The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

To be fair, the Seguin trade was made when their cup window was wide open. It didn't make much sense to hold on to him at that point.

As for Phoenix, I still can't believe they made the west finals. Especially considering the teams they beat to get there.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto beats Dallas 4-0 in Texas, so no Bieber jokes this year on the jumbotron.

Phoenix sucks this year, but even they pummel the Oil tonight. I would ask every member on Edmonton to reconsider being a hockey player for a living.

EDIT: Didn't know the Yotes already played the Oil 5 times this year and swept all 5.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Toronto beats Dallas 4-0 in Texas, so no Bieber jokes this year on the jumbotron.

Phoenix sucks this year, but even they pummel the Oil tonight. I would ask every member on Edmonton to reconsider being a hockey player for a living.

EDIT: Didn't know the Yotes already played the Oil 5 times this year and swept all 5.

Arizona has won 3 out of their last 13, and all of those wins have been against Edmonton.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Edmonton has lost 18 of their last 19.

They are a Brenden Dillon deflection bad bounce goal from a record 19-game losing streak.

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

No no no, it's because the Stars media team surfs Reddit, Buzzfeed and the Huffington Post during games and want people to know it.

That and the poor form of chirping teams that are decidedly better than the Stars are, or even end up throttling them in those very games.

Jets beat the Hawks 5-1, so they'd better make the playoffs now and not screw this up. Who other than maybe Still Mighty would have guessed that Mathieu Perreault would be a more effective acquisition than Thomas Vanek, Jason Spezza, and Jarome Iginla?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No no no, it's because the Stars media team surfs Reddit, Buzzfeed and the Huffington Post during games and want people to know it.

That and the poor form of chirping teams that are decidedly better than the Stars are, or even end up throttling them in those very games.

Jets beat the Hawks 5-1, so they'd better make the playoffs now and not screw this up. Who other than maybe Still Mighty would have guessed that Mathieu Perreault would be a more effective acquisition than Thomas Vanek, Jason Spezza, and Jarome Iginla?

They're going along pretty well, aren't they? I don't know if I thought he'd be more effective than those guys, but he was more than effective with the Ducks last year. I really wanted to keep him this year, especially after getting Kesler to further that scoring punch right up the middle, but the team didn't like the price tag. Again that's what Winnipeg has to do is overpay free agents, but they got him and it's working.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Curtains for Peter DeBoer, as if it's his fault everyone on his team is like 40 years old.

EDIT: Fabulous Adam Oates to replace DeBoer? oh dear

Didn't it used to be that you had to have some success in at least one place before you got recycled around the league coaching carousel?

Archived