2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Well, it's hard to match the same color in different materials and lighting conditions. Teams seem to make daylight a priority, so they'll look good in a 1:00 game but not match perfectly under the lights.

They also might look closer in person or in still photos than they did on your television. So many variables...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be Nike's fault.

Here's what they were wearing before Nike

Brett-Favre-Aaron-Rodgers.jpg

and this is from last year

Randall+Cobb+Detroit+Lions+v+Green+Bay+P

but then the 49ers who had virtually identical stripe width measurements on the helmets and pants with Reebok went with this

p1.kaepernick.jpg

That Cobb picture was from last year, and it's the bicycle shorts so the stripes stretch.

With that in mind, I think that's what is going on this year. The Pack much have adopted the Nike version of the pants, which means the stripes are part of this mesh fabric. And since EVERY player is not required to use thigh and knee pads, could it be that's why they're stretching and making the stripes look so wide?

Actually every player is required to wear thigh and knee pads starting this year

Didn't realize that "not" was supposed to be "now"

Well, speaking of the pads, that would stretch it even more with the mesh fabric, yeah?

Go A's!

News alert- the Packers did not adopt the Nike cut pants. There are no mesh striping panels. They stuck with their old construction. Perhaps the production altered the appearance or width of the striping, but the pants are not the Pro Combat template. The comparison to the 49ers doesn't translate for this reason.

BSeIfYtCIAA98YH.jpg

I like the all white look. It's not overpowering and simple. Although the more I watch it, the more it just looks like the Jags are wearing white vests with a black shirt underneath

I swear, the helmet is the ONLY thing killing the Jags new unis. If it was just solid black, Jacksonville would have one of the best uniforms in the league.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

BSeIfYtCIAA98YH.jpg

I like the all white look. It's not overpowering and simple. Although the more I watch it, the more it just looks like the Jags are wearing white vests with a black shirt underneath

I swear, the helmet is the ONLY thing killing the Jags new unis. If it was just solid black, Jacksonville would have one of the best uniforms in the league.

I agree completely. The Jags look great from the front. What were they thinking with that helmet?

BSeIfYtCIAA98YH.jpg

I agree completely. The Jags look great from the front. What were they thinking with that helmet?

I will still have to disagree nothing on the uniform matches anything they are just thrown together with no real thought.

This Washington / Buffalo game looks great. It's funny how a nice set of striped socks makes a uni look 2 times better.

That was a great looking game.

BSeIfYtCIAA98YH.jpg

Make the helmet all black (matte, shiny, whatever - just fix it) ditch the all black look, go with white pants for both home and road, and the Jags would have a really solid new look.

BB52Big.jpg

I know its been said on here before, but the Niners really need to fix that sleeve stripe issue. The rest of their unis look perfect, which makes the cutoff stripe pattern completely stand out.

The 49ers are just four steps away from the perfect football uniform;

1. Raise the sleeve stripes to the point that all three are visible.

2. Repeat these stripes on the socks.

3. Declare themselves the masters of the perfect football uniform.

4. Point and laugh at anyone foolish enough to disagree.

going alittle of topic but staying on the nfl subject, ive noticed that the giants and jets went with the jets endzones and giants markings on the stadium, have there been other times that theve done this i dont remember them doing this last year

2rzsaw3.jpg

going alittle of topic but staying on the nfl subject, ive noticed that the giants and jets went with the jets endzones and giants markings on the stadium, have there been other times that theve done this i dont remember them doing this last year

they did it last year also in thier preseason game. 1 jets endzone and one giants endzone. The rest of the markings are the home team markings like any other home game. This year was giants, last year was jets.

By the way the jets endzone also has the swapped Conference/team logos.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Got to see the jags for the first time in the new uniforms. I rarely use superlatives on here, and I think it's really dangerous to do so, but I will here.

Those are the worst uniforms in the league by far, and possibly the worst in the history of the league.

The helmet is comical. The matte black in the front looks like an amateur spray paint job, while the gold in the back just looks like someone got tired and stopped. There does not appear to be any gradient.

The gold doesn't even match the logo, and the matte black clashes with the gloss black in the decal.

The number font is totally overdone, and the jerseys look like white tank tops worn over black sleeves.

The pants with the weird stripe in the middle that doesn't extend to the top or bottom are just silly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Got to see the jags for the first time in the new uniforms. I rarely use superlatives on here, and I think it's really dangerous to do so, but I will here.

Those are the worst uniforms in the league by far, and possibly the worst in the history of the league.

The helmet is comical. The matte black in the front looks like an amateur spray paint job, while the gold in the back just looks like someone got tired and stopped. There does not appear to be any gradient.

The gold doesn't even match the logo, and the matte black clashes with the gloss black in the decal.

The number font is totally overdone, and the jerseys look like white tank tops worn over black sleeves.

The pants with the weird stripe in the middle that doesn't extend to the top or bottom are just silly.

The gold helmet color matches the darker gold of the logo.(Have the helmet sitting right next to me as I type this) Nothing will ever top the Bills last uniforms as the worst in league history.

Since this uniform was introduced, I've seen dozens of adjective used to describe it. This is easily the most accurate. Well done.

Archived