2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

These never looked right and the old version no longer works for the same reason the Colts and Jets look so bad.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you in one case...personally I feel that the Colts have one of the sharpest unis in the NFL. It may be plain but it looks great...home and away.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Panthers combo tonight at Philly is black jersey / black pants / blue socks

How long before Ole Jerry relents and we get to see white jersey/black pants/blue socks combo?

Cat Scratch Fever is only going to wear black jersey's 5 times in the regular season (because its just so darned warm in September in Charlotte and we must wear white because our poor players will just wilt in the heat if we don't). So, they'll probably wear the grey pants with the black jersey's a couple of times and that will leave the black pants for only 2-3 games all year.

White jersey's and white pants is a soft look on Carolina. Its soft because of the silver helmet. Pair the white jersey with the black pants 3-4 times a year and you would have something really nice.

Why are the Bears wearing white shoes?

Because the Bears are wearing white shoes in 2013.

Doesn't look right, does it?

Someone posted a picture and they were all wearing black cleats with white accents or colored cleats, but they were using white tape.

And i really really wish the panthers switched to matte or semi matte black helmets. If any team should be going all black, it's them.

EDIT: nvm the new picture shows white cleats, it actually doesn't look bad, just I guess doesn't match the tough football theme that it seems their division is supposed portray.

I absolutely love it. It looks badass and the blue really pops. Really works for a team called the Panthers.

The blue socks absolutely make this uni work. If they had gone with black pants & black socks it would have looked terrible.

That being said, i still love their blue jerseys. I hope we see them a couple times this year.

they'll be worn twice, there was a post on the week by week page that has the jersey schedule

I absolutely love it. It looks badass and the blue really pops. Really works for a team called the Panthers.

The blue socks absolutely make this uni work. If they had gone with black pants & black socks it would have looked terrible.

That being said, i still love their blue jerseys. I hope we see them a couple times this year.

They must go with the blue jersey and black pants, which was the original Panthers uniform unveiled in 1993.

bSLCtu2.png

A team named the Panthers SHOULD be in all black. I usually hate monochrome but it works great for them.

Lose the baby blue...go black. I'm not a fan of changing to black for black's sake but in the Panther's case...actual panthers are black and the team should be too.

87Redskins.png

No changes from last year.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2013/08/14/timelessly-representing-the-ballclub-nhl-edition-part-i/

Then, they are obviously lying.

Watch the Bears hi-lites from last night. Besides a few of the ugly team colored shoes, almost everyone is wearing white shoes.

Unless they change back for the regular season (not likely), the Bears are a white shoe team in 2013.

Someone posted a picture and they were all wearing black cleats with white accents or colored cleats, but they were using white tape.

Someone posted a faulty picture then.

Some of the shoes that might look "black" are actually considered white in the athletic apparel world. Because they are more half-and-half black/white.

And the "white tape" is a give-away too. White shoe teams are allowed to wear white tape on their shoes. Black shoe teams are not (they use black tape).

Watch the game from last night against San Diego. The Bears are a white shoe team now. Not really hard to see.

A team named the Panthers SHOULD be in all black. I usually hate monochrome but it works great for them.

Lose the baby blue...go black. I'm not a fan of changing to black for black's sake but in the Panther's case...actual panthers are black and the team should be too.

I think the blue is what makes their black uniform pop and it definitely needs to remain a constant in their uniform.

spacer.png

"Market research shows that black is depressing, and by shifting their color-mood paradigms, the Bears can use synergy to globally develop their core competencies. It's a key resource-diversification strategy that I facilitated and implemented when I scouted for the Chiefs, who recently got their ass kicked like every single week, but trust me, I know things."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But that just brings up the old "are bears navy blue, are eagles green, are dolphins aqua?" arguments. Panthers might be black, but the only reason a football team named the Panthers needs to dress in black from head to ankle is that they look better that way.

How about this? Real panthers are black, but real NFL teams have a contrast of colors between the parts of their uniforms. (IMO, of course :D)

But that just brings up the old "are bears navy blue, are eagles green, are dolphins aqua?" arguments. Panthers might be black, but the only reason a football team named the Panthers needs to dress in black from head to ankle is that they look better that way.

How about this? Real panthers are black, but real NFL teams have a contrast of colors between the parts of their uniforms. (IMO, of course :D)

Now, now. Let's not make any over-generalizations

panther.gif

Now, now. Let's not make any over-generalizations

panther.gif

^ That was great! :)

Archived