2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Jaguars helmet = horrible. But, the rest of the uniform I like overall. The problem is that the black jersey is the weakest jersey of the set. But its just the teal shoulders with the black jersey and gold collar...they just don't balance well together. They should've gone with just black shoulders for the home jersey. The black monochrome look with this set doesn't work well either. They need to wear the white pants with the black jersey. The white jersey with the teal numbers I absolutely love and I'm excited to see that jersey on the field.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dolphins helmet bugs me in a few ways. The striping. Too thick of the Aqua/Teal color. The darker blue almost looks purple bunched with the tiny orange stripe. The Aqua/Teal looks a different shade then the rest of the uniform. The helmet has a yellow tint to it compared to the jersey and pants.

The Vikings new set looks pretty solid but that helmet color is so different then the jersey shade of purple.

Im a Jags fan and was pleased with the uniforms when they were introduced. I was pissed at first with the helmet and still think it should be all matte black. The helmet has grown on me and I dont hate it. I do understand the people that do though. My favorite part of the uniform is the pants. I dont really like how the big numbers have 2 outlines then the shoulder numbers have 1. The NOB has no outline.

I will take this set over the previous set everyday of the week though.

The Bears are probably wearing white cleats because Trestman read somewhere that white footwear makes people feel more contemplative, which will make them better football players. Also, synergy. Also, cocks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also, cocks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The helmet has a yellow tint to it compared to the jersey and pants.

Not really. Just the lighting and different materials. Watch an away Nebraska or Wisconsin game at night, and you'll see the same problem.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Saw highlights of the Vikings game on ESPN News a few moments. The midfield Viking head logo looks pretty cool with purple accent marks instead of black. Wonder why they only chose to use that version of the logo on the playing field. IMO its looks better than the black accented primary logo. Can't find any clear photos, but here's a video link.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9555581

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Saw highlights of the Vikings game on ESPN News a few moments. The midfield Viking head logo looks pretty cool with purple accent marks instead of black. Wonder why they only chose to use that version of the logo on the playing field. IMO its looks better than the black accented primary logo. Can't find any clear photos, but here's a video link.

They've always done that at midfield... less colors to paint, I guess.

They've always done that at midfield... less colors to paint, I guess.

I wanna say each individual color is sewed into the turf as well. I know I've played on some fields where the end zones were all stitched by color/shape, I figured that was always painted.

They presented it as "a jaguar leaping out of the shadows", and it took all of five seconds for everyone to point out that the jaguar head was actually pointed out of the light, and headed into the dark. That's how stupid this design is.

Well, if anyone wants to take it that literal, we might have to wonder where the rest of his body went.

Also, cocks.

What?

------

The "Bears have returned to white cleats" thing is a bit of a misnomer. I think they just don't care what the players wear. Half the cleats are multi-colored. From left to right you have black/white, navy/orange, and white (unless the tape job is covering up a similar half black/white cleat).

tumblr_mrbyv9Ldzz1r7lvf8o1_1280.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived