Brewers Sunday Home Unis

Sec19Row53

This from jsonline.com (at least we have teh date for the unveiling):

MONDAY, Nov. 21, 2005, 9:01 a.m.

Brewers announce 'Winter Warm-Up' event

"Winter Warm-Up," a new Milwaukee Brewers' promotional event featuring a series of panel discussions involving present and former players, coaches and management, will be held Dec. 1 at Miller Park's .300 Club, the ballclub announced today.

The event will be broadcast live on Fox Sports North from 7-8 p.m, and on WTMJ-AM (radio 620) from 6-8 p.m. Brewers broadcasters Daron Sutton and Bill Schroeder will host the telecast, while Jim Powell will host on radio.

In addition to the panel discussions, the show will feature the debut of the team's new Sunday home uniforms.

"The Winter Warm-Up gives us a unique opportunity to connect with the fans in the off-season and unveil the new alternate uniform to an audience throughout Wisconsin," said Rick Schlesinger, the team's executive vice president for business operations. "It will also allow fans to hear about developments related to the club as we continue to build on the momentum created by the exciting close to the 2005 season."

Among those scheduled to appear are General Manager Doug Melvin; Gord Ash, assistant general manager; Bob Uecker; Manager Ned Yost; Robin Yount; and third-base coach Dale Sveum. Current Brewers expected to appear include Bill Hall; Damian Miller; Lyle Overbay; Derrick Turnbow; and Matt Wise. Former Brewers Jerry Augustine, Jim Gantner, Larry Hisle and Gorman Thomas also are expected to appear.

The event is not open to the general public.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. And I suspect that if the sales are strong enough, they will be soon.

And then my worst nightmare will have come true, if they're going to be as wretched as I fear they will be.

QPR%20Sig.png

I agree.  And I suspect that if the sales are strong enough, they will be soon.

Why? Would people suddenly buy it more if it became the home rather then the alt?

I think the point is that with these making a slight comeback (to once per week -- they're not currently even an alt), they'll be more easily available for purchase. If they outsell the regular version, they'd be brought back full time.

It's where I sit.

Why? Would people suddenly buy it more if it became the home rather then the alt?

It's not just the jerseys that they'd sell more of if the throwbacks went from the alt to the primary - it's everything else. It's caps, jackets, patches, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pennants, and everything else that has the current logo on it.

I believe that the new Brewers owner is using this alt as an opportunity to test the waters before diving in. Using this logo as an alternate will open up lots of merchandise not part of the Cooperstown Collection line and therefore not currently available to customers with the old logo.

If this stuff sells as well as the Cooperstown Collection merchandise does, then I expect him to make the switch full-time.

The interesting thing is that it's a Sunday HOME alt, so you won't see it elsewhere. That's a shame; it would be interesting if they at least wore it to St. Louis in honor of the '82 series or to whereever they're playing in interleague games.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

And then my worst nightmare will have come true, if they're going to be as wretched as I fear they will be.

I'm with you.

Same here... DEATH TO THE.... oh never mind.... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Over at Brewerfan.net, a poster who has spoken with someone at the Brewers Clubhouse Store is confirming that the new uniform will have pinstripes.

Pretty much what we've heard already, but just another bit of news as we get close to the unveiling on Thursday.

Why are some of you so against the "ball and glove" logo. I dont see the problem with it. I honestly think its one of the more creative and original logos around. It ties the team name, city name, and sport all together and actually makes sense.

Yes, it's creative but it's also dated and what they have now is much better. Plus, the uniforms they wore with the ball and glove make it worse. The current have a better color scheme (IMO), The scripts and uniform are better, and the logo is better and fits better with the team name (The Brewers). While the ball and glove was creative it was generic and didn't really fit with the team.

I think the popularity of the ball and glove has more to do with nostalgia for the past and nothing to do with the actual look. There might be a brief spike after the introduce them because of that but it will drop when it gets away with that association.

The interesting thing is that it's a Sunday HOME alt, so you won't see it elsewhere. That's a shame; it would be interesting if they at least wore it to St. Louis in honor of the '82 series or to whereever they're playing in interleague games.

They do play the Cards like 16 or so times a year now (they are both in the NL Central now), so they will wear the alts against them once in '06: the Sunday home game on June 11.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived