Most quality lopsided matchups

Phils Phan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality in design or quality of the product?

If you mean quality of design, I'd have to say anytime the Cowboys mish-mashed uniforms match up against a quality uniform.

Super Bowl XLVI is a glaring example of low-qualitry vs. high quality. I hate the Elvis logo but the Patrots' uniforms are always consistent from player to player and and look good. They actually look professional and he Giants uniforms always look like practice gear.

226669-super-bowl-2012.jpg

If you mean quality of product, anyone playing the Colts under Reebok. They were horrible, from the stripes that weren't consistent from player to player and were done correctly on NO ONE's jersey to the varried sizes of numerals. I recall Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie had an exceptionally bad jersey. Some players' shoulder stripes went below the nameplate and some stripes ended above the name.

The Jets had and still have similar issues with the shoulder stripes.

Pierre+Garcon+Glover+Quinn+Indianapolis+

Then there are quality issues like this:

120607MisspelledGiantsJersey.jpg

blogshirtnats1.jpg

120607MisspelledBlueJaysJersey1.jpg

adam-riggs-angees.jpg

8-adam-everett-misspelled-minnesota-twin

87Redskins.png

I meant quality in design but enjoy the second half of your post nonetheless.

So basically a really good uniform look vs a really bad uniform look?

From just yesterday:

dennis-johnson-sterling-moore-nfl-presea

Earlier this year:

Dennis+Dixon+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Buff

If throwbacks count:

ben-roethlisberger-steelers.jpg

Switching sports:

uspw_7072030_crop_exact.jpg

stephen-curry-layup-sleeves.jpg

87Redskins.png

If you mean quality of design, I'd have to say anytime the Cowboys mish-mashed uniforms match up against a quality uniform.

Super Bowl XLVI is a glaring example of low-qualitry vs. high quality. I hate the Elvis logo but the Patrots' uniforms are always consistent from player to player and and look good. They actually look professional and he Giants uniforms always look like practice gear.

Weird. When I saw this picture, I assumed you were going in the opposite direction. Those Giant road uniforms are perfection, while the Pats uniform is a 90's relic.

Weird. When I saw this picture, I assumed you were going in the opposite direction. Those Giant road uniforms are perfection, while the Pats uniform is a 90's relic.

The Giants jerseys need some blue in there somewhere. For a team nicknamed "Big Blue" the only blue on their away unis is the helmet and a thin stripe on the pants.

If you mean quality of product, anyone playing the Colts under Reebok. They were horrible, from the stripes that weren't consistent from player to player and were done correctly on NO ONE's jersey to the varried sizes of numerals. I recall Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie had an exceptionally bad jersey. Some players' shoulder stripes went below the nameplate and some stripes ended above the name.

(TYPOS)

While the typos I deleted to save space are sorta one-time things, these Colts stripes are a great example of "poor quality" that the OP did not really mean. The Colts seem to have trouble with player-to-player consistency. However, with new "performance" templates, it seems to be an issue that can pop on on any team. For example, the this does not seem to happen a lot to the Packers, but I remember Jermichael Finley's jersey looking a little Wal-Martish at times.

As to the original question, did anyone ever wear TATC vs. the Yankees? That would be a pretty good example.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

(TYPOS)

While the typos I deleted to save space are sorta one-time things, these Colts stripes are a great example of "poor quality" that the OP did not really mean. The Colts seem to have trouble with player-to-player consistency. However, with new "performance" templates, it seems to be an issue that can pop on on any team. For example, the this does not seem to happen a lot to the Packers, but I remember Jermichael Finley's jersey looking a little Wal-Martish at times.

Green+Bay+Packers+v+Arizona+Cardinals+Wi

Looking back at those now...how much do those now seem to have been test runs for what ended up becoming adidas' TechFit? For some reason I remember thinking that to myself at the time...I think the first edition of what they ended up calling TechFit popped up around this same time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(TYPOS)

As to the original question, did anyone ever wear TATC vs. the Yankees? That would be a pretty good example.

The Yankees played the Indians in July of 1999. I can't find a picture but I think that's when the Indians wore turn ahead

(TYPOS)

Looking back at those now...how much do those now seem to have been test runs for what ended up becoming adidas' TechFit? For some reason I remember thinking that to myself at the time...I think the first edition of what they ended up calling TechFit popped up around this same time.
Those were the original techfits. Reebok had been bought by Adidas, so they offered some teams the template for players to wear. College teams had begun wearing it the same year or maybe a year before in 09 or 10.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived