2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beginning to think I have an unpopular opinion but I do not like the look of Jags unis at all mainly because of the color balance or lack there of & what seems like a mismatched group of ideas with no cohesion at all with any aspect of the uniform.

The helmet reversed or not is a ridiculous design period.

I beginning to think I have an unpopular opinion but I do not like the look of Jags unis at all mainly because of the color balance or lack there of & what seems like a mismatched group of ideas with no cohesion at all with any aspect of the uniform.

The helmet reversed or not is a ridiculous design period.

You may be right that this is an unpopular opinion, but if so this is a crazy world. Seems obvious to me that they threw everything against the wall with this uniform just to see how many "cutting edge" concepts they could get away with. The helmet's excruciating awfulness is understandably distracting, but there is way to much going on here by any standard.

It's the only time the Panthers have worn their white jerseys with silver pants. And I much prefer it to the white pants/white jersey look.

Oh wow. I had to look really close to see that those were silver pants.

That's part of the brilliance. The white and silver pants are so close to one and other that the white pants just become unnecessary.

The Panthers don't need to wear all black so they can look like actual panthers, but rather because a silver/black/black/blue combination would help them look less like the Raiders. Not that they're going to be sued for it anymore, but it looks cool, so do it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Does anyone have a pic of the new Rams endzones? I just saw on FS1 that the right endzone had a standard "ST. LOUIS" text in white. No clue on what the left endzone looks like.

The endzones are identical.

Google and Twitter are great tools to use to look up things: https://twitter.com/Rob4632/status/368950931297038337

And I just noticed this while watching the replay of that game, but the stretch fabric really makes the middle stripe look a shade lighter

Ca7Ke3P.jpg

Go A's!

Yuck.

201308171938707142739-p5.jpg

The Jets really need to tone down the stripes. It's nauseating.

And though they look good from every other angle, the Jags look really bad from a side view. Wow. Anyone else think the helmet colors need to be reversed? It would look better with gold in front, I think.

Are you kidding me? Those stripes are fantastic!

spacer.png

It's the only time the Panthers have worn their white jerseys with silver pants. And I much prefer it to the white pants/white jersey look.

Oh wow. I had to look really close to see that those were silver pants.

That's part of the brilliance. The white and silver pants are so close to one and other that the white pants just become unnecessary.

I agree. After seeing the second photo, I really wish they would wear the silver pants all the time.

In the world of "no one but us cares" -- the Giants have new turf this year... and the endzones have the "ny" logo and the NFC logo swapped... now NFC is on the left of the GIANTS and the ny is on the right.

Is the entire field new? Or just the endzones? Seems like a lot of money spent on a weird change, if the field was still in good shape.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In the world of "no one but us cares" -- the Giants have new turf this year... and the endzones have the "ny" logo and the NFC logo swapped... now NFC is on the left of the GIANTS and the ny is on the right.

Is the entire field new? Or just the endzones? Seems like a lot of money spent on a weird change, if the field was still in good shape.

Don't Jets and Giants each have their own endzones? The rest of the field is neutral?

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

From what ive heard its a brand new field, although the rest of the field doesn't look different to me... its possible the font on the Yard markings are a litte... "fancier"? have to see side by side to be sure. Im also not possitive the new field is installed for the preseason but the end zone definitly has that difference. ALSO -- the end zone is made up of square panels that can be moved around, so its also possible they just moved the panels on last year's end zone and I'm not looking at a "new" field at all.

Don't Jets and Giants each have their own endzones? The rest of the field is neutral?

Yes, I should have said MetLife Stadium has a new turf. The entire field is new this year, although as I said it doesnt look much different except for the endzone and its hard to even confirm the new turn is in yet or if theyre waiting for regular season.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived