The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to the first round exit in store this April. At least I can watch better teams soon after that. Not that I fault them for trying to score on a 2 on 1 early in the game which lead to Saint Louis' first goal, but I'd like to think they'd bring it back behind the net and kill more time and make sure they have the bodies back to better contain the odd-man rush the other way. That'd be my tactic anyhow.

Also, who the hell is coaching Braun and Burns on defense? Burns doesn't seem to be progressing any better at defense as the season is progressing and it's kind of making me wonder what the hell management saw in him before that warranted bringing him over. Braun I understand somewhat because he had a better year last year and I believe it helped him get a new contract. Despite this, almost every game I've watched this year has included a goal or two against courtesy of Braun not being in a freaking position he was supposed to be in. Even I, a casual hockey fan at best, learn how to cover the shooting lanes better after having to play defense once or twice in any NHL game I play. Yet these guys, who do this for a living, can't seem to grasp the concept.

I just don't know anymore.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I said for like two years that the Sharks had to clear the decks for McDavid because it was gonna get worse before it got better, Calgary-style. Here we are!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jets blew a three-goal lead to the Kings and just gave up the go-ahead on a silly little bloop. I'm losing confidence that the Jets hang on to their playoff spot through the rest of the year, it's just a matter of who takes it from them. I hope it's not Dallas.

EDIT: Bogosian tied it! hang in there, me

The lost weekend. The Islanders are the real deal.

At least three of our guys made the all-star team (Foligno, Johansen, Bobrovsky). Earlier this year it was looking like we'd have our one lame representative in our own building so good to see we got more than that in the game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My only reservation about the Isles is that they rely rather heavily on the shootout and don't have very good goaltending. I'm not sure whether they can upgrade at the position, either. But oh, what scoring.

The goaltending's been just fine. Yes, Halak's save percentage could be higher but his GAA is good and for the most part the team is playing well in front of him. Also, Halak is a huge improvement over the nuclear waste pile that was the goaltending the past few seasons. The biggest weakness is the coach and the biggest need I can see right now is a left wing for the Tavares line and another solid defenseman as there always seems to be an injury on the blueline of late (and the D this season is miles better than last.) I still think there could be a slip somewhere but this team is the real deal.

Archived