The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I'm starting to think I shouldn't have said nothing about that game at all....

(And do I even want to know what the HFBoards is?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

All I know is that Islanders fans have had to deal with unwanted houseguests far more than the Perds have, and they don't seem so damn sensitive about it.

It's the lowest common denominator of hockey talk on the internet with a heavy bias toward southern teams and a heavy bias against any sort of fun. Our dumbest posters would be among their smartest.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm just basing that on what you've been saying re: going to Preds games.

It's easier to convince folks to do a day-trip 4 hours away to Nashville than it is for a 7.5-8 hour (or longer) drive to Tampa, Raleigh, Columbus, or St. Louis that'll consist of staying out of town at least for a night or two just for a game.

Frans Nielsen with a glorious top-shelfer 5 on 3, 2-0 Isles in Winnipeg. Good old twilight hockey.

I almost feel that some of the HFBoards posters are like those crazy Tumblr SJW people, but for Sun Belt teams.

"Relocation is a triggering me!"

More than you ever know: being a northern fan makes you a "relocationist," you know, just like calling someone stupid makes you an "ableist."

Damn, I'm starting to think I shouldn't have said nothing about that game at all....

Buc, if you're interested in a hockey community to become apart of, try the SBNation blog for the Preds (On the Forecheck). I found the Avs version (Mile High Hockey) a worth while place for fan interaction and team specific hockey news.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Oilers blow another lead, this time to Calgary. Stop it, you guys. This is no fun. Connor McDavid won't save you. Nothing will.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Why have Nashville fans made such a show of getting buttshook about visiting fans in ways that other fanbases have not? There are much more passionate rivalries with much fewer hurt feelings.

Its common with newer fanbases. Reminds me of Jax. Need time for skin to grow thick. You know, baby soft.

At just around the halfway point, here's a quick and dirty ranking/stratification of the league, as best I can tell:

Cup-or-Bust Contenders

Chicago

Nashville

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Legitimate Contenders

Detroit

Long Island

New York

Montreal

Anaheim

Dark Horses

St. Louis

Vancouver

Longshots

San Jose

Washington

Los Angeles

Toronto

Calgary

Winnipeg

Outside Looking In

Boston

Minnesota

Florida

Dallas

Ottawa

Philadelphia

Bad Teams

Columbus

Colorado

New Jersey

Phoenix

Really Bad Teams

Carolina

Buffalo

Holy Crap

Edmonton

Arguments?

My argument is with the Jackets. I wouldn't consid them a bad team, because this is around their standing last season. Do I think they have a chance for the cup YET, no, but it doesn't seem that far fetched in the next couple of seasons.

That's what- She

What the Eastern Conference should really look like...

<

after 12/31/2014 Tiebreakers: 1) Win Pct., 2) Wins, 3) Goal Differential

Team GP W L PCT. GB GD

NY Islanders 37 25 12 0.676 0

Montreal 37 24 13 0.649 1

Pittsburgh 37 23 14 0.622 2

Tampa Bay 39 24 15 0.615 2

NY Rangers 35 20 15 0.571 4

Toronto 38 21 17 0.553 4.5

Detroit 38 20 18 0.526 5.5

Boston 38 19 19 0.500 6.5

Washington 36 18 18 0.500 6.5

Florida 35 16 19 0.457 8 -11

Columbus 35 16 19 0.457 8 -21

Ottawa 36 15 19 0.417 8.5

Philadelphia 37 14 23 0.378 11

Buffalo 38 14 24 0.368 11.5

New Jersey 39 13 26 0.333 13

Carolina 37 10 27 0.270 15

My argument is with the Jackets. I wouldn't consid them a bad team, because this is around their standing last season. Do I think they have a chance for the cup YET, no, but it doesn't seem that far fetched in the next couple of seasons.

They've allowed 24 more than they've scored, which is on par with the Devils and one better than the Hurricanes. I know they've had a ridiculous rash of injuries and are just now getting guys back, but on paper? bad team.

I know the Kings have been steaming ass on the road, but I can't discount them this early after the last few seasons. They're still a Legitimate Contender for me, not a Longshot.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why are the Flyers in any better shape than the Beej? Columbus is 16-19 and Philly is 14-23. Yeah, your goal differential is probably gonna take a hit when your starting goalie gets injured. Then consider the horrific injuries that Columbus had to deal with... I certainly have more confidence in them for the rest of the season.

Why are the Flyers in any better shape than the Beej?

Better goal differential (-5 to -24, that's a lot!), more ROWs, Claude Giroux. I don't think the Flyers ever sunk to the depths that the Beej plumbed earlier in the year. They've just been kind of bad all year.

I know the Kings have been steaming ass on the road, but I can't discount them this early after the last few seasons. They're still a Legitimate Contender for me, not a Longshot.

In theory, I agree, but I tried to base it as much as possible on what teams had actually done. I know they'll flip the burners in the home stretch, but they're not even in a playoff spot today because of how much they don't care on the road.

They've allowed 24 more than they've scored, which is on par with the Devils and one better than the Hurricanes. I know they've had a ridiculous rash of injuries and are just now getting guys back, but on paper? bad team.

It isn't a bad team. If it was a bad team, than how did the Jackets sweep the Sharks, which is one of the best teams in the league. The Jackets have had than their share of injuries, and it shows on paper. Our backup goalie sucks, and when he has to play a large amount of games in a short time, it will affect the team. The Jackets have been one of the teams to have certain players step up to the task. I mean, Nick Foligno has more goals(last time I checked) than Ovi. I just think the Jackets deserve more respect than they get, and they have shed the "Beej" title, which a few years ago would have been given to the Blawkhawks, which is one of the best teams in the league.

That's what- She

They'll be fine next year and will probably work their way into one side of the playoff bubble or the other by the end of this one. I'm just saying they had an objectively awful first half. Do you disagree?

Archived