With the Leafs having clinched 4th last, it's looking like we're gonna end up with one of McDavid/Strome/Marner, either of whom would make me very happy. And oh, hey, I can start cheering for the Leafs now!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God it's over. That's all I have to say.

And if the Pens and Avs get points, I believe that moves San Jose up to #9 which would be awesome considering how much of an :censored:storm this season was.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Here's the final order for the lottery, which will be held on Saturday at 8pm ET prior to Penguins/Rangers:

1 Buffalo

2 Arizona

3 Edmonton

4 Toronto

5 Carolina

6 New Jersey

7 Philadelphia

8 Columbus

9 San Jose

10 Colorado

11 Florida

12 Dallas

13 Los Angeles

14 Boston

Here's the final order for the lottery, which will be held on Saturday at 8pm ET prior to Penguins/Rangers:

1 Buffalo

2 Arizona

3 Edmonton

4 Toronto

5 Carolina

6 New Jersey

7 Philadelphia

8 Columbus

9 San Jose

10 Colorado

11 Florida

12 Dallas

13 Los Angeles

14 Boston

This is my ranking of who I'd accept winning McDavid...

1. Toronto

2. Los Angeles

3. San Jose

That's it. I hate every single other team on there, & that goes double for Buffalo, New Jersey, & Carolina. Triple for Boston.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

^That's literally the exact opposite of my list.

I sort of want Columbus to win it, but I also wouldn't mind Colorado, Florida, Dallas, or New Jersey. Part of me does really want the Sabres to win though.

I sort of want Columbus to win it, but I also wouldn't mind Colorado, Florida, Dallas, or New Jersey. Part of me does really want the Sabres to win though.

No way Florida. They don't go to games. When they do get a star in Miami, they walk out before their LeBron Finals games were even decided.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

No way Florida. They don't go to games. When they do get a star in Miami, they walk out before their LeBron Finals games were even decided.

I'm thinking in regards to the franchise, not the fanbase. They have a good young core and could be an exciting team in one or two years, McDavid breaking into the league learning and playing aside Jagr would be great for him as well. And if they do eventually pack up and go to Quebec in a few years, then McDavid will be appreciated so much more.

I'm thinking in regards to the franchise, not the fanbase. They have a good young core and could be an exciting team in one or two years, McDavid breaking into the league learning and playing aside Jagr would be great for him as well. And if they do eventually pack up and go to Quebec in a few years, then McDavid will be appreciated so much more.
Honestly, I think I'd prefer Hannifan(pardon my spelling) if Columbus got the first pick. We don't need forwards or goalies, we need a halfway decent defenseman.

That's what- She

Honestly, I think I'd prefer Hannifan(pardon my spelling) if Columbus got the first pick. We don't need forwards or goalies, we need a halfway decent defenseman.
Look, my team has the same needs (plus a goalie), and there's no way I'd pick Noah Hanifin over Connor McDavid. Ever.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

This is positively silly.

If you have the ability to draft the best player since Crosby you take him even if you are already loaded at his position (the Jackets are not).

PvO6ZWJ.png

This is a guy who's said to be the next Crosby. Hell, some are saying he's better than Crosby. I don't care who's on your depth chart, there is absolutely no way you skip out on McDavid in lieu of a "halfway decent defenseman".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Central scouting are pretty much the only people projecting Hanifin to be the best defensemen anymore anyway. Werenski and Provorov have added massively to their draft stock down the stretch while Hanifin has tailed off a little bit.

Buffalo

Pros: happy Western New Yorkers and message boarders with rustled jimmies. God knows they need it, but because they already clinched Jack Eichel, it's hard to cross my fingers too hard for them. In fact, Eichel would be better in terms of cementing Buffalo as a Great American Hockey Market.

Cons: again, happy Western New Yorkers and message boarders with rustled jimmies. My God, the anti-tanking proposals, we'll be swimming in them.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8 Rick Jeanneret calls

Arizona

Pros: Oh, why bother? Everyone knows this is going to happen, so like Bobby Knight said, better just relax and enjoy it.

Cons: Count Bettman's endless self-satisfaction

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 uninformed Glendale alderman

Edmonton

Pros: He will cheer up northern Albertans as the oilsands stop being cost-effective to drain and the province tumbles into a recession

Cons: They make me feel like a parent of bratty children. God, guys, I love you and all, but you don't get to have any more nice toys until you play with the ones we got you!

On a scale of 1 to 10: 4 #1 overall draft picks

Toronto

Pros: THAT'S MORE LIKE IT. For too damn long, the Maple Leafs have languished as a flagship franchise without flagship players. No, Dion Phaneuf is a solid oak door with hands and feet. JVR is good, but not great. And that other guy? Just look at this:

B0KY0eHCIAAOLbs.jpg

I think that sums it up. McDavid, the Toronto native, turning around his hometown team would be glorious for the world.

Cons: n/a, baby, n divided by a

On a scale of 1 to 10: 10 naked pictures of Joffrey Lupul

Carolina

the-a-z-of-chaos-1413418986838-crop_mobi

New Jersey

Pros: Eh, he'd end up with a NYC-area team, and it might finally light a fire under their asses to play uptempo hockey.

Cons: How do you know Lamoriello even has him ranked #1? I heard he dropped on their depth chart because of low scores in "getting pucks deep."

On a scale of 1 to 10: 5 head coaches on the same bench

Philadelphia

Pros: A big, powerful hockey market that has kind of lost its way in recent years after the disastrous Richards/Carter trades. McDavid and Giroux on the same team would be a pure delight to watch.

Cons: I have visions of some meathead injuring him in practice. The meathead might be Craig Berube.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 9 Vets being brought back

Columbus

Pros: Add McDavid to a loaded roster rounding the bend before our eyes and they'll be damn near unstoppable and fun to watch.

Cons: I've never gotten jazzed about Columbus. It seems like the most Middle American city in America. Marketing-wise, it would be kind of deflating, I dunno.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 7 claims adjusters in mayonnaise-stained Ohio State sweatshirts

San Jose

Pros: McDavid would go straight to the playoffs in his rookie year with Joe Thornton there

Cons: No. Let them burn.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 4.5 Best Fans

Colorado

Cons: They already got MacKinnon, Landeskog, and Duchene, that's enough high drafting for them.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 3 bros driving Subarus

Florida

Pros: none really

Cons: sigh

On a scale of 1 to 10: 2 people in attendance at a Florida Panthers game

Dallas

Pros: We complain about teams not scoring enough these days, but this one would!

Cons: Stars fans have gotten awfully smug for a team that's missed six of the last seven postseasons, not sure I want any joy in their lives

On a scale of 1 to 10: 6 Jamie Benn monosyllabic grunts

Los Angeles

Pros: Great for marketing, will help "strengthen Sun Belt hockey" for the people who believe in that hooey without squandering him on a backwater

Cons:

On a scale of 1 to 10: 5 Jim Fox rising inflections?

Boston

Pros: Big market, great for bolstering hockey in New England, Jack Edwards will have a field day, and I've always liked Bruins fans.

Cons: We'll just spend his time in Boston wondering which pu-pu platter of plugs he'll ultimately be traded for. I'm going to say Chris Stewart, Erik Cole, and Trevor Lewis.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 7 facks given

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived