2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Tough to tell...but I thought the turf looked like crap during the Jets game (could be all things look like crap when the Jets are on them). Saw big splotches of black rubber.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231449/Pre-Week-2-Jaguars-vs-Jets-highlights

There's the highlights from the game, not sure if the splotches are as prevalent on a computer screen as they were on an HD tv

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lg_faulk_ap_01.jpg

What does Marshal Faulk breakin some Panther ankles have to do with anything?

It's the only time the Panthers have worn their white jerseys with silver pants. And I much prefer it to the white pants/white jersey look.

I wish the Panthers ownership would come to their senses and scrap the white pants. It does not make sense at all. You are wearing a silver helmet and the silver pants should match with it no matter what jersey color they are wearing. The Panthers will look a billion times better wearing white/silver, black/silver, alt blue/silver etc. I do really like their all black look as well. There is no rhyme or reason why the Panthers should have white pants in the first place, but I guess it is not up to me to decide. Still, I think the all white look is wrong and just lame to watch.

Tough to tell...but I thought the turf looked like crap during the Jets game (could be all things look like crap when the Jets are on them). Saw big splotches of black rubber.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231449/Pre-Week-2-Jaguars-vs-Jets-highlights

There's the highlights from the game, not sure if the splotches are as prevalent on a computer screen as they were on an HD tv

It's an all new field that was put in at the beginning of July. It probably looked bad because there was a grass field laid on top earlier in the week for the Mexico-Ivory Coast soccer match.

It's an all new field that was put in at the beginning of July. It probably looked bad because there was a grass field laid on top earlier in the week for the Mexico-Ivory Coast soccer match.

EDIT - I rethought about posting this. Decided not to.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Did anyone else notice how much wider the striping is on the Packers pants this year?

Ca7Ke3P.jpg

Wow...those are damn near 1980s Niner-worthy.

Packers%20Rams%20Football.JPEG-0ca80.jpg

I know! I can't believe there haven't been a bunch of people on here complaining about Nike "forcing" the Packers to make changes to their uniform. LOL.

Did anyone else notice how much wider the striping is on the Packers pants this year?

Ca7Ke3P.jpg

Wow...those are damn near 1980s Niner-worthy.

Packers%20Rams%20Football.JPEG-0ca80.jpg

I know! I can't believe there haven't been a bunch of people on here complaining about Nike "forcing" the Packers to make changes to their uniform. LOL.

Considering they are still wearing the same style pants as what they had before nike came, it cant be all nikes fault

It might be Nike's fault.

Here's what they were wearing before Nike

Brett-Favre-Aaron-Rodgers.jpg

and this is from last year

Randall+Cobb+Detroit+Lions+v+Green+Bay+P

but then the 49ers who had virtually identical stripe width measurements on the helmets and pants with Reebok went with this

p1.kaepernick.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

but then the 49ers who had virtually identical stripe width measurements on the helmets and pants with Reebok went with this

p1.kaepernick.jpg

Are the Packers using the old style pants still or are they just using the old jersey style? If it is the old style pants, it can't just be the same issue as the 49ers.

I forgot about that part. I think they are still using the old kind of pants, now that you mention it.

Here's a picture from last season:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/120/245/hi-res-158216660_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

The large stripe may be because Nike had to use a different manufacturer for Green Bay's old style of pants than the one reebok used. That could be what's caused the change in stripe size.

PvO6ZWJ.png

p1.kaepernick.jpg

That Cobb picture was from last year, and it's the bicycle shorts so the stripes stretch.

With that in mind, I think that's what is going on this year. The Pack much have adopted the Nike version of the pants, which means the stripes are part of this mesh fabric. And since EVERY player is not required to use thigh and knee pads, could it be that's why they're stretching and making the stripes look so wide?

Go A's!

p1.kaepernick.jpg

That Cobb picture was from last year, and it's the bicycle shorts so the stripes stretch.

With that in mind, I think that's what is going on this year. The Pack much have adopted the Nike version of the pants, which means the stripes are part of this mesh fabric. And since EVERY player is not required to use thigh and knee pads, could it be that's why they're stretching and making the stripes look so wide?

Actually every player is required to wear thigh and knee pads starting this year

Seahawks in grey pants.

47HJimM.jpg

The Seahawks vaguely resembled an NFL team last night. These are the only pants they need. The navy pants look OK with the white jersey, but destroy the home look completely.

As I've said before, giving the Seahawks a dark pants option is like giving a 4 year old scissors. They've proved over and over they can't be trusted with dark pants... it's best just to take them away.

Archived