• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 walkerws

walkerws

• Members
  • 5,978 posts

• Favourite Logos:Kent State, Columbus Crew, Columbus Blue Jackets primary

Posted February 7, 2013 - 11:31

Erin Andrews posted this promo picture for next year that has logo on it and she works for FOX so I assume it's legit. It's not letting me put it on here so its just a link to her tweet of it. Not a spam link
https://twitter.com/...495585353347072

Posted Image

So if it's Super Bowl 48, why is there a 34 on the chest of the robot?

He's always been #34. Even when done in the NFL teams colors.

#42 tohasbo

tohasbo

• Members
  • 2,112 posts

Posted February 7, 2013 - 12:44

Too bad the NFL doesn't do the Super Bowl logo anymore cause I would've bet you anything that the logo was going to look like Broadway since the game is in New York.

Posted Image

Close enough.

True and the WrestleMania 29 logo would've been a perfect SB logo just replace WrestleMania with SuperBowl.

Word.

Posted Image

I think WrestleMania 29 has probably the best logo yet for a WrestleMania, if only instead of "NY/NJ" it said "XXIX". That's my only beef with it.

Same here and I thought that's was the alternate logo and that the real logo either have 29 or XXIX

EDIT: Nevermind

#43 zigbazah

zigbazah

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted February 7, 2013 - 19:54

Personally, I really like these two fan designs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 dbadefense1990

dbadefense1990
  • I'm dead, inside and out; I'm still dead

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

• Favourite Logos:All NBA Playoffs and Finals logos, late 1980s-early 2000s.

Posted February 8, 2013 - 11:41

Posted Image

This could have been perfect! According to the logo's backstory, this was an ode to the Radio City facade. Oh how I wish this was it.

#45 1990hornet

1990hornet
  • Rays Republic member

• Members
  • 786 posts

• Favourite Logos:Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Colorado Rockies

Posted February 16, 2013 - 22:58

Posted Image

#46 kajeet

kajeet
  • BASED.

• Members
  • 558 posts

• Favourite Logos:NFL:Original Ravens and Seahawks,New York Giants script logo,Houston Oilers MLB:Cartoon Oriole

Posted February 16, 2013 - 23:53

Is this what we will be possibly getting with the way the backdrop is and all.
Posted Image

#47 Coast2CoastAM2006

Coast2CoastAM2006
  • The new mascot of the New York Mets

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

• Favourite Logos:Islanders Fisherman

Posted February 17, 2013 - 11:45

Posted Image

yes.

That wrestlemania logo is pretty sweet. The best one for WM in a long time.

Islanders96.png

"I walked away from the Last Great Time War, I marked the passing of the Timelords, I saw the birth of the universe and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment until nothing remained -- no time, no space, just ME! I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a mad man! And I watched universes freeze and creations burn, I have seen things you wouldn't believe, I have lost things you will never understand! And I know things, secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never be spoken! Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze! So come on then! Take it! Take it all baby! Have it! You have it all!"

#48 Lee Noire

Lee Noire

• Members
  • 941 posts

• Favourite Logos:Dallas Cowboys Primary
      San Diego Clippers Primary

Posted February 17, 2013 - 13:42

WM logos for the most part haven't been spectacular anyway but this one is great. It is also worth mentioning in the early years of WM a standardized logo was used like the Super Bowl does now.

#49 29texan

29texan

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 19:08

Posted Image

The more I see it, the more it pisses me off.

(Not your particular photoshop... I mean the fact that this logo system is still around)

140khld.jpg

2hrhp3q.jpg

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#50 kajeet

kajeet
  • BASED.

• Members
  • 558 posts

• Favourite Logos:NFL:Original Ravens and Seahawks,New York Giants script logo,Houston Oilers MLB:Cartoon Oriole

Posted February 17, 2013 - 19:52

Posted Image

(Not your particular photoshop... I mean the fact that this logo system is still around)

I found it on Google but about the logo system, if this is still around in about 10-15 years and they hold it at a venue twice, it's going to look exactly the same on merchandise. If anything the current system cheapens everything.

#51 29texan

29texan

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 20:42

Posted Image

I found it on Google but about the logo system, if this is still around in about 10-15 years and they hold it at a venue twice, it's going to look exactly the same on merchandise. If anything the current system cheapens everything.

Oh trust me, that wont happen. The people running the NFL aren't dumb... just greedy. I still wont bet on this system being around too much longer.

140khld.jpg

2hrhp3q.jpg

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#52 ram29jackson

ram29jackson

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 22:42

Posted Image

#53 BringBackTheVet

BringBackTheVet
  • 35 - 0, 29 KO

• Members
  • 18,726 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 23:08

I really don't get the hate for the "logo system". While I'm not sold on the actual design, I totally understand the desire to stress the title rather than the venue. The NBA does it, the NHL does it, and while I get that the NFL is different because it's known in advance where the game will be played and it's a neutral site, I think that the consistency of knowing that you're playing for the right to wear that silver patch on your jersey every year is a good thing.

I understand we're a bunch of logo / design / art / marketing / etc. fans on this board, and I totally understand why people love the unique site-specific logos (including the anticipation of their release, the critiquing of them, the concepts, etc.) but I also think that it makes a lot of sense from the NFL's perspective to standardize things.

It's one of those things where I really don't think it's wrong to do it one way vs doing it the other. Frankly, I'm in favor of standardizing, but there's pros and cons to each. I can understand loving the old way or loving the new way, but I can't understand hating either way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

#54 Greg_Fryman

Greg_Fryman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 13:07

I really don't get the hate for the "logo system". While I'm not sold on the actual design, I totally understand the desire to stress the title rather than the venue. The NBA does it, the NHL does it, and while I get that the NFL is different because it's known in advance where the game will be played and it's a neutral site, I think that the consistency of knowing that you're playing for the right to wear that silver patch on your jersey every year is a good thing.

I understand we're a bunch of logo / design / art / marketing / etc. fans on this board, and I totally understand why people love the unique site-specific logos (including the anticipation of their release, the critiquing of them, the concepts, etc.) but I also think that it makes a lot of sense from the NFL's perspective to standardize things.

It's one of those things where I really don't think it's wrong to do it one way vs doing it the other. Frankly, I'm in favor of standardizing, but there's pros and cons to each. I can understand loving the old way or loving the new way, but I can't understand hating either way.

Pure brilliance.... Couldn't agree more.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

#55 Pizzaman7294

Pizzaman7294

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 15:21

The thing that ticks me off is when I see things like this:
Posted Image\Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#56 zigbazah

zigbazah

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 15:33

Very good point. As long as they keep a unique secondary logo, I can live with the standardized primary.

#57 Jose D.

Jose D.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 16:50

the WM XXX logo for new orleansPosted Image

#58 scraw28

scraw28

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 16:59

Posted Image

This could have been perfect! According to the logo's backstory, this was an ode to the Radio City facade. Oh how I wish this was it.

all we need is someone to create the previous three super bowl mock logos and we can pretend this logo system never existed

Posted Image

Posted Image