2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only seen two photos of the Jags game so far and...I...

I kind of...like the uniforms...

:Oo:

They're nice. They'll keep growing on you. But those helmets? Make take a year or 20 for them to grow on me.

You mean that the helmet will still look awful 10,000 years from now.

Ok, excuse me in advance. I don't care who reads this. I just need a medium to vent for a bit.

Goodness gracious, am I angry. I can't keep trying to find shirt linings in these uniforms just because they're my team. While I already was pessimistic about the helmet, Ican now say that I am legitimately embarrassed by these the team I love's uniforms. The helmets are as we established: disgusting and don't belong on a professional football team. However, I was very surprised at how non-offensive it turned out to be compared to the rest of this incoherent monstrosity. The jerseys are admittedly ok (aside from how poorly the design complements the qb cut), but the real offender is the pants. Not only is the monoblack look even worse than I imagined, but that stripe on the side is just atrocious. The sheer width, the fact that it's only a gauche block of teal (that looks so weird placed next to the bright sleeves), and even that little short of white, which isn't even a team color, that just looks so out of place next to the rest of a uniform where white is used only for scripts. It destroys an otherwise mear medium-offensive uniform. The only thing short of a complete rework that could save this look is the white pants which, while less offensive, will probably seldom see the light of day next to the black jerseys.The worst part is that I'm so angry at how far out of whack the pants throw this look that I'm now finally making myself conscious to the smaller problems I was blocking out before. The gold neck-things look stupid. The "chrome" is stupid and makes zero sense. I used to be ok with the "Jags" nickname being used in the logoage, but now I agree that it's stupid, as even my little sister walked in and said that it looked kinda unprofessional. It looks stupid that they couldn't even give just one outline on the NOB when there's at least one on the TV numbers and an entire two on the big numbers. It looks gross I want our old aesthetic back. The look of the mid-2000s where teal, black, and gold shined together rather than conflicting each other. Too bad we'll have to wait at least 5 years and beyond for Nike to realize their mistakes and to give us a Vikings-style makeover (speaking of Vikings, they sure got the square deal of this new uni madness to the point that we now have the term "Vikings-style makeover" to describe a good kind of uni work).

I'm sorry for the rant, it's just that this travesty finally melted the homer goggles off of my face and I have come to my senses. You may now return to your regularly scheduled Sportslogoing.

RIP Florida football uniforms. Bucs don't have enough juice to save you.

1009833_10151705072603666_1357826929_n.j

The phins look good, just wish it had a bit more orange but I love the whites. The jaguars on the other hand, look like crap with the 1/2 helmet look. Should be gold and silver if they want to do that. Atleast it may blend into one color and look like their original Helmet a bit.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

20130809_kkt_aj5_112.0_standard_709.0.jp

those are jizz worthy

and I actually like the Dolphins uniforms, could be improvements, but I still like them. Some of them take time to grow on you. I hated the Seahawks last year, but the more and more I watched them in action the more I liked them.

So, everyone who said "Those Jaguars helmets will be better-made and look a lot nicer once it's time for live game action..."

*points, laughs*

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1. Did anyone see this or am I a few pages too late?

http://pro32.ap.org/article/nfl-wont-let-mathis-wear-special-face-mask

2. Anyone involved in this current Jaguars look should be shot.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived