2014 NBA All Star Logo New Orleans

CrazyTex00

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Orleans has become the new Florida for big sports events. It's getting old. First the Super Bowl, Wrestlemania, now the NBA All-Star Game.

Whatever happened to places like Minnesota or Washington? What's up with this?

No one wants to be in Minnesota or Washington in early February...?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Obviously without color or a high-res image it's not exactly the most appealing to the eye. The fleur-de-lis is jagged and I guess supposed to blend into the basketball shape, but eh.

In regards to where it's being hosted, this is no surprise. There's a good reason New Orleans gets selected as a venue for hosting sports stuff: Proximity of venues to hotels, restaurants, etc. is hard to top.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In the case of the NBA, it really is that nobody bids. That's why Houston just hosted again, and now New Orleans. Even Chicago hasn't hosted it in the United Center, and it's been open since 1994 and still is considered a top venue in the league. It's more of a Super Bowl rotation than an MLB All-Star Game rotation.

Also, many owners don't bid because they can't use All-Star Game tickets as a season-ticket holder perk like baseball does. The NBA controls too many seats to allow it. That's why the Mavericks hosted theirs in Cowboys Stadium. Cuban said he wouldn't do it unless his STHs could go. So there's that...

In the case of the NBA, it really is that nobody bids. That's why Houston just hosted again, and now New Orleans. Even Chicago hasn't hosted it in the United Center, and it's been open since 1994 and still is considered a top venue in the league. It's more of a Super Bowl rotation than an MLB All-Star Game rotation.

Also, many owners don't bid because they can't use All-Star Game tickets as a season-ticket holder perk like baseball does. The NBA controls too many seats to allow it. That's why the Mavericks hosted theirs in Cowboys Stadium. Cuban said he wouldn't do it unless his STHs could go. So there's that...

Right. When the Flyers owned the Sixers, Ed Snider vowed never to ever try to host the event again after dealing with the league and having to deny tickets to season ticket holders and deal with all the other stuff that comes along with the game. Even though the Sixers have new ownership, the Flyers still run the arena and control what gets booked there, so I doubt Philadelphia will be bidding any time soon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

New Orleans has become the new Florida for big sports events. It's getting old. First the Super Bowl, Wrestlemania, now the NBA All-Star Game.

Whatever happened to places like Minnesota or Washington? What's up with this?

Don't forget BCS National Championship and Final Four.

mcbqza.jpg

Hosting big parties and events is what we do best. Not just the sporting events mentioned, but also the Sugar Bowl every year, Mardi Gras, Jazz and Heritage Festival, Essence Fest, Voodoo Fest (all every year), concerts, papal visits, and tons of conventions.

It is what it is.

Hosting big parties and events is what we do best. Not just the sporting events mentioned, but also the Sugar Bowl every year, Mardi Gras, Jazz and Heritage Festival, Essence Fest, Voodoo Fest (all every year), concerts, papal visits, and tons of conventions.

I read this in a really loud voice.

That said, you're right; we do. BTW, you forgot the New Orleans Bowl. Isn't NOLA the only city that hosts 2 college football bowl games annually?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

That said, you're right; we do. BTW, you forgot the New Orleans Bowl. Isn't NOLA the only city that hosts 2 college football bowl games annually?

Not a bowl game, but Atlanta does the SEC Championship and the Peach Bowl in addition to the Chick-fil-a Kickoff games at the beginning of the season. They are in the running for the rotating championship site as well.

No. Orlando hosts the Russell Athletic Bowl (Tangerine Bowl) and Capital One Bowl (Citrus Bowl)

Although I don't like to put Dallas and Fort Worth together, I guess you could say DFW does as well:

- Dallas (Heart of Dallas Bowl)

- Fort Worth (Armed Forces Bowl)

- Arlington (Cotton Bowl Classic)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

In regards to where it's being hosted, this is no surprise. There's a good reason New Orleans gets selected as a venue for hosting sports stuff: Proximity of venues to hotels, restaurants, etc. is hard to top.

And when CS says "etc.", he of course means "whores".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived