Steelers unveil new uniform today.

SoxSteeler

Its 5am right now but i just caught an article from the post gazette in Pittsburgh with this blurb at the end.

NOTES --The Steelers plan to unveil a new uniform today that they will wear for one game this fall as part of their 75th Season celebration.

The link for the article is here: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07117/781485-66.stm

We've discussed this some in the 75th anniversary thread but I thought i'd make a new topic so that no one misses it. Pics later I guess.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, looks like we're not getting a '33 throwback - sounds like something along the lines of the "hybrid" faux-throwback the Skins did for their 70th.

Throwback uniforms that represent the look of the 1940s, '50s and '60s will be worn by the team during two home games ? September 16 vs. Buffalo and November 5 vs. Baltimore. Steelers Super Bowl XL MVP Hines Ward modeled the uniform today during the press conference.

EDIT: Since everyone posted in the same 2 minutes I did, I now see the throwback they'll use. Absolute junk. If I wanted that jersey, I'd buy it for $15 on eBay from a bootlegger in Hong Kong.

Also, Bill Cowher has made the seamless transition from head coach to team mascot.

75thyr_Mascot_75927.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think bucco_b deserves a pat on the back, right? Didn't he "break" this story for us?

At first glance, I thought that jersey was horrific. Now I think it's so ugly that it's good. Consider me pleased. Does it go with yellow or white pants?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Steelers 75th Anniversary Throwback Jersey

Hines_Front_75929.jpgBen_Back_75930.jpg

Steelers 75th Anniversary Throwback Helmet

Helmet_75931.jpg

Very nice.

Those jersey's rule, I really hope they make a Ernie Stautner or Bobby Layne version of it since that was the style of jersey they wore.

I like the Northwestern sock striping, and that's all I've got in the way of positives for this.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ummmm...I'll reserve judgement til I see them on the field.

Btw, between the Steelers and Eagles throwback jerseys, why the hell aren't the jerseys available for sale now, rather than September? Argh!

Two words: Ug-ly

Steelers 75th Anniversary Throwback Jersey

Hines_Front_75929.jpgBen_Back_75930.jpg

Steelers 75th Anniversary Throwback Helmet

Helmet_75931.jpg

Very nice.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07117/781555-100.stm

In the photo from the paper, Hines has the patch on the opposite side (not where the Steeler patch is) than on some of the images posted here.

As for the mascot....how can we have a Pittsburgh mascot of a guy that 1) doesn't have a mullet 2) doesn't wear a Greg Lloyd jersey 3) isn't in skin tight stone washed jeans.

As for the uniform....faux-backs are worse than throwbacks. It's like here's a helmet that would look like this today, but we would have worn 40 years ago. It doesn't make sense. Also, they "updated" the helmet, but stupid teams today (Colts, Browns, Cards) can't update theirs.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived