Illinois-Chicago Football

sc49erfan15

I'd like to begin this post by once again plugging for comments on my UMBC football concept, which only got two replies.

Also, as per request by one of those two replies in the UMBC concept, I present links to the previous 41 schools in the project - I've been working on this off and on for about two and a half years. Here they are: Winthrop, Vermont, Creighton, Marquette, Gonzaga, Charlotte, Seton Hall, Wichita State, George Mason, Bradley, UNC-Wilmington, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, South Alabama, Pacific, Bradley, Xavier, Loyola Marymount, St. Joseph's, DePaul, St. John's, Pepperdine, Providence, Alaska-Anchorage, Portland, Charleston, UNC-Asheville, Drexel, Santa Clara,Old Dominion, Long Beach State, Denver, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Irvine, New Orleans, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, VCU, Saint Louis, San Francisco, George Washington, Belmont, and finally UMBC.

And finally, concept number 42, the Flames of the University of Illinois-Chicago:

UICFootball.png

-The first thing you're going to notice here is the helmet. I had to alter the logo a little to make it work, but what do you guys think? It's sort of USFL Michigan Panthers + WFL Chicago Fire + NFL Philadelphia Eagles. I even considered adding the "UIC" wordmark to the front bumper ala Dartmouth or the Birmingham Bolts but refrained. What do you guys think?

-Jerseys are rather straightforward. I played mostly off the Flames' basketball jersey, with the heavy use of red over blue. I mean, they ARE the Flames, right? (Never mind that blue is a hotter color of flame than red, yellow, or orange - but that's not important.)

-The patch on the jerseys is not current (was actually used in the '06-07 seasons to commemorate UIC's 25th year in Division I) but I went ahead and used it to simulate what a patch would look like on the uniforms because it was there (and also the only other UIC vector I had).

-That about wraps it up, any comments on this one (or again, the UMBC concept) are greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I'd also like to add that whoever made the UIC primary logo made it with about 6,000 more paths than were actually needed. Thanks for making that helmet difficult as :censored:! :cursing: Alrighty, on to the comments B)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I dunno ... this lacks something for me. You've got an ultra-modern helmet, and yet super-conservative uniforms. I think you could really spice things up here ? flames on the sleeves, that sort of thing.

The other thing that jumps out at me is the lack of yellow in the uniforms. You wouldn't need much of it, maybe just a thin line here and there. But I think that would really make this stand out and make the reds pop.

love these man. Helmet is killer, and the unis are simple with a slight modern flavor with the numeral font. Id love to see these in rl

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq Δ± ǝɯıʇ Κ‡sɐן ǝΙ₯Κ‡ sΔ± sΔ±Ι₯Κ‡

Love the helmet design, but maybe try some flame side paneling to spice up the unis..

NOOO! This is how unis get :censored:ed up! going overboard is not the answer!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq Δ± ǝɯıʇ Κ‡sɐן ǝΙ₯Κ‡ sΔ± sΔ±Ι₯Κ‡

Very nice, as always.

Looking at the list of those you've done, I've got a few more to add for the future:

Saint Mary's (CA) - new identity

Portland - new identity

St. John's - new identity

VmWIn6B.png

I love the "hell-mets" that you've made here. The jersey tops do lack a little something, but I don't want it to go overboard at all. Just one sleeve stripe would go a long way in making people not think of it as "boring" or "plain". The pants are much more interesting now, and match the overall look more, so thats a good move. The only thing that bothers me about them is the white outline around the whole thing on the blue pants. The red of the flame touches the blue on the helmet and the logo, why break them apart on the pants? Overall, this is very solid, but I think the number of concepts like this that you have made are making people jump towards "plain" and "boring" much quicker than they would if this concept stood alone. That means just keep doing solid work and don't worry too much about those comments.

• 2 months later...

Random time to bump, but I found this searching for something else....on the helmets, what a great idea. But, instead of the side-flame, what about a front-flame. Something like the Michigan helmets, except that looks much (incoming pun) hotter! I just don't know how I'd feel about the flames on both sides. Then, ditto on the above jersey comments. I wouldn't go crazy with the flaming, but something to spice it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived