Onyx

Black Eyed Peas

Flipsyde

Dipset

Jurassic 5

Mike Jones

Swishahouse Records

A Tribe Called Quest

The colors for this concept are pretty much from the album covers in De La's early days. Also, I don't know if I will continue to do these massively long write ups, I've been dead tired lately.

Primary uniforms:

DLSprimariesfinished.png

Home alternate uniform:

DLSalternatefinal.png

-E.A.R.

First Tribe, and now De La... you're FINALLY hittin' up my area of b-boy expertise lol

These say 1987-1991 De La to me more than anything... which is cool. But their image and content has changed a lot since their "hip hop hippie" days. So my suggestion would be to first swap out the home for the alt. Then dead the alt (the pink one) and do a jersey that reflect their current, rougher, more in-your-face content. Peep The Grind Date album cover for inspiration.

But you lose maaaad points for using their governments on these jerseys instead of Plug 1, Plug 2 and Plug 3.

First Tribe, and now De La... you're FINALLY hittin' up my area of b-boy expertise lol

These say 1987-1991 De La to me more than anything... which is cool. But their image and content has changed a lot since their "hip hop hippie" days. So my suggestion would be to first swap out the home for the alt. Then dead the alt (the pink one) and do a jersey that reflect their current, rougher, more in-your-face content. Peep The Grind Date album cover for inspiration.

But you lose maaaad points for using their governments on these jerseys instead of Plug 1, Plug 2 and Plug 3.

Awww Man I LOV(ED) THE SOUL!! DE LA THAT IS!!- haha

Any way, illwauk, I tought de la being "hip hop Hippies" was pure plug bull- haha

So, back to the concept, I like this alot, very cool, looks like an old de la album.

But an alt with a style from the new de la soul look good (mabe base it off of the album "Art Offical Intelegence".)

And insted of plug 1 2 & 3 maby put ther "de la" names

plug one- put "pos" on the name plate with the number 1

plug two- put "dove" on the name plate with number 2

Plug 3- put " MASE" on the name plate with number 3

OK, hope this helped!

guess you took my advice from your mikejones post

i woulda did swisha house before mike jones

do some real hip hop not that new stuff

how bout a tribe called quest or epmd or de la soul, WU TANGGGGGGGGG

cant wait fro that wu tang B)

ATL

guess you took my advice from your mikejones post

i woulda did swisha house before mike jones

do some real hip hop not that new stuff

how bout a tribe called quest or epmd or de la soul, WU TANGGGGGGGGG

cant wait fro that wu tang B)

It was all just a matter of time, Mike. :DB)

-E.A.R.

YES! The are absolutely awesome man. This colour scheme is just so good, I love the crest. Besides for the grey pants, this is just perfect.

The pants are actually a light shade of blue taken from the cover of one of their singles: Me, Myself, and I.

DLSMeMyselfAndI.png

Not that it really matters, I suppose, but why does the sleeve/shoulder striping continue on the inside back of the jersey.

It doesn't. That is the sleeve/shoulder striping from the back of the jersey. I think in many jerseys in hockey (NHL, whatever league, etc.) you can see it go through that portion of the jersey. Here's a quick little write up of some of my thoughts.

Name and numbers are yellow, outlined in black. Collars are in a black/yellow/black pattern and the jersey is clad in wavy striping. The striping goes black/yellow/black/green/black/white/black/blue/black/white/black/pink/black/yellow. Trust me, it reads thicker than it is, but the black is used as an accent color to separate all the stripes and it is also the thinnest of the stripes by far. Domes are pink, gloves are pink, yellow, blue, and green, pants are blue, and socks are pink and yellow with the wavy striping pattern.

The aways: Colors are switched around to highlight white as the main color.

The alternate home: Colors are switched around to highlight yellow as the main color.

Miscellaneous: David Jude Jolicoeur was born in 1968, Posdnuous (Kevin Mercer) was born in 1969. Be mature, please, no "OMG u Sed 69 Rappppsspsppsp LOLOLOMGZZZZZ!!!!1oneone. Vincent "Mase" Mason was born in 1970. So those are the numbers and why they are used.

I thought about using their plugs too, illwauk, however, the only concept where the name of the rapper instead of the birth name is used is Stones Throw Records. Perhaps I'll go back and change 'em on this one, since that would only make two teams in the HHHL to not have government names on the unis.

-E.A.R.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at my Florida Panthers away (white) replica jersey, and the yellow stripe on the shoulders doesn't go through the back. I don't know if I will change this for the HHHL, as that has made some of the concepts that much more unique.

-E.A.R. (x2)

Hey, they had me myself and i in NBA street V3. Am I right? Yes, I am. A good song, in one of my favorite games ever. Hey nice job on the jerseys too. Bringing something...different to the table. But different is good. Not often you get to see pink jerseys lol.

Nice job tho.

illwauk said that it's basically 80s-early 90s version of De La Soul, and if you were going for that, then you have hit perfection. :P

Can't wait to see what you do for Wu-Tang, and maybe even the Hieroglyphics.

hahaha...these work. maybe some little things could be tweaked, like the stripe on the bottom would come to a point on each side where the front stripes meet the back. These are more about ideas than anything, so little things can be wierd here and there and I will still respect it. I wish you went wth a different number font and nameplate font, and i hope you go back and change the names from their Govs, it doesn't feel right. nice work and keep it coming....D12.....

Archived