• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm flying to Charlotte this morning. These were my goodbye words to my wife:

Wife: Don't die.

Me: I can't. I have to find out whether the Sabres get Connor McDavid.

I really want them to, but I just don't see Buffalo winning the draft lottery. They only have a 20% chance of retaining the #1 pick, so that means they have an 80% chance of losing it to somebody. The two times they've run this style of lottery the 2nd-last team won it (and the 30th-place team actually had higher odds those times, did they not?), factor in the fact it's not being televised this year and it means we should probably get used to the idea of Connor McDavid as a Coyote.

Bigger deal in Toronto today; NHL Lottery or Raptors playoff game?

The traffic.

Raptors game 1, Braves v Jays, marathon, & warm weather... sooo yeah, downtown is sexy.

Actually the big deal is why the f SkyDome's roof is shut for a knuckleballer when it's not winter outside. He walked more ppl today btw.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I actually do want the leafs to draft someone really good if they draft 4th or 5th overall, and I'll be happy for them if that happens. For the past decade + the Leafs haven't really been any good, and for the past 7 Ottawa's been inconsistent at their best. If the Sens can continue with their prospect development and the Leafs can get something out of their prospects and the next couple of drafts, it'd be great to see the teams competing against each other in a few years at an elite level that we last saw well over 10 years ago.

However, if the Leafs win the lottery, I'm quitting sports.

Archived