MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

All MLB replica jerseys will now be made with cool base

Can you prove this, please?
http://tshop.mlb.com/products?q=men's+cool+base

It appears Majestic is gonna do what the NFL/Nike does and have 3 different types of fan jerseys. Nike sells the Game, limited, and elite.

It looks like Majestic will sell Replica, Cool Base, and Authentic. And you can find this here (using my favorite team; and yes, I know they suck): http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=1452810

Only two different types. Cool Base will replace the traditional-made Replica. Replica = 2014. Cool Base = 2015.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we heard anything further regarding Diamond Era caps for primaries?

The AFL's FO is saying the Diamond Era caps will be the MLB primaries in 2015. Don't know if that will end up being the case but they seemed pretty sure of it.

The AFL's FO is saying the Diamond Era caps will be the MLB primaries in 2015. Don't know if that will end up being the case but they seemed pretty sure of it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be fine with that. I can hardly tell the difference unless the camera's zoomed in on a player's face. If they're actually more comfortable wearing the Diamond Era fabric, I'm all for it. Might be nice to offer the traditional material, too, like the Cool Base vs. Double-Knit for jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be fine with that. I can hardly tell the difference unless the camera's zoomed in on a player's face. If they're actually more comfortable wearing the Diamond Era fabric, I'm all for it. Might be nice to offer the traditional material, too, like the Cool Base vs. Double-Knit for jerseys.

And if the do go to the Diamond Era for the gamers, they need to offer the Low Crown version of them too. The Diamond Era BP caps have a high crown that would comfortably fit Peyton Manning or Frankenstein's Monster.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

One thing I do wish, while watching the NLCS, is that next year the SF Giants go back to their old 80s/90s number font while using their current uniforms. Won't happen, but that font was just cool/different. This one, while it has been around awhile, is just....there.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

For the ribbon that says 10 YEARS, they should have modeled it more after the ribbon at the top of the original logo. It looks so flat and boring as is. I also wouldn't have minded the 9 stars on the bottom half of the roundel either. That way it would have looked like a nice combination of the team's two primary logos.

x1hlmovt2m0mgs7ghwzgu6lht.gifrcehah9k0kekjkgzm077fflws.gif

90758391980.gif

That Nats patch looks really cheap. Pretty terrible considering some of the nice patches they had the first couple years.

Can't believe its been 10 years since the Expos died. Also they did it better...

yh10vifrfguezmg7a5lhr41i0.gif

Not by a whole lot there, what's with the random black, and why even have a patch for 35 years?

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Can't believe its been 10 years since the Expos died. Also they did it better...

yh10vifrfguezmg7a5lhr41i0.gif

Not by a whole lot there, what's with the random black, and why even have a patch for 35 years?

Probably because everyone knew there was little chance of a 40th season.

Though I think a few teams have celebrated 35 seasons (Mariners, Angels come to mind) with a patch.

Archived