Tebow Watch 2012

Cujo

It still baffles me that he's a freakin' Jet. Talk about a team that is wrong for him. Not that any NFL team was right....

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's gonna be fun watching you self-destruct behind all this, Curtis.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If you take Super Bowl III away, Namath was an average Quarterback who in no way is close to a Hall of Famer. Additionally the fact he won Super Bowl III MVP is a joke, Matt Snell was the real MVP of that game.

and if you take away Obama's election win he wouldn't be president.

Are these the numbers of a Hall of Fame QB?

Career Yards: 27,663 Number of 3,000 yard seasons 3

Career Touchdowns: 173! Number of 25 TD seasons 3

Career Interceptions: 220! Number of seasons under 10 interceptions 3 (All were years he was hurt)

Career QB Rating: 65.5

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Career Interceptions: 220! Number of seasons under 10 interceptions 3 (All were years he was hurt)

Yes they are!!

Whether or not they should be is a different question. Personally I think Namath should be in their. His guaranteeing victory is one of the founding myths of the Superbowl. I don't think Namath's influence on the game can be measured in numbers.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yes they are!!

Whether or not they should be is a different question. Personally I think Namath should be in their. His guaranteeing victory is one of the founding myths of the Superbowl. I don't think Namath's influence on the game can be measured in numbers.

I am with Tank on this one. I don't think Namath was "below average", but he is definitely "overrated". That super bowl guarantee (and backing it up) was bold...without it he's not even mentioned for the HOF. Tank's TD/Int stat: 173/220. Wow...I did not know it was that bad.

Namath probably would have been better if not for bad knees. Either way, he was worthy of being a starter, but not one of the best ever.

So the question is whether the Super Bowl and the intangibles it created should get him in. I tend not to think so. I think that's more of something to put an otherwise borderline candidate over the top, but not for an otherwise "not to be considered".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yes they are!!

I am with Tank on this one. I don't think Namath was "below average", but he is definitely "overrated". That super bowl guarantee (and backing it up) was bold...without it he's not even mentioned for the HOF. Tank's TD/Int stat: 173/220. Wow...I did not know it was that bad.

Namath probably would have been better if not for bad knees. Either way, he was worthy of being a starter, but not one of the best ever.

So the question is whether the Super Bowl and the intangibles it created should get him in. I tend not to think so. I think that's more of something to put an otherwise borderline candidate over the top, but not for an otherwise "not to be considered".

The issue is that the HOF isn't just an achieve x number of whichever career stat you want to pick and get in. The Hall is there to reflect the history of the game. I agree that actually Namath's career numbers don't put him in the hall. But you can't really have a Hall of Fame that accurately reflects the modern game and doesn't have Broadway Joe in it, IMHO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I said initially if you take away Super Bowl III Namath is not close to the Hall of Fame, my point was one game made an overrated QB a lock Hall of Famer. Oh btw Snell should have still been MVP.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

i imagine tebow's first conversation with rex ryan going like this:

Tebow: "Hi, my name is Tim Tebow. I'm your new quarterback."

Rex Ryan: "So tell me son, how big are your feet?" *fap fap fap*

In the sad modern era of the CCSLC, some would call that POTD material.

*sigh*

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

*sigh*

POTD

I didn't laugh or find it funny or appropriate, but I'm tired of hearing about apparently awful it is around here.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

*sigh*

picture-360.png

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yes they are!!

The issue is that the HOF isn't just an achieve x number of whichever career stat you want to pick and get in. The Hall is there to reflect the history of the game. I agree that actually Namath's career numbers don't put him in the hall. But you can't really have a Hall of Fame that accurately reflects the modern game and doesn't have Broadway Joe in it, IMHO.

I think that moment should exist in the Hall of Fame in it's own exhibit or something, but to be a player accepted into the Hall of Fame, you should be one of the best to ever play your position. For Joe Namath to be a Hall of Fame kind of cheapens that, in my opinion -- I mean, as much as something like that can be "cheapened" anyways.

Apparently there's already a 10-week backorder on Tebow jerseys. I'll never understand how one player becomes so popular.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived