Tebow Watch 2012

Cujo

This Jets fan:

+1.

From what I'm reading, the Jets would be interested in Tebow with the purpose of reviving the "WildJet" which was somehwat effective during Brad Smith's days with the team.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Jets fan:

+1.

From what I'm reading, the Jets would be interested in Tebow with the purpose of reviving the "WildJet" which was somehwat effective during Brad Smith's days with the team.

The second Tebow becomes a Jet is the second the Jets have a QB controversy. No matter how much they talk about the wildcat.

The Denver Broncos are expected to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to either the New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars by midday Wednesday, Orlando's WKMG-TV reported, citing a source close to the NFL star.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

--

Jacksonville just makes too much sense for it not to happen. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. GO TO JACKSONVILLE!

I've heard rumors of Tebow to New England. If that happens, my relationship with my beloved Patriots (and probably football in general) is on hiatus until reverend Tim is gone.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS andΒ Go Sox

I'm sure Tim would love being a Jet. Getting called a :censored: ing Jesus-loving :censored: head :censored: by his coach, then awkwardly catching Rex staring longingly at his feet in the locker room, having to endure Cromartie's endless impregnating of every girl in a Tebow jersey.

Sounds like a blast.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The second Tebow becomes a Jet is the second the Jets have a QB controversy. No matter how much they talk about the wildcat.

They absolutely will which is why I don't understand their interest in him. Then again no team will ever admit they have a QB controversy even when its clear as to day everyone else they do, so I could absolutely see the Jets talking themselves into believing that if they brought Tebow in nobody would ever question whether or not he should take over for Mark Sanchez.

But I do think he will end up in Jacksonville. Financially they stand the most to gain, its where Tebow would probably most like to play, and it would give the Jaguars an identity something I'm not sure if they've ever had even when they were one of the NFL's best teams in the late 90's-early 2000's. College football is king in that area and probably always will be, but at least for a little while the Jags could keep up if they had the greatest Florida college player of all-time.

Tebow could change the entire face of that franchise and never win them a game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NFL.com said the Bills are the most logical because of a coach that would know how to use Tebow right.

Chan Gailey? He did wonders for Reggie Ball.

Tebow's going to Jacksonville.....the Sharks, that is. He can take snaps from Chris Leak, just like the good ol' days...

If Tebow and the circus around him wasn't such a distraction I wouldn't mind bringing him to NY to.. A. Light a fire under Sanchez and B. Run the Wildcat. But Tebow in NY is nothing but a headache for all involved.

He's from the Jacksonville area, he's Godlike figure in Florida, they love Jesus down there. It just makes too much sense.

Patriots have this guy named Tom Brady. Plus Ryan Mallet.

Plus Brian Hoyer. No team carries four QBs.

As for using Tebow on defense, h-back, etc., that Patriots have people already on the roster that are better at doing that than Tebow.

If he goes to NE, he might have been better off staying in Denver. He'll play about the same amount.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

I've heard rumors of Tebow to New England. If that happens, my relationship with my beloved Patriots (and probably football in general) is on hiatus until reverend Tim is gone.

+1. I hate his Focus on the Family-supporting ass.

spacer.png

Every time people talk about Tim Tebow supporting Focus on the Family, I think of the commercial he did where he pounced on his mom. I suppose that's one way of focusing on the family.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Well, when his opinions seem to include that women and gay people are second-class citizens, some people aren't going to like that!

I've never heard him say those words.

Hating the guy because he happens to be religious seems odd. I'm not religious at ALL, by the way, but I always found it ironic that the people who bash Jesus Freaks will defend Muhammadites.

Be consistant with your religious hatred, dammit... :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think I'd like to see him in New England, where there's a well-established culture that he wouldn't be able to mess with with all of his "look at me" nonsense, and plenty of leaders and coaches who wouldn't be afraid to tell him to calm it down every time he gets on camera. Doesn't seem like the owner would put up with having his team used as a promotional tool for a religion either, so maybe for once he'll be in an environment where the only thing he is there for is football.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I always found it ironic that the people who bash Jesus Freaks will defend Muhammadites.

I will agree with you that people who go hard against Christianity pull their punches a little on Muslims. Maybe because Lutherans don't start ululating and threatening to blow you up if you make fun of them; this is why A Prairie Home Companion is still allowed to air

Tebow financically makes sense in Jacksonville.

Tebow developmentally makes sense in New England.

Tebow makes zero sense with the New York Jets.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Only so long as he keeps pumping them.

It's not his faith but what he does to promote it that is relevant here. Actions matter, and FooF's are repellent.

The real irony, of course, is that for all the fear-mongering it isn't Muslims trying to impose Sharia law in this country. It's Tebow's playmates and their ilk.

Archived