Bowl Game End Zones

Yac12

One thing I like about the NCAA Bowl season is looking at how each bowl does their end zones. I like when a bowl game does the end zones like how the schools have them at home.

How should bowl games do them?

One thing I like about the NCAA Bowl season is looking at how each bowl does their end zones. I like when a bowl game does the end zones like how the schools have them at home.

How should bowl games do them?

how the school does them, but i do like how the side lines are school colors at the rose bowl

It depends. Some teams "home" end zones are bad. I do however like when endzones are done in team colors, or even done in the theme of the bowl. What I hate is the lack of creativity created by using an NFL stadium, ala San Diego. The cool thing that San Diego use to do for the Holiday Bowl (if I remember correctly) is to do school names in the end zone in the style of the Chargers with the line going through the name.

I think the Holiday Bowl did that one time. I always remembered the end zones being painted to match the bowl logo colors. I like the end zones that had a team logo and then word mark with the primary team color as the backdrop of the end zone, similar to Texas' end zone at this year's Alamo Bowl.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It depends. Some teams "home" end zones are bad. I do however like when endzones are done in team colors, or even done in the theme of the bowl. What I hate is the lack of creativity created by using an NFL stadium, ala San Diego. The cool thing that San Diego use to do for the Holiday Bowl (if I remember correctly) is to do school names in the end zone in the style of the Chargers with the line going through the name.

Photos from 2005. Couldn't find a photo of what you were talking about

mqdefault.jpg

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I know what he means. They did it for the Poinsettia Bowl also, along with San Diego State's games.

They use the existing Chargers "San Diego" word mark and color it with school colors rather than the Chargers. SDSU has a black background with a red stripe through the white San Diego. NIU's end zone was like that, and Utah State's was blue with a gray stripe I believe.

I'll be at the Holiday Bowl on Monday, so I'll take pictures. I'd expect it to be Maroon with a gold stripe for ASU and Black with a red stripe for Texas Tech. (Although the Chargers play at home on Sunday, so who knows what they do.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I hate it. Its too hard to tell the difference of what is end zone and what is out of bounds. It should really be a contrasting color. A four inch wide white line separating them doesn't cut it.

Is it that much different from when a team has a mostly "blank" green end zone that matches the color of the out of bounds areas?

I hate it. Its too hard to tell the difference of what is end zone and what is out of bounds. It should really be a contrasting color. A four inch wide white line separating them doesn't cut it.

Is it that much different from when a team has a mostly "blank" green end zone that matches the color of the out of bounds areas?

I don't like that either. The NFL has it right with the big white border.

iq5b7nF.png

I have to honestly admit that I was wrong, and it does happen. I thought a few times that the Holiday Bowl did end zones in school colors, but they've always been either San Diego Charger colors or red in place of the yellow. I'm wrong! *lol*

I have to honestly admit that I was wrong, and it does happen. I thought a few times that the Holiday Bowl did end zones in school colors, but they've always been either San Diego Charger colors or red in place of the yellow. I'm wrong! *lol*

Um I thought they painted them in school colors last night?? Granted the teams made it easy but still.

Archived