2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean like this?

browns______zps054df01f.png

Yeah, that's nice.

Although it also bothers me that the outline is curved and the stripes are cut off on a sharp diagonal. Feel like fixing that, too? ;)

Untitledbrownsssss_zps01a2e29e.png

The dark brown they use is a little too dark for my tastes so I also lightened the Brown a tad.

Don't know if I am a fan of that "C" since it's the same one as the Indians
Which is exactly why I used it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You mean like this?

Yeah, that's nice.

Although it also bothers me that the outline is curved and the stripes are cut off on a sharp diagonal. Feel like fixing that, too? ;)

The dark brown they use is a little too dark for my tastes so I also lightened the Brown a tad.

Winner, winner...Roasted+Chicken+Dinner.jpg

Now you're talking - that's nice. Not entirely sold on the lighter brown, but willing to run with it.

The only thing I'd change is the white border between the stripes and brown outline - too thick. I'd make it the same width as the white keyline around the "C". But you're damn near perfect now.

Interesting bit in this FastCompany article on Nike's redesign of the NFL:

"Nike is now working with more franchises that are considering changes, including the Cleveland Browns, one of the league's oldest teams--and, with those unadorned orange helmets, also one of its most visually staid."

http://www.fastcompany.com/3014815/inside-nikes-redesign-of-nfl-uniforms

I might be crucified for this, but I love the Browns look.

If the Browns decide to slap a logo on that helmet, it will be hugely popular, kinda along the lines of this:

14825448.jpg

While we're at it, a modernization of the Mona Lisa is way overdue:

Mona-Lisa-Duckface-1.jpg

I'm glad we're keeping things in perspective.

Okay, point taken with regard to my bringing the famous painting into it, :P but I'll stick by my point in comparing a logo on the Browns helmets to the fiasco the 49ers experienced in the 90s. The logo-less helmet "is" the Browns, and to change that would be change for the sake of change, and a mistake.

but I'll stick by my point in comparing a logo on the Browns helmets to the fiasco the 49ers experienced in the 90s. The logo-less helmet "is" the Browns, and to change that would be change for the sake of change, and a mistake.

Yes, yes and yes.

Very well said!

You mean like this?

Yeah, that's nice.

Winner, winner...Roasted+Chicken+Dinner.jpg

Are those collard greens?

I would definitely bring back the orange pants. If they keep it traditional I've always supported the "consistent striping" approach. If they wanted a modern approach they could do something similar to Oklahoma State or the Vikings. Less stripes, but add modern accents.

The Browns overall identity is really bland and tired. Yes, I know it's a classic look, but they need to at least try something updated with that look. if the Giants, Packers, Lions, Colts, Cardinals, Steelers, Eagles, Redskins and other classic franchises from that era all can tweak to varying degrees, so can the Browns. I mean, it's not exactly like you'd be messing with a winning pedigree.

I really think they blew it out of the gate in 1999. Really should've done a Winnipeg Jets 2.0 and came out with something a little more modern, maybe a helmet logo, or a distinct pattern on the uniform, etc. An attempt at something different would've been nice.

I don't like the new Dolphins logo, too bland for me, so I spent some time working on a better update than what I was going to originally go with in my NFL Re-Design project. I also took the current/new aqua color because I think it's really good. I took the blue they switched to and made it a little darker, and I took the old orange they had previously and lightened it up just a bit.

DolphinsPrimary.png

I don't like the new Dolphins logo, too bland for me, so I spent some time working on a better update than what I was going to originally go with in my NFL Re-Design project. I also took the current/new aqua color because I think it's really good. I took the blue they switched to and made it a little darker, and I took the old orange they had previously and lightened it up just a bit.

DolphinsPrimary.png

Wow that's great. I like their new logo, but I wouldn't have a problem if they switched to this one instead. Great job.

DolphinsPrimary.png

Wow that's great. I like their new logo, but I wouldn't have a problem if they switched to this one instead. Great job.
Slap a helmet on him and call it a day

DolphinsPrimary.png

Outstanding.

I wonder if someone could offer me some advice...I think it's time to replace my 3 authentic RBK Bucs Talib jerseys (anyone want to buy them?? HAHA) Now that the Bucs finally have some talent on both sides of the ball (19, 22, 83, 93, 23, 24)and Nike has had a year of NFL and tweaking.

Did the Bucs change from last year to this? I heard they dropped the toilet collar.

How do the authentics fit in relation to RBK? I heard they are tighter. Would I order the same size?

Will there be yet another "tweak" (or redesign because someone posted that they were going to redesign, but backed out at the last minute) for them next season? I usually play it safe with jerseys and I don't feel like getting burned with a player or redesign again anytime soon.

Do the throwbacks have the screen print on the authentics? The on-fields are screen printed, but the authentic RBK had twill.

Is it even worth going authentic anymore?

Thanks for the help!

KISSwall09.jpg

If you do go authentic, get your own name on it. (Of course, I only have one authentic Bucs jersey left...just my luck my last name also happens to be the same as the franchise's all-time leading tackler. ;) )

Also...what in the world convinced you to get a Talib jersey, let alone three??? Heh..at any rate, see if you can find a shop that will re-letter the NOB for you if you wanna keep them.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived