Picture of Mets new Stadium

NJTank

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is it going to be built?

Groundbreaking for the estimated $609 million project is planned for this summer in the parking lot behind Shea's outfield picnic area.

... or perhaps Siberia....

I saw, I came, I left.

You know...I'm not picking at the Mets but every sports team in general...I know they need good places to play and entertain but come on. People need places to live. I think our priorities are screwed up.

Look @ the N.O. they fixed they're football stadium before they did any work on their school systems and housing.

How about donating some of that $609,000,000 to low-income housing or public school.

You know...I'm not picking at the Mets but every sports team in general...I know they need good places to play and entertain but come on. People need places to live. I think our priorities are screwed up.

Look @ the N.O. they fixed they're football stadium before they did any work on their school systems and housing.

How about donating some of that $609,000,000 to low-income housing or public school.

This isn't like the City of New York is paying for the new stadium it is the Mets paying for it themselves. They are buillding it in the hsea parking lot which really in the middle of nowehere in queens as the stadium and parking lot is surrounding by scrap metal junk yards. They aren't displacing anyone and it's not osting the city any money. In that case I have no problem with what the Mets are doing they are a buisness and they are doing something to increase profits. There is nothing wrong with that.

They aren't displacing anyone and it's not osting the city any money. In that case I have no problem with what the Mets are doing they are a buisness and they are doing something to increase profits. There is nothing wrong with that.

I never said they were displacing anyone but that money could go to something better then a multi-million dollar stadium.

They aren't displacing anyone and it's not osting the city any money. In that case I have no problem with what the Mets are doing they are a buisness and they are doing something to increase profits. There is nothing wrong with that.

I never said they were displacing anyone but that money could go to something better then a multi-million dollar stadium.

Yes, there are tax breaks for the ballclubs (as the article I'm going to linc talks about the Mets and Yankees), but who are you to tell two companies how to spend their money? Read this specific sentance from this article:

"The bonds will be repaid by the teams."

There you go. Not public money, a companies money. It's no different than if Trump decided to build a skyscraper, and asked for, and recieved a tax break. How is that any different? And how many people can enjoy Trump's buildings compared to a ballpark?

Moose

From your article, "The stadium projects will also benefit from millions of dollars in tax exemptions and direct city and state contributions for construction of infrastructure."

There you have it. And who's to say they're going to replace the 22 Acre park or they'll pay the city back. But who's to say they won't.

And yes it'll bring more jobs, but where will those people live?

Archived