Opinions on Miami Marlins unis 2011- to present

Angels

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the blue has been done before

And black and orange hasn't?
My dear Gothamite, it´s Firebrick, not orange !

:D

Dear Jason From Miami,

It's Red-Orange, not firebrick. Per squalls sources.

Allright, but if you buy a jersey from various shops :

-

http://www.sportsauthority.com/Majestic-Athletic-Miami-Marlins-Giancarlo-Stanton-Authentic-Alternate-Cool-Base-Firebrick-Jersey/product.jsp?productId=20976456

Nothing beats this...

Bryan-Harvey.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Allright, but if you buy a jersey from various shops :

-

Coming back to this...that "Firebrick" designation is probably something Majestic came up with. Possibly their own name for that color fabric. It's also possible that the Marlins call this color "Firebrick"; it really doesn't matter.

Here's what Pantone calls the textile/fabric that Majestic uses for matching:

PTX_17-1562_TCX_SRGB.png

Pro teams:

• Binghamton Mets (Eastern League) - 1992 through present
  • Charlotte Bobcats (National Basketball Association) - 2004-2005 through 2008-2009
  • Charlotte Sting (Women's National Basketball Association) - 2004 through 2006
  • Cincinnati Reds (Major League Baseball) - 1987 through 1990 (alt. color)
  • Delmarva Shorebirds (South Atlantic League) - 1996 through present
  • Detroit Pistons (National Basketball Association) - 1957-1958 through 1977-1978
  • El Paso Diablos (Texas League) - 1999 through 2004
  • Florida Flame (NBA Development League) - 2005-2006
  • Florida Flame (National Basketball Development League) - 2004-2005
  • Frederick Keys (Carolina League) - 2001 through 2002
  • Gatineau Olympiques (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League) - 2004-2005 through 2010-2011
  • Kansas City Wizards (Major League Soccer) - 1997 through 1999
  • Miami Marlins (Major League Baseball) - 2012 through present
  • Minnesota Lynx (Women's National Basketball Association) - 1999 through 2010
  • New York Apollo (American Soccer League) - 1973 through 1979
  • New York Eagles (American Soccer League) - 1978 through 1979; 1981
  • New York Saints (Major Indoor Lacrosse League) - 1989 through 1994
  • Philadelphia Bulldogs (Roller Hockey International) - 1994-1995 through 1995-1996
  • Pittsburgh Maulers (United States Football League) - 1984 through 1985
  • Port Huron Beacons (United Hockey League) - 2002-2003 through 2004-2005
  • Quebec Nordiques (World Hockey Association) - 1972-1973 through 1978-1979
  • River City Rascals (Frontier League) - 1999 through 2004
  • Sudbury Wolves (Ontario Hockey League) - 1988-1989 through present
  • Vancouver Canucks (National Hockey League) - 1978-1979 through 1991-1992
  • Winnipeg Jets (World Hockey Association) - 1972-1973 through 1978-1979

College (so far):

• Houston Baptist University
  • Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

I still don't like their uniforms.

Reasons:

- the logo is gigantic on the hats and looks silly

- the logo isn't visually pleasing. It grates on me. I miss the old one.

- I don't like how the secondary colors work together. I think they vibrate off of one another.

- too much emphasis on black

- they should commit to orange

- wear the gray road tops 100% more often

- I still resent their moving away from teal. Now they're the third black and orange team in the majors.

- If they're going to use all of those colors they should go the full spectrum and have jerseys and hats in each color. Their identity could be that they have 7 different colors.

PvO6ZWJ.png

- If they're going to use all of those colors they should go the full spectrum and have jerseys and hats in each color. Their identity could be that they have 7 different colors.

YES!!! Except no purple or indigo. Red/firebrick/mandarin/pasty-sunburn, creamsicle orange, yellow, green, blue, silver, black.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hell, you might as well go with a different uniform every day of the week. Seven different-coloured caps and jerseys.

Better yet, you could start pairing them off. 49 different uniform combos! Have fans fill out cards as they try to guess today's combo. Winner gets to pick tomorrow's outfit!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I still don't like their uniforms.

Reasons:

- the logo is gigantic on the hats and looks silly

- the logo isn't visually pleasing. It grates on me. I miss the old one.

- I don't like how the secondary colors work together. I think they vibrate off of one another.

- too much emphasis on black

- they should commit to orange

- wear the gray road tops 100% more often

- I still resent their moving away from teal. Now they're the third black and orange team in the majors.

Those are pretty much all of my issues with their uniforms, along with the goofy number font.

Hell, you might as well go with a different uniform every day of the week. Seven different-coloured caps and jerseys.

Better yet, you could start pairing them off. 49 different uniform combos! Have fans fill out cards as they try to guess today's combo. Winner gets to pick tomorrow's outfit!

Back in the mid 90s, Vince Naimoli pushed for the multicolor gradient for the Devil Rays because they'd be able to sell a bunch of different colored jerseys. It didn't really pan out too much, but every once in a while, I see the same woman in a yellow Devil Rays jersey around the Trop.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Too much teal. The 1997 version was the best. Enough black to bring it back down to Earth but enough teal to keep the identity intact.

I like every element from the 97 set with the exception of the sleeveless alternate. This would have been better, teal cap and all:

jeff-conine-autographed-8x10-photo-flori

• 2 months later...

I hate everything about it. The logo is absolutely ridiculous, they not only added orange, which I hate for the Marlins, but they just threw in yellow for the heck of it.. I shudder to think of a teal, orange, yellow, and MAGENTA future!

Their look was classic and probably my favorite in the league (depending upon which year), and what probably annoys me personally the most, is they actually had a logo with the "F" replaced with an "M".. that logo annoyed me at first, because I hate having a letter represent your mascot (especially when the letter actually contains said mascot), but with the switch to "Miami", I instantly saw a perfect opportunity to rectify the poorly chosen logo letter and right the wrong.. but alas, they went wronger.. WAY WRONGER in my opinion.. the Marlins have gone from being one of my top 5 favorite teams to one of my most despised teams, solely due to their rebrand.

When they released them, I did like the new look. I loved the orange hat especially and the orange jersey

Now?

They need to wear grey for at least 8-10 games a year (preferably 41, but better than 0).

Also, ditch the orange caps, which is one thing they did right

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 1 month later...

Looks like you're going to get your wish. I, too, am glad to hear they're going to use the gray jerseys more, but I hate to see the "official" end of the orange caps. They don't have to wear orange caps, specifically, but they need to wear something other than black. So many awesome colors to choose from and they're going with the worst color possible.

This should be the Marlins uniforms:

Home - White tops with orange cap

Home alt - Orange alternate with orange cap

Road - Gray tops with black cap

Road alt - Black alternate with diamond era cap (orange bill/black crown)

Back in the mid 90s, Vince Naimoli pushed for the multicolor gradient for the Devil Rays because they'd be able to sell a bunch of different colored jerseys. It didn't really pan out too much, but every once in a while, I see the same woman in a yellow Devil Rays jersey around the Trop.

That would've been freakin' sweet. I'd love to see a gradient where every color is used elsewhere by the team.

Archived