Annual Reminder About www.the506.com

BlueSky

Time for my annual reminder about the outstanding www.the506.com, which details the NFL season (among other sports) in terms of what games are being shown where in the country and also the rules that dictate who sees what. Just a super resource, especially for those of us who don't live in our team's market.

Once the season comes they'll post NFL maps like this 2011 Week 1 example.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Sweet, thanks for the reminder man.

Oh, and is that who I think it is calling the Arkansas State-Oregon game on Saturday? You know what happens when Tessitore is around... weird things happen. :)

Well, whose television stations do you get? New York? You'll get the Jets. Hartford-New Haven? Either/or, but probably the Patriots. The map's not out yet, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really hate having to watch the Rams every week.

Yeah, well the Bears are no picnic either. Except judging from the map the Bears seem to have blackballed the Rams from all their secondary markets or something. What the hell dudes?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bears are on CBS, Rams are on Fox. Both teams are sharing the sweet, sweet pie of downstate.

Except Peoria and Rockford which get Washington-New Orleans because...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i still wish the nfl would change the rules on what games are shown in local markets. i dont like to see ravens games if there is a better matchup on cbs/fox at the sametime.

I do to but either you get DirecTV or your stuck with whatever the NFL decides to give you. Sucks and I think it should be illegal but that's the way it is.

I will say with the flex scheduling though you do get better late season matchups on National TV. And there are other ways of watching out of market NFL games with the internet although granted the quality isn't nearly as good.

i still wish the nfl would change the rules on what games are shown in local markets. i dont like to see ravens games if there is a better matchup on cbs/fox at the sametime.

I do to but either you get DirecTV or your stuck with whatever the NFL decides to give you. Sucks and I think it should be illegal but that's the way it is.

I will say with the flex scheduling though you do get better late season matchups on National TV. And there are other ways of watching out of market NFL games with the internet although granted the quality isn't nearly as good.

I would blame the networks moreso than the NFL; the local affiliates have a say in what games they receive, and almost always, they'll get their way, but ultimately, CBS and Fox have the final say over what games are shown in your area. Being here in Los Angeles, we always get the Chargers on CBS unless they're blacked-out at home or play a Sunday/Monday Night game, and Fox usually features either a NFC North or East team (we've seen plenty of Cowboys and Saints games over the last few years; in 2009 alone, the Cowboys were on L.A. TV EVERY single week, regardless of the broadcast partner).

Archived