Ooh, make the GM's do a Hunger Games. Winner gets first overall and gets to continue being GM, because you know, they aren't dead.

Brian Burke tried this and it didn't work.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a proposal that would give the 15th pick to the team that wins the President's Trophy so the idea would be to create more interest in that title. Interesting idea, but unnecessary IMO.

You already get the best playoff position, a trophy for your arena (Do they make a new trophy each season or is it a traveling thing like the Stanley Cup? I've never thought about it to be honest) and the right to hang a banner if you so choose. I don't think a middle round pick would be enough incentive for something that I don't think we really need to incentivize.

PvO6ZWJ.png

All the NHL trophies are single, traveling trophies.

IDK if the team gets a smaller replica to display like they do with the Cup, though.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

All the NHL trophies are single, traveling trophies.

IDK if the team gets a smaller replica to display like they do with the Cup, though.

Do any teams display theirs in their rinks?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

4-0 Canucks. McEichel really is gonna come down to the wire. An ultra-thin wire.

Edit: The Kings are officially out of the playoffs. They now have a chance. A 3% chance is still a chance. Just sayin'.

With two days left in the season:

1 Buffalo 54 (15 ROW) -- @CBJ, PIT

2 Arizona 56 (19) -- ANA

3 Edmonton

4 Toronto

5 Carolina

6 New Jersey

7 Philadelphia 84 (30) -- OTT

8 Columbus 85 (32) -- BUF, @NYI

9 Colorado 88 (28) -- CHI

10 Florida 89 (29) -- NJ

11 San Jose 89 (36) -- @LA

12 Dallas 90 (36) -- NSH

13 Los Angeles 93 (37) -- SJ

14 Boston 95 (37) -- @TB

I'm trying not to freak out about the Sabres. The Blue Jackets are hot, and they're actually playing their starter this time. The Penguins very well may need their game against the Sabres on Saturday (or they at least won't know they don't need it, depending on the outcome of the concurrent Bruins game).

Edit: Go Isles!

The top 7 are set as we head into the final day of the season

1 Buffalo

2 Arizona

3 Edmonton

4 Toronto

5 Carolina

6 New Jersey

7 Philadelphia

8 Columbus 87 (33) -- @NYI

9 Colorado 88 (28) -- CHI

10 Florida 89 (29) -- NJ

11 San Jose 89 (36) -- @LA

12 Dallas 90 (36) -- NSH

13 Los Angeles 93 (37) -- SJ

14 Boston 95 (37) -- @TB

Congratulations, Buffalo. You're welcome. Now do me the biggest favor and beat Pittsburgh tomorrow.

I second this.

Is that allowed? I... I don't know. My goals for the team actually align with the players' goals now! This is so weird!

I think actually having all the fans in the arena behind them will spur the Sabres on to victory.

The twitter feed was ridiculously insane. It felt like the Sabres were minutes away from the Stanley Cup.

I'm trying to imagine what the crowd reaction would be, had this been a Sabres home game...

1) Jack Eichel would be a first overall in any other year but this one. They're most assuredly in the woods.

2) I think you mean Mike Babcock.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1) Jack Eichel would be a first overall in any other year but this one. They're most assuredly in the woods.

2) I think you mean Mike Babcock.

Yeah, I was just briefing on the tanking for McDavid winter they've been enjoying. I would hope Sabre fans will accept Eichel.

Chatter around these parts is the only way Babcock would come to a full rebuild (& that Shanahan might give him carte blanche) is to make him Coach + GM.

In which case isn't always the best way because coaches play for the now & if they have full hand, they'll mortgage futures for W's. Just like the Leafs have tried for most of the past 20yrs & failed.

Hitchcock would be amazing here, he's pure no nonsense with a knack for getting the best out of his roster. (by amazing I'm not suggesting a line of 100+ pt seasons, I just mean he'd easily handle the media & any slackers left on the team)

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived