The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/NJD/draft.html

Like a repairman rootin' around your furnace, "ah, I think I found the problem here, guys." In a league where you have to draft and develop, the Devils can't draft. Since the summer of 2001, basically all they have to show for themselves in the draft are Zach Parise, Travis Zajac, Mark Fayne, and Adam Henrique. It's hard to rebuild when you don't buy bricks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ducks place Dany Heatley on waivers. 0 points in only 6 games this year.

Meh, it was a low risk move in the first place. Only $1M with a lot of cap space. Somebody else can take a shot with him if they want, otherwise I think this might end the :censored: in' All-Star's NHL career.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ducks place Dany Heatley on waivers. 0 points in only 6 games this year.

Meh, it was a low risk move in the first place. Only $1M with a lot of cap space. Somebody else can take a shot with him if they want, otherwise I think this might end the :censored: in' All-Star's NHL career.

Heatley played for the Ducks?

Heatley played for the Ducks?

6 games, 80 goals, he was too good.

I wouldn't get that worked up about it.

You are, after all, approaching them at their workplace. They're under no obligation to grant your favor of an autograph. And if it's a game day, players may have superstitious rituals they stick with.

Plus, goalies are crazy to begin with.

Does any LA area people (or anybody) know what Quick is like off-ice? One of my mom's Facebook friends posted that Quick refused to sign her son's Quick jersey this morning.

He probably had the trots.

Mind you, I'm still brand new to this hockeyhead thing...but tonight is the first chance I've had to sit down and watch a full game start to finish. The gear grinder: each and every time I've gotten up to go do something, the Predators have scored a goal. Even the one that got waved off. (Looked to me pretty clearly that puck was over the line from the overhead view...but they're up one now so its good for now.) The other thing: the Blues have the top-ranked power play in the league; looked like the Predators did a pretty good job in neutralizing that.

Immediate takeaways: for it being a Tuesday night, Bridgestone looked and sounded on TV like it was ROCKING (particularly impressive considering the Music City Bowl was played here in town earlier today). And, obviously I ain't been able to watch the Preds all season (I've only been down here a few weeks), but if they've been playing this way all season thus far then I can see why they're been up at the top of their division thus far: these guys were aggressive as hell in their offensive zone tonight and especially on the forecheck--they had 47 shots on goal to St. Louis' 28, 20 or 21 before the end of the first period. And isn't one of the old adages that if you put the puck on net, good things usually happen? Seems it worked for the Preds tonight.

That was a good game to watch. Both teams looked like they were really getting after it (with a couple skirmishes to boot). And, it's not like I've never watched hockey before, just not with any outside distractions before tonight, at least not in a long time. This is one helluva spectator sport to see on TV. Now I just gotta find some time to get to see a game live. In the meantime, I suppose I better get to work on learning the (rest of the) rules and all the little subtleties of the game--I like to know about what I'm watching, ya know?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The first time I went to a game in Nashville, my friend and I felt the crowd was kinda minor-league like compared to crowds at Thrashers games. (And when the Thrashers were up like 4-0 after the first and won 7-2, couldn't quite get a read on a typical Predators crowd.)

We've been up there numerous times since, and their crowds are always into the game. They still do their dorky things (fang fingers, saying "Thanks Paul!" when the announcement of a minute left is made, their chant after they score a goal), but it's a very festive crowd, and it's been harder to get prime tickets.

I did that doubleheader last year (Music City Bowl during the afternoon, Predators game in the evening). Granted, the two venues are maybe a mile apart, but there are overflow crowds that did both games, and there's also a big party out on Broadway (they have that street closed to traffic from now til New Year's Day) for the NYE festivities.

This is definitely a new Preds team under Laviolette. They're actually interesting and kinda scary, as opposed to the nap on skates Trotz kept running in his tenure. Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat. God, George McPhee should have been given cement shoes in the Potomac for that alone.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived