2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

If you haven't seen the Chargers, here's a look. Differences; stripe on the bottom of the sock, half collar gone, and gold nameplate.

tempSEAvsSD_080813__286--nfl_mezz_1280_1

Big upgrade. It doesn't completely expunge the problems with this set, but it places more emphasis on yellow over light blue so they're not sharing equal space anymore. The Chargers are now a navy and yellow team with light blue accents, which looks better than what they've been, a navy-yellow-light blue team.

Also, Dennisbergan, add another team to the list of teams wearing the very "unfashionable" sock stripes. Eat it.

Yellow pants will help

Yellow pants would be a beauty and would greatly help this travesty of a uniform.

Not in the slightest. A combo of white / navy / yellow would not look good.

Football symmetry goes like this; Helmet & Pants same color : Jersey & Socks same color. Bonus points for jersey and socks using same striping.

Furthermore, the symmetry continues with Helmet, Jersey & Socks same color, Pants white or secondary team color. Again, bonus points for jersey and socks using same striping.

So the ultimate bonus for the Chargers is to have lightning bolts whipped around their socks? Imagine that!

Go A's!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Custom facemasks have been banned, unless needed for medical purposes.

Lame. I can think of plenty of reasons someone would need a completely full bar mask. Most of them being not getting my fingers bitten off by another player and not having my nose picked/broke from another player. The bottom of those piles can get dirty.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

A combo of white / navy / yellow would not look good.

Football symmetry goes like this; Helmet & Pants same color : Jersey & Socks same color. Bonus points for jersey and socks using same striping.

Furthermore, the symmetry continues with Helmet, Jersey & Socks same color, Pants white or secondary team color. Again, bonus points for jersey and socks using same striping.

facebook-like-hand.png

A combo of white / navy / yellow would not look good.

facebook-like-hand.png

The Steelers black helmet, white jersey, and gold pants looks very nice. Same with the Redskins when they wear their red helmet, white jersey, and gold pants. Multiple color combinations can work. That being said, I strongly dislike the white Chargers helmet anyways and would prefer the Fouts era helmet with the yellow pants.

The Falcons wearing red socks with their red jersey always seems off balance to me. I think the black socks would look better. Random thought of the day.

Not random at all. I don't think enough emphasis is placed on socks in college and NFL. My Seahawks look horrible with the solid navy socks when paired with the navy pants. Looks even worse with teams that have solid colored pants with matching socks such and the Saints and Ravens. Seems like such an easy thing to fix, but they obviously don't care.

The Falcons wearing red socks with their red jersey always seems off balance to me. I think the black socks would look better. Random thought of the day.

Not random at all. I don't think enough emphasis is placed on socks in college and NFL. My Seahawks look horrible with the solid navy socks when paired with the navy pants. Looks even worse with teams that have solid colored pants with matching socks such and the Saints and Ravens. Seems like such an easy thing to fix, but they obviously don't care.

No, the problem isn't that they don't care. I agree with you that matching the dark socks with the dark pants looks horrible, but it's obvious that this is an intentional choice that teams are now making. I remember reading that in the cases of the Bengals and the Texans (both teams having a contrasting color sock available specifically to go with their dark pants), the players requested that they be allowed to wear the non-contrasting socks, and the teams let them. Apparently, this is how they want to look. Reason number 2184 why players should never be consulted on uniforms.

The yellow stripe on the socks make that chargers set so much nicer.

My biggest problem with the Chargers' current (as of last year) set was that the navy road pants on top of navy socks looked like hot garbage:

ryan-mathews-cut.jpg

The biggest problem with this set is that wide-ass ugly white stripe on the navy pants. Just looks terrible, especially compared to the previous navy pants (with the gold lightening bolt down the side).

They need to s-can the navy pants altogether and go with navy blue jerseys with white pants at home (with yellow pants as a change-up) and white jerseys with yellow pants on the road (with white pants as a change-up).

And then go old-school with light blue jerseys with yellow pants for the "throwemback" look (which they actually used to wear).

I don't even count that little tiny yellow outline as a "striped sock". Just like I don't count the Broncos little orange outline on their solid navy socks either as a "striped sock". So I don't have to eat anything.

BTW, 3 more teams changed uniforms in 2013 and nobody added a striped sock. I guess they didn't get the memo that some dorks at Creamer's site think striped socks are dope and in fashion.

You still have the garish looking Redskins, Chiefs, Bears and Bills circa 1970's sockwear to keep your juices flowing. And good for them. They've held out for a long time and all have very 'traditional' looks (or tired, if you will). As I have always said, its good to have variety. Not everyone has to be a traditional uniform. Not everyone has to dump the terlet-seat collars that bother so many here. Not everyone has to have block numbers and grey facemasks. With some here, you'd think everyone has to look the same and nobody dare look a little bit innovative. Its why Jacksonville's look will never work with many here. Just like anything Oregon has done won't work either. Some people hate change and hate anything that dares to look different then the other kids. Its Jacksonville, for gosh sakes. They need to be known for something.

Also, Dennisbergan, add another team to the list of teams wearing the very "unfashionable" sock stripes. Eat it.

Well if you don't count it that's awfully convenient for you, but it's a stripe on a sock so it's legally a striped sock.

An awful lot of teams are wearing sock stripes, a uniform item which you crusade as being the ultimate sign of outdated uniforms. At a certain point you're going to have to accept that these things aren't going away because it's far more likely that they return to fashion. What're you going to say when they do come back into style since you're the arbiter of what is and isn't cool? Will you accept them then

PvO6ZWJ.png

You still have the garish looking Redskins, Chiefs, Bears and Bills circa 1970's sockwear to keep your juices flowing. And good for them. They've held out for a long time and all have very 'traditional' looks (or tired, if you will). As I have always said, its good to have variety. Not everyone has to be a traditional uniform. Not everyone has to dump the terlet-seat collars that bother so many here. Not everyone has to have block numbers and grey facemasks. With some here, you'd think everyone has to look the same and nobody dare look a little bit innovative. Its why Jacksonville's look will never work with many here. Just like anything Oregon has done won't work either. Some people hate change and hate anything that dares to look different then the other kids. Its Jacksonville, for gosh sakes. They need to be known for something.

I actually agree with this. Your condescending tone is....annoying, but I agree with it. Not everything old is good. Not everything new is good. That's not groundbreaking philosophy, Bergan. Now where we differ is that you seem to think anything innovative is good, which history has shown isn't always true. Cooperalls were once innovative, but they also looked F****** stupid and were dangerous. Oh wait, you only ever post about socks in football threads so I'll assume you only know about football. Plastic facemasks were once innovative, but they also looked f****** stupid.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Seems more like trim than a stripe to me.

What's the difference? It's not a solid colored sock. It's another visual part of the uniform that a designer chose to add a piece of color with. Sorta like a stripe. It's a stripe and it can't be disregarded because the Chargers' uniforms looks different before and after the stripe went on the sock.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived