could try is ditching the idea of the tomahawk A on the chest, and instead go with what is basically the Braves new cream alternate but with black in place of blue.

2. You could try a red alternate with just the A with an outline. (No tomahawk) Make the A white with a black outline. Make the piping black-white-black. While the second white alt is nice, this could be worth trying and could finally give the braves a good-looking red jersey. You could put uniforms numbers on the left, too, if you wanted. If you did, I would suggest making those white as well.

Very, very good concepts. I hate to be nit picky with the Braves alternate, but I have a few more ideas:

1. One thing that you could try is ditching the idea of the tomahawk A on the chest, and instead go with what is basically the Braves new cream alternate but with black in place of blue.

2. You could try a red alternate with just the A with an outline. (No tomahawk) Make the A white with a black outline. Make the piping black-white-black. While the second white alt is nice, this could be worth trying and could finally give the braves a good-looking red jersey. You could put uniforms numbers on the left, too, if you wanted. If you did, I would suggest making those white as well.

I think I'll release your two suggestions and my tomahawk one. They all sound like they would look pretty cool though.

Alright Fox, these are for you.

This is the one currently designated as the home alt.

AltHomeJersey.png

These are your two suggestions.

AltHomeJersey1.png

AltHomeJersey2.png

Lose the double-outline on the A on the red jersey and you've got a winner. Simple white A outlined in black will do. The jersey actually looked a lot better than I expected. Nice work and thanks for making all three of these examples.

Went with the simple outlined A for the home alt. Thank you Fox for all your input. You've helped me improve these concepts a lot!

BRAVESLOGOS-2.png

BRAVESFINAL-2.png

Los Angeles Dodgers

The Dodgers have a clean, classy look that is one of the best in the league. I still was able to make some changes.

-Put the primary on the sleeve as a roundel. It is an alt logo that they introduced that I wish they would have put it on the sleeves.

-Added a Dodger blue alt. They failed doing this in 1999, because it didn't match other jerseys. This one is clean but unique.

-Powder throwback. I loved their Brooklyn unis, and I wanted the Dodgers to pay tribute to their old home.

-NO MORE RED! Like the Yankees, the Dodgers don't need the amount of red they currently have. I made the primary all blue and the front numbers blue as well.

LAD.png

Oh, and if you didn't notice, I'm trying out a simpler presentation style.

C&C Appreciated!

Good job on the Dodgers. The alt they tried in '99 was horrendous; all they needed was something simple like this. It looks odd to see a Dodgers uni without red numbers, but I understand your reasoning for cutting the red. I would, however, at least make the baseball red. Sure, red's not on the uniforms, but the Blue Jays have red on their logo and not on their jerseys because baseballs (and maple leaves) are red in real life, so they should get a pass.

The Braves set is now perfect, nice job on them.

It's very odd seeing the red numbers gone, but I understand the reason for it. The set really looks nice. My only gripe is that patch logo with the dodgers script would get repetitive on the home and home alternate. I think that the current LA logo on the sleeves works.

San Francisco Giants

Here's what I did:

-Made the home jersey white instead of cream. White makes the numbers and scripts pop better IMO.

-Used the 1990's scripts. The arched SAN FRANCISCO script doesn't look that good, and I wanted one that would match the GIANTS font.

-Used their recent alternate logo as a sleeve logo. I love roundels on patches (as you can probably tell), but I don't like when the contents extend past the outside of the circle. That's what the Giant's current primary does, and it bothers me. The "shadow" baseball looks more like a sad attempt at a gradient and looks very unprofessional.

-Took the new road alt and removed the gold shadow from it. Makes much more sense to me.

SF.png

C&C Appreciated!

I freakin' love this concept! However, I would suggest using the orange bill on the road alt, and adding neck piping. Good job!

Great job! The only thing I would suggest would to make the alt cap have an orange button and make it the home primary (for both jerseys).