The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Also, I don't believe Bruce Boudreau is a blithering idiot like Vinny.

Calgary is losing again. Falling hard. Numbers never lie!

My dad's at the game and he texted me saying the Flames are terrible tonight and have been for the past couple games. At least in his mind.

------------------------

Quick Edit

I do understand that the location of the teams doesn't play into the factor a lot (maybe it does for me in my mind because my favorite team was the first picture and I have lived my entire life in the second one) and I never was meaning for it to be the be-all and end-all of free agent signings. It's definitely the media influence though. Toil away in relative obscurity in one place compared to getting accosted at a Tim Hortons or Canadian Tire in the other.

But I still don't think less of Canadian NHL players signing with American teams over Canadian teams and I've never had a problem with it either.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers just won a 20-round shootout. Whatever your feelings on shootouts, you gotta love that. Holtby had the game on his pads five times and blew it all five times. What a crappy goalie.

Panthers are probably making the playoffs now.

They went one time through the entire roster. Backstrom and Ovechkin went twice for the Caps, Jokinen and Bjugstad went twice for the Cats.

That hasn't happened before, has it?

FAKE EDIT: It is the longest. Previous record was 15 rounds, funnily enough, with the Capitals against the Rangers back in 2005. (First year of Shootouts) You'll remember that as the Marek Malik shootout.

Florida is 11-2-8 in one-goal games.

Curious....once you cycle through the entire roster in the shootout, on the second go-around, can you go in any order or do you have to keep your place in the batting lineup?

Panthers just won a 20-round shootout. Whatever your feelings on shootouts, you gotta love that. Holtby had the game on his pads five times and blew it all five times. What a crappy goalie.

Panthers are probably making the playoffs now.

They went one time through the entire roster. Backstrom and Ovechkin went twice for the Caps, Jokinen and Bjugstad went twice for the Cats.

That hasn't happened before, has it?

FAKE EDIT: It is the longest. Previous record was 15 rounds, funnily enough, with the Capitals against the Rangers back in 2005. (First year of Shootouts) You'll remember that as the Marek Malik shootout.

Florida is 11-2-8 in one-goal games.

Curious....once you cycle through the entire roster in the shootout, on the second go-around, can you go in any order or do you have to keep your place in the batting lineup?

Based on the box score, it appears you can go in any order. Backstrom and Bjugstad were initially 2nd, Ovechkin and Jokinen were initially 4th.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've always wanted to see a shootout that forces both teams to use every skater. It's a funny thought to think of some dope player like Jared Boll trying to score a shootout goal.

I caught the last 6 rounds of that. That's why you pay for NHL Gamecenter.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've always wanted to see a shootout that forces both teams to use every skater. It's a funny thought to think of some dope player like Jared Boll trying to score a shootout goal.

I caught the last 6 rounds of that. That's why you pay for NHL Gamecenter.

It's currently on YouTube....took a cool 18 minutes to get through 20 rounds of a shootout. I'm with you on the elongated shootouts...as the back-end players get their rare chance to attempt a shot, they know they likely won't get this again, and that's where the shenanigans come out. If Marek Malik scores a goal in the more conventional way, would we even remember him for anything?

Kinda disappointed the goalies didn't get to try scoring a goal.

Personally, the funniest thing about that shootout is the fact that Brooks effing Orpik scored a goal, and Holtby couldn't make it stand. The Isles and Lightning had a shootout like that last season where the Lightning kept scoring after the 3rd round to put the pressure on the Isles, and the Isles kept responding, and that shootout tonight made that look minor in comparison. That was the funniest and stupidest thing I can remember watching. It was a blast.

spacer.png

I've accepted that Bruce Boudreau is basically the Vinny Del Negro of the NHL. He can ride his stars and look good, but ultimately can't do amything to develop or advance the skills of his team.

*sad trombone*

Not that anyone cares, but the CBJ are playing some of the best hockey in the league right now. 7 in a row, including wins over the Pens (yes I know Crosby and Fluery didn't play), at the Caps, and at the Red Wings. Basically, this is the same thing that happened last year, they start out really slow, then went on an 8 game win streak and made it into the top 3 of the Metro. I feel, once again, don't sleep on this team. They have players coming back, as at one point, the injured players list was up to 8. Dubinsky, Tyutin, among others are back and playing again. Playoffs are still a good possibility, but anything can change in the next couple months.

Not that anyone cares, but the CBJ are playing some of the best hockey in the league right now. 7 in a row, including wins over the Pens (yes I know Crosby and Fluery didn't play), at the Caps, and at the Red Wings. Basically, this is the same thing that happened last year, they start out really slow, then went on an 8 game win streak and made it into the top 3 of the Metro. I feel, once again, don't sleep on this team. They have players coming back, as at one point, the injured players list was up to 8. Dubinsky, Tyutin, among others are back and playing again. Playoffs are still a good possibility, but anything can change in the next couple months.

Jackets are HOT! It's annoying how they always dig a massive hole and then the season becomes all about climbing out of it, but I like the team's resolve.

If it weren't for the worst rash of injuries I've ever seen an NHL team go through they'd be in the top three in the Metro. Bobrovsky actually has a winning record. It's that damn McElhinney going like 1-12 when Bob was out that bit us.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've always had a soft spot for Columbus and a large part of me was hoping the injures would persist and they'd end up with McDavid and come back stronger than ever next year (and the coming seasons), but the team is to good a unit to keep losing when healthy.

untitled-6.jpg

SportsClubStats still only has the Jackets at 2.1% for making the playoffs, and that's up from .18% after the loss to Nashville. They'll probably be out of McDavid range, but I think the damage is done.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

SportsClubStats still only has the Jackets at 2.1% for making the playoffs, and that's up from .18% after the loss to Nashville. They'll probably be out of McDavid range, but I think the damage is done.

afc3eed9f20dd5acd8c7b250e8dc904f.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Jackets are HOT! It's annoying how they always dig a massive hole and then the season becomes all about climbing out of it, but I like the team's resolve.

If it weren't for the worst rash of injuries I've ever seen an NHL team go through they'd be in the top three in the Metro. Bobrovsky actually has a winning record. It's that damn McElhinney going like 1-12 when Bob was out that bit us.

I've never been a big fan of Curtis, I just don't feel like he does that much for us even in the backup spot. He's for sure a big drop off from Bob, but I guess the backup goalie is usually in that spot...

Archived