MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe its been 10 years since the Expos died. Also they did it better...

yh10vifrfguezmg7a5lhr41i0.gif

Not by a whole lot there, what's with the random black, and why even have a patch for 35 years?

Probably because everyone knew there was little chance of a 40th season.

Though I think a few teams have celebrated 35 seasons (Mariners, Angels come to mind) with a patch.

Yeah but it was REALLY stupid when they did it too...

I suppose it is true they knew this was probably gonna be their last chance at a anniversary patch, but it's still kinda silly.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Every time I hope to see the Rockies pop up, and every time I don't. :( I'd embrace a redesign in a heartbeat. Or at least some changes, like white piping on the purple jersey.

I thought that their new road jerseys in 2012 would mean new home jerseys as well, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. It really bugs me that their home uniform has no purple on it (all-black hat, black text, black numbers, etc). They own purple. Embrace it!

Every time I hope to see the Rockies pop up, and every time I don't. :( I'd embrace a redesign in a heartbeat. Or at least some changes, like white piping on the purple jersey.

I thought that their new road jerseys in 2012 would mean new home jerseys as well, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. It really bugs me that their home uniform has no purple on it (all-black hat, black text, black numbers, etc). They own purple. Embrace it!

White piping on the purple jersey might be pretty awesome. Also, I wish they'd put "Rockies" on the black and purple jerseys instead of "Colorado". Rockies is obviously shorter and makes for a bolder wordmark; it has always looked better than the scrunched-up Colorado.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What's the difference between 10th anniversary/years/seasons/etc?

The first anniversary is actually the start of the second season.

The second seasons is actually the second season.

"years" is a little fuzzy, but typically means the same as seasons.

So if a team started playing in 2005, it's 10th anniversary would be 2015, but it's 10th season (and year) would actually be 2014.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So if a team started playing in 2005, it's 10th anniversary would be 2015, but it's 10th season (and year) would actually be 2014.

This about it as a birthday. If you were born in 1980, you would celebrate your 10th birthday- or 10th anniversary of being born- in 1990. But your first year of being Alive started in 1980. Therefore your 10th year would start in 1989. So that's why you have to say if you are celebrating a 10th year or a 10th anniversary. Because the Nationals logo says 10 years but the 2015 seasons is their 11th
goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This is good. Pretty sure the Nats screwed this up a little bit by using years instead of anniversary...when you think of 10 years, you think of a decade, such as 1990-1999 (or 1991-2000, depending on your definition).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived