2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Do you have a color for the helmet? Is there a guide for how much black the helmet should have? On some of the players it seems inconsistent mostly due to the different styles.

I really do just wish it just faded much better from black to gold much better.
It would also help if it wasnt two different finishes, gloss fading to matte is the worse idea ever concieved

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this has been pointed out already, but I just noticed the Jaguars' shoulder numbers don't have the gold outline. I keep finding new things to hate about these uniforms!

That and the NOB not having outlines are my only complaints about the actual uniforms besides the helmet.

Last night was the first time I've seen the helmets move in action. The Jaguars' helmet looks like a direct idea from Shad Khan, who himself looks like a man with gaudy taste, and nobody in the organization had the balls to say that a half-black, half-gold, half-matte, half-gloss helmet would look terrible on an historical scale.

Seriously? Khan has the Rolls Royce of mustaches upon his lip. That thing exudes class.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I photoshopped the helmets to see how they'd look if they were all black. Even in matte form, which is a scourge on helmet design, it looks so much better and more professional.

okayjags_zps44622384.png

terriblejags_zps8c6f4e8c.png

Mind if I post this in other places?

yeah this is worlds better I think that may put them ahead of few teams like AZ.

I mean you can only go up from hear because right now this is hands down the worst uniform I have ever seen top to bottom but with a few tweaks would be good.

I photoshopped the helmets to see how they'd look if they were all black. Even in matte form, which is a scourge on helmet design, it looks so much better and more professional.

Mind if I post this in other places?

go ahead.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Jaguars are getting exactly what they were wanting by changing their uniforms and doing some "wild" with their helmet. They are getting attention. Attention from fools like the people on these boards, who think they are crazy.

Sure, most of the dorks on this site don't like Jacksonville's look. They didn't make their uniforms for the uniform dorks, who think everyone should have striped socks, block numbers, bright colors and generic looks.

The worst uniforms in the NFL right now are either of the Ohio teams. Both are horrible. Cleveland's will FINALLY be changing in 2014, so we won't have to be subjected to those tired and ugly-ass stripe-infested things much longer.

Dallas's are pretty bad too. Hopefully they finally get an update soon.

I give a thumbs up for all 3 teams who updated this year. All are upgrades. Most of the uniform updates in the past decade have been upgrades over the previous set. That's really all you can ask for.

From the neck down there's some good things going on in the Jaguars uniforms. I would've made a different choice with the pants and I would've put a logo on the sleeves, but the socks, pants, and jerseys are far from the worst thing to ever hit an NFL field.

The helmet though is so bad, so out of the realm of good-taste, so out of touch with what is attractive in sports and life that it drags the rest of the uniforms down with it. They're so terrible you have to be a willfully obtuse troll or a blind contrarian to look at that thing and say to yourself "now that looks good". It may be unique, it may be something never before seen, and it may be getting people to talk about the Jacksonville Jaguars for the first time in a while, but it doesn't look good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Jaguars are getting exactly what they were wanting by changing their uniforms and doing some "wild" with their helmet. They are getting attention. Attention from fools like the people on these boards, who think they are crazy.

Sure, most of the dorks on this site don't like Jacksonville's look. They didn't make their uniforms for the uniform dorks, who think everyone should have striped socks, block numbers, bright colors and generic looks.

Yeah, you Dorks! You fools better represent! You just got schooled by the Berg-man! He knows what's hip and fresh!

white-rapper.jpg

Yeah, you Dorks! You fools better represent! You just got schooled by the Berg-man! He knows what's hip and fresh!

white-rapper.jpg

If thinking the Jaguars uniform is a complete mess makes me wrong then I do not want to be right.

The worst uniforms in the NFL right now are either of the Ohio teams. Both are horrible. Cleveland's will FINALLY be changing in 2014, so we won't have to be subjected to those tired and ugly-ass stripe-infested things much longer.

I give a thumbs up for all 3 teams who updated this year. All are upgrades. Most of the uniform updates in the past decade have been upgrades over the previous set. That's really all you can ask for.

I ask for more like a cohesive design and a helmet that looks like it wasn't charred in a warehouse fire.

Please post more. I love it.

Archived