MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

If not one of the 30 teams in the mlb makes even a minor tweak to any of their jerseys(not counting sleeve patches, of course) or adds another alternate jersey to their current set, Billy Ray Cyrus will have the #1 country music song in America come opening day and the Angels home opener will be snowed out. Just a figure of speech if you're wondering what I mean. I'm sure something will pop up by spring training. I believe 1996 was the last season no mlb team made any uniform modifications or additions of alternate jerseys... at all. By the way, I love Billy Ray as much as I love my Angels.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically by now, Showtime, CWx, Blackjack, or one or two others would have mentioned or at least hinted at something significant. This leads me to believe that there are no major redesigns, and probably no new primary home or road jerseys. History shows that there will probably be at least an alt or two, and probably 20 new unnecessary caps.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was just going to say that. By now we would have read an announcement of some mlb teams getting a major or minor overhaul on their unis. However, it won't surprise me if a few teams unveil an unnecessary alternate road jersey before spring training, like the Dodgers and Cubs did earlier this past year. I heard nothing about the Rangers dropping their black drop shadow on their home and road jerseys for 2014 until last December, so you never know. I wish the Reds would drop their black drop shadow around the word mark on all their jerseys. As for the Seattle Mariners changing their colors, well, I can picture a throwback set from the late 70's and early 80's as a possible alternate home jersey.

Typically by now, Showtime, CWx, Blackjack, or one or two others would have mentioned or at least hinted at something significant. This leads me to believe that there are no major redesigns, and probably no new primary home or road jerseys. History shows that there will probably be at least an alt or two, and probably 20 new unnecessary caps.

Meh...nobody tells me anything anymore...

Aren't the Angels supposed to drop 'of Anaheim' from their name?

When? That's still their official name

Nope, the naming rights gave been allowed to expire and the team is reportedly free to go back to simply "Los Angeles Angels" now.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/la-sp-angels-stadium-20130904-story.html

About time.

Nope, the naming rights gave been allowed to expire and the team is reportedly free to go back to simply "Los Angeles Angels" now.

About time.

Wrong. Go to their official website. It says right up top: "THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE LOS ANGELES ANGELS OF ANAHEIM"

That's the name they call themselves and have decided to keep.

Go A's!

About time.

Wrong. Go to their official website. It says right up top: "THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE LOS ANGELES ANGELS OF ANAHEIM"

That's the name they call themselves and have decided to keep.

Are free to go back to LA Angels, not that they have.

Their decision is their decision, however the seasons not even over yet.

The only thing wrong is how you decided to counter his statement.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

What's the consensus on teams that use the name of a state that has other teams in the same sport? I can't decide. For some teams it works; Texas Rangers is a good name even though the Astros play in Houston. Something strikes me as a little off, though, with the Florida Marlins title; I much prefer Miami.

The Texas Rangers are a thing. They are the state's equivelant of the FBI. Haven't you seen that documentary called Walker, Texas Ranger?

The baseball team using the state name makes sense because they are based in a suburb between two large cities. Plus, this state is so damn big, you might as well grab as much land as possible. I've seen more Rangers gear in San Antonio and Austin than Astros stuff. But, I haven't been out that way since the 'stros redesigned.

Well for a while the Rangers were the only major league team in Texas.

The Astros existed first. They started in 1962 as the Colt 45s. The Texas Rangers were either 1971 or 1972 when the Washington Senators moved to Texas.

Well for a while the Rangers were the only major league team in Texas.

The Astros existed first. They started in 1962 as the Colt 45s. The Texas Rangers were either 1971 or 1972 when the Washington Senators moved to Texas.

I'm talking moreso 2011-13.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I know some people hate it, but they're named that for a reason.

Texas Rangers = Law Enforcement of the same name

Florida Panthers = big cat native to the area of the same name.

Not sure about the Florida Marlins, but they changed it, so that should have ended any complaints about it if any. And "Miami Marlins" does roll off the tongue a lot better.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived