2014-5 NBA Season Thread: We Are North American Ballerz

buzzcut

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see some new blood in the Finals this year. A Warriors vs Hawks or Grizzlies vs Raptors Finals or something like that would be absolutely refreshing. I think it would kinda restore some of my interest in the NBA too, even if only fleeting.

But it's the NBA were talking about here. We're gonna end up getting, like, Lakers vs Patriots or something.

Naismith Cup NBA Finals. Nice.

Hawks ran out of gas, the Philly game nearly did em in...

They are also full of injuires as of now. Both main SF's are down.

In other news, the Raps lost to the 8-man team known as the Bucks. When did Kidd become a good coach?

Well, Carroll did come back last night. Too much Anthony Davis and a tough night shooting did them in.

But a 19-game winning streak is something I'd never see from a team in this city. Simply incredible. Now that the streak is over, perhaps that loosens the team up. You no longer have to worry about everything being perfect and getting every team's best shot because they want to be the ones that end the streak.

Pretty much a statement week for the Hawks: Put the hammer down on the division with a game vs. Washington on Wednesday, show they're ready for the big stage with a game against the top team in the West in Golden State on Friday night (we're selling tickets anywhere we can for this game...SRO's are already sold out), then go on the road and take on the #2 team in the West at Memphis.

Hawks ran out of gas, the Philly game nearly did em in...

They are also full of injuires as of now. Both main SF's are down.

In other news, the Raps lost to the 8-man team known as the Bucks. When did Kidd become a good coach?

Well, Carroll did come back last night. Too much Anthony Davis and a tough night shooting did them in.

But a 19-game winning streak is something I'd never see from a team in this city. Simply incredible. Now that the streak is over, perhaps that loosens the team up. You no longer have to worry about everything being perfect and getting every team's best shot because they want to be the ones that end the streak.

Pretty much a statement week for the Hawks: Put the hammer down on the division with a game vs. Washington on Wednesday, show they're ready for the big stage with a game against the top team in the West in Golden State on Friday night (we're selling tickets anywhere we can for this game...SRO's are already sold out), then go on the road and take on the #2 team in the West at Memphis.

I feel happy for the Hawks as I love the team, but thye could lose either Millsap or Carroll in FA.

I believe Paul George vs the stanchion had a bit to do with that.

That's kind of sad that he had to lose a year of his career trying to prepare himself for a tournament that the US won easily even though ESPN was hyping up Spain to demolish them.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'm so happy I get to focus on NBA now. I'm coming in late, but this is shaping up to be a really excellent, changing-of-the-guard season (unless the Cavs or Spurs end up getting hot in the playoffs, which is definitely a possibility).

How about Anthony Davis' 3-point buzzer beater? Nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

lols Clippers

Easily becoming the most disliked team in the league. I'm glad they keep getting blown out.

Is it possible that Doc Rivers is overrated?

So much talent, & youthful energy... they keep running themselves out of games. Bizarre.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

lols Clippers

Easily becoming the most disliked team in the league. I'm glad they keep getting blown out.

Is it possible that Doc Rivers is overrated?

So much talent, & youthful energy... they keep running themselves out of games. Bizarre.

I think it has more to do with lack of depth and Griffin insisting on clanking outside shots instead of driving to the lane like he's built to do
I thought depth was one of their better qualities this year. I don't know what is going with the Clippers this year. They aren't a bad team, but you would think they had nothing to play for the way they have been acting as of late. CP3 pissed me off the other night when he stared down KD after a shot, while down by like 20. WTF?

I will agree that Blake shouldn't evolve into a jump shooter and play more inside. However, one of my criticisms of his game was that he couldn't hit the mid range shot. He has made more of an effort to get better in that department so in happy with that. He just needs to learn how to use that shot as a decoy to fake back inside and get more consistent with hitting that shot. Right now no one fears Blake from mid range so no one is leaving the paint to block him.

Not sure what people are watching, because this team has zero depth. The bench is one of the worst in the league. Doc's horrible stint as general manager has left us bereft of young talent or trade assets that anyone wants and his coaching isn't good enough to make up for it. I honestly preferred rooting for the scrub lottery teams than this year's group of overpaid, whiny primadonnas.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Not sure what people are watching, because this team has zero depth. The bench is one of the worst in the league. Doc's horrible stint as general manager has left us bereft of young talent or trade assets that anyone wants and his coaching isn't good enough to make up for it. I honestly preferred rooting for the scrub lottery teams than this year's group of overpaid, whiny primadonnas.

Clhipster.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived