Opinions on Miami Marlins unis 2011- to present

Angels

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While aqua and orange would be my favorite for the Marlins, something along these lines would work, also...

1993-ud-d.jpg

This.... This is perfect.

Yeah, after seeing this picture, man, this blows their current look to dust. A mix of mostly this and a bit of the Miami set would be perfect.

An angry fish.....guess he´s a Miami taxpayer like everyone else....."spend some money on good players you no good :censored:ing piece of :censored:"........LOL

You couldn't be any more uniformed.

Miami Taxpayer dollars did not fund the stadium.

Then explain this info on wiki:

Financing[edit]

Breakdown:[5]

Miami-Dade County 59.4% $376.3 million

City of Miami 20.9% $132.5 million [a]

Miami Marlins 19.7% $125.2 million

Cost (principal) -- $634 million

Taxpayer furor continued during the 201112 offseason, as Miami Mayor Regalado publicized details of contract clauses in which the city will incur heavy annual charges. The charges include as much as $2 million per year in taxes to the county for the parking facilities leased to the Marlins, and the city must also pay the Marlins stadium maintenance fee of $250,000 annually. "That [parking-facilities] tax will seriously hurt the City of Miami and the taxpayer will have to foot the bill," said Regalado. "I am also concerned because in that same contract the city has to remit a quarter of a million dollars every year for the maintenance of the stadium we do not own or operate. This is a bad contract that has become a nightmare."

An angry fish.....guess he´s a Miami taxpayer like everyone else....."spend some money on good players you no good :censored:ing piece of :censored:"........LOL

Financing[edit]

Taxpayer furor continued during the 201112 offseason, as Miami Mayor Regalado publicized details of contract clauses in which the city will incur heavy annual charges. The charges include as much as $2 million per year in taxes to the county for the parking facilities leased to the Marlins, and the city must also pay the Marlins stadium maintenance fee of $250,000 annually. "That [parking-facilities] tax will seriously hurt the City of Miami and the taxpayer will have to foot the bill," said Regalado. "I am also concerned because in that same contract the city has to remit a quarter of a million dollars every year for the maintenance of the stadium we do not own or operate. This is a bad contract that has become a nightmare."

Where did you find that? Wikipedia?

Don't waste my time.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Financing[edit]

Don't waste my time.

yes, Wiki ....i started by writing that.

waste your time ? feel free to not respond then.....this is some strange :censored: !?

hopefully someone else will give their opinion on this matter.

Financing[edit]

Don't waste my time.

Wikipedia or not, if the information is correct then he's right.

Ha, ha...never knew a joke about an angry fish could turn ugly :-)

Anyway, wonder if the Marlins look would be more liked if they had a winning team for the last 3 years, and a "not-hated" owner.....an overall more positive feel to the team, to match the bright colors , or is that just bull ?

Financing[edit]

Don't waste my time.

Wikipedia or not, if the information is correct then he's right.

It's not- that's the problem with wikipedia.

Ha, ha...never knew a joke about an angry fish could turn ugly :-)Anyway, wonder if the Marlins look would be more liked if they had a winning team for the last 3 years, and a "not-hated" owner.....an overall more positive feel to the team, to match the bright colors , or is that just bull ?

Wouldn't matter- Miami is a very different place than the rest of the country.

Up north, teams fight for the communities entertainment dollars because fans and famiily's are looking to spend the money.

In south Florida, teams fight for the same entertainment dollars but most are looking for reasons NOT to spend the money-

Dolphins- because they suck, or partings 45 dollars.

Panthers- they are too far

Heat- They lost Lebron. With Lebron- "it's too expensive"

Marlins- why, they just trade everybody.

They have been saying why they'll just trade everyone since 1998- even when they kept te team together for the most part through 2005.

There are sports fans who go and go often, but the casual fans don't bother to spend the money. THEY always find an excuse.

I think the logos are great, but to have those be so colorful and then rely on black hats and jerseys seems like a waste. If I were in charge, I'd ditch all of the black and utilize the following or something close in regular game rotation (in addition to the orange):

img_2224_1.jpg

9362_royal_blue_l.jpg

Minimize the Orange and embrace the Ocean Blue... even the seats of Marlins Park are blue. Change the walls to from electric green to blue too and get rid of that Acid Trip Home Run Celebration Machine.

NYCdog.png

That blue should be their full time uni. It's beautiful and unique, much like their original teal was. Then to fill out the rest of the set I'd go with the gray and orange ones. That would really show off this Miami Art Deco thing they are going for. The black is just dull and overused.

Would it be against the rules to have some players wear blue, some wear orange, some wear yellow, some wear green at once? That might look cool. The un-uniform uniform.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Would it be against the rules to have some players wear blue, some wear orange, some wear yellow, some wear green at once? That might look cool. The un-uniform uniform.

Not sure about any specific rule, but I'm pretty sure they tried experimenting with position specific colored hats back around the turn of the 20th century. Believe it may have been A.G. Spalding's idea. It would be interesting though. Or maybe have the black jerseys, but then have players with different colored hats.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived