The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Now there's word that it might be Paul MacLean, so Lou might be doing Eugene Melnyk a favor here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paulrus would be a good coach for the Devils, if not immediately, eventually. I sure wouldn't promote from within with a within like Jersey's. Watching Botox Face make Jaromir Jagr play out of position would be funny, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nope. It's going to be Lamoriello (again), with Adam Oates and Scott Stevens as co-head coaches.

Devils fans, stay away from home games for the rest of the season. Your king has gone mad.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So now the NHL teams are adopting an offensive and defensive coordinator system? It may actually be a thing already with assistant coaches but I have never heard of it.

There's traditionally one assistant who specializes in either uneven phase. What's puzzling is that Botox and Head Wound technically aren't assistants (there are still assistant coaches on staff) but with Lou's presence behind the bench, still kind of are. What absurdity.

The best part is that Lou said "the intention is to have one head coach next year." One of the greatest general managers in league history saying that he intends to have a coach. It's been a long way down.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So now the NHL teams are adopting an offensive and defensive coordinator system? It may actually be a thing already with assistant coaches but I have never heard of it.

There's traditionally one assistant who specializes in either uneven phase. What's puzzling is that Botox and Head Wound technically aren't assistants (there are still assistant coaches on staff) but with Lou's presence behind the bench, still kind of are. What absurdity.

The best part is that Lou said "the intention is to have one head coach next year." One of the greatest general managers in league history saying that he intends to have a coach. It's been a long way down.

Are Harris and Blitzer trying to bottom out both franchises they own? Would Sonny Mehta coach when he finally passed his LTS classes?

Stop insulting that poor dumpster.

Because I'm a dork, I'm kind of curious how the NHL will treat the Devils' coaching situation statistically. Do Oates and Stevens and possibly Lou all get a loss on their record for last night? Do they each get a half or a third of a loss? Or does the loss get credited to the Oates/Stevens/Lamoriello human centipede and not count against their individual records?

Because I'm a dork, I'm kind of curious how the NHL will treat the Devils' coaching situation statistically. Do Oates and Stevens and possibly Lou all get a loss on their record for last night? Do they each get a half or a third of a loss? Or does the loss get credited to the Oates/Stevens/Lamoriello human centipede and not count against their individual records?

Personally, I would treat it like Lamoriello is the head coach and the other guys are assistants. If there's someone on the bench who outranks you, you can't be a "head" coach.

Archived