Tebow Watch 2012

Cujo

Well, there really isn't a difference between non-Christians telling Christians to keep their mouth shut and vice-versa. There isn't a "better" side.

Sure there is - everybody stop prosthelytizing. Respect everyone else's faith enough to keep your private religious beliefs just that. Everybody wins.

Respect everyone's faith while they make fun of yours and tell you to shut up. Yeah, that seems fair. Everyone wins. :rolleyes: You can't be this blind, Goth.

I'm telling everybody to shut up. That includes not "making fun" of anybody's faith. Seems very fair, actually.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there really isn't a difference between non-Christians telling Christians to keep their mouth shut and vice-versa. There isn't a "better" side.

Sure there is - everybody stop prosthelytizing. Respect everyone else's faith enough to keep your private religious beliefs just that. Everybody wins.

Respect everyone's faith while they make fun of yours and tell you to shut up. Yeah, that seems fair. Everyone wins. :rolleyes: You can't be this blind, Goth.

I'm telling everybody to shut up. That includes not "making fun" of anybody's faith. Seems very fair, actually.

I finally understand what you were trying to say...I apologize for making certain assumptions.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From Sportspickle: "If the Tebow/jets trade falls through, I still think he easily goes down as one of the Top 5 Jets quarterbacks of all-time."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

His religious beliefs are NOT relevant to any discussion - his religious expression, which is an extension of said beliefs, absolutely IS relevant.

Not really, and if it IS relevant, it's hypocrisy at its finest. Many athletes are uber-religious. They thank God and Jesus as often as possible, point to the sky, etc etc etc and never receive the hate that Tebow gets.

Tebow not the most religious player in the NFL

And again...

And get ready for the anti-religious to burn down Drew Brees' house:

Only so long as he keeps pumping them.

It's not his faith but what he does to promote it that is relevant here.

Funny how Kurt Warner was never treated the same way Tebow is being treated. I don't think anyone ever said "Keep that religious nut Warner away from my team!" or "I'm never going to be a fan of the Cardinals because Warner is a religious nut bag".

Kurt Warner did receive a lot of grief. Not nearly the same as Tebow because nobody knew who he was until he won the SB, and even then he was in low-key small markets except for his stint in NY when he sucked and was irrelevant.

Again - this has nothing to do with his religious beliefs. You're right - a lot of athletes are religious and point to the sky and thank their god during interviews and so on. But he takes it to a whole other level, where he uses the team and the opportunities to be in the spotlight that being an NFL player affords to promote his religious beliefs, commands a spotlight with his Tebowing, and is an absolute media whore (maybe not out of some self absorbed need, but maybe because he realizes how much he can use the media to spread his message.)

If I'm the owner of an NFL team, hell - the owner of any business - I don't want the face of my company out there promoting things and speaking a message that isn't in tune with the company's mission. That's not to say he can't have those beliefs, but his antics divide the fan base, which isn't good for business. I see no reason he can't have his beliefs but not use NFL games simply as a platform for communicating them.

In my company, I work with people from all over the world who have all kinds of religion. We have prayer cubes with adornments set aside for them to pray or do whatever they need to do. But if one of them was to ever go speaking publicly about religion while wearing a company t-shirt or something, they'd be let go. And rightfully so. People would complain that we're suppressing people's beliefs, which would be stupid. We're just saying that you can't use the company as a means of promoting those beliefs, because people draw a connection and that's not the image that most companies want.

*actually, I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to let said person go or not - but IMO we should be. It's no different than if you're drunk somewhere and in handcuffs on the news while wearing a company shirt. It gives people an image about your business and the people you have representing you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If what the the Broncos are saying about the Jets announcing the deal before it was made just to drum up some media publicity without even bothering to read the contract I would seriously consider firing Mike Tannenbaum on the spot if I was Woody Johnson because I don't know how you can consider yourself qualified to even be a GM if your going to make that type of screw up. That is just inexcusable stupidity if true.

I imagine the Jets went into the deal without watching any film, then after doing so are dying to get out of this deal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I imagine the Jets went into the deal without watching any film, then after doing so are dying to get out of this deal.

On top of that, the Jets slept straight through Tebow's game against them last October.

6uXNWAo.png

What is funny every other team knew about the five million, but the Jets were so quick to pull the trigger they did not know. Wow what a mess gang green has become and almost every Jets fan I have heard hates hates hates this deal.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Keep Tebow-bashing away. It's worked so well for all of you haters thus far.

Yes, because clearly anyone who critiques Tebow's sanctimony and his choice of company expects that their opinions will make him go away.

I'm not even referring to that. I just find it so obvious that he thrives on people constantly telling him he's no good... It fuels his fire, and people keep adding to it.

Oh plenty of people told him he was good in college and high school. The only reason they told him he "couldn't play" in high school was out of a sense that letting home schooled kids merc for public school teams is kind of...well...dicey with regards to rules governing prep competition. He didn't even get that in college.

Tim Tebow is a fine athlete. He is not, nor will he develop into, a fine NFL-level quarterback. That's not something to be ashamed of, since there probably are only 20-25 people at any given time who are "fine NFL-level quarterbacks".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tebow will be a Jag I am hearing. No link yet so take it for what it is worth.

Hearing where? Forum/radio/twitter/etc?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived