New Los Angeles MLS Team Awarded

bartodell

Beckham was 32 when he started for the Galaxy; David Villa will be 33 next year, and Kaka will start the season at 32. Messi is 27 now, so it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to see him suited up for LAFC when they start play. Maybe even Cristiano Ronaldo, who turns 30 next year.

LA remains a key market, and MLS remains an attractive option to name guys looking to cash in after their European careers have crested. Until a mega TV deal is signed and a salary caps goes away, it will always be like this. I also don't see the harm.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any particular reason MLS chose not to award this franchise to an expansion city? Does MLS really need two LA teams?

One team should wear Blue, the other Red.

That will get us the authentic euro-feel in the stands !

I don't know man, that feels more like authentic LA than anything.

MLS needs a brown team.

The Whitecaps did this with their first, now retired, alternate jersey. It was ugly and nonsensical for a team whose imagery is based on snow capped mountains and waves. Here it is in all it's awfulness.

Whitecaps-Harvey-600.jpg

I'd say that's an unfair statement to say the league "leans towards blue."

Chicago, Dallas, LA Galaxy, RBNY, Real Salt Lake, and Vancouver all don't wear blue home shirts.

Basic home shirt color breakdown...

Blue - 6*

Red - 5

White - 3

Green - 2

Black - 1

Purple - 1

Orange - 1

Yellow - 1

*Presuming NYCFC goes with a blue home shirt of some color.

Chicago has plenty of blue in their shirts, even the home one (on the left)

FORMATTED_All2_0.jpg

And both the Galaxy and the Whitecaps have significant blue trim on those white shirts, not to mention all-blue change shirts.

FORMATTED_ALL3.jpg

FORMATTED_All2_6.jpg

So that's nine clubs with blue as a significant part of their identity. Out of 20. I think "leans towards blue" is pretty fair.

Let's hope the Fire correct that mistake next time out.

Seeing their logo on a blue background in the MLS new logo rollout did not give me a lot of hope for that, though.

MLS needs a brown team.

The Whitecaps did this with their first, now retired, alternate jersey. It was ugly and nonsensical for a team whose imagery is based on snow capped mountains and waves. Here it is in all it's awfulness.

Whitecaps-Harvey-600.jpg

You mean its gorgeousness. That's chocolatey goodness right there.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

MLS needs a brown team.

Whitecaps-Harvey-600.jpg

You mean its gorgeousness. That's chocolatey goodness right there.

I must agree with this sentiment. It may have been a bit unusual for Vancouver but I liked it.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'd say that's an unfair statement to say the league "leans towards blue."

Chicago, Dallas, LA Galaxy, RBNY, Real Salt Lake, and Vancouver all don't wear blue home shirts.

Basic home shirt color breakdown...

Blue - 6*

Red - 5

White - 3

Green - 2

Black - 1

Purple - 1

Orange - 1

Yellow - 1

*Presuming NYCFC goes with a blue home shirt of some color.

Chicago has plenty of blue in their shirts, even the home one (on the left)

And both the Galaxy and the Whitecaps have significant blue trim on those white shirts, not to mention all-blue change shirts.

So that's nine clubs with blue as a significant part of their identity. Out of 20. I think "leans towards blue" is pretty fair.

Let's hope the Fire correct that mistake next time out.

Seeing their logo on a blue background in the MLS new logo rollout did not give me a lot of hope for that, though.

There will probably be a decent amount of blue on the Fire home shirt as long as Quaker is the sponsor.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

MLS needs a brown team.

Whitecaps-Harvey-600.jpg

A snowy mountain may look great from a distance, but up close, what will you see? Dirt mixed with snow. A beautiful, filthy mess.

MLS needs a brown team.

Whitecaps-Harvey-600.jpg

A snowy mountain may look great from a distance, but up close, what will you see? Dirt mixed with snow. A beautiful, filthy mess.

The Whitecaps third kit was designed to be "predominantly arbutus brown, with sky blue accents, which reflects the unique land full of deep roots and the high-reaching arms of the Douglas Fir, Western Red Cedar, Mountain Hemlock, Pacific Dogwood, Lodgepole Pine, and Sitka Spruce found throughout British Columbia and Pacific Northwest." At least that is what the 'Caps page says under their #Cap3rdKit. I liked it, it actually meant something to the club and the surrounding area of the city of Vancouver.

Not surprisingly, I find myself disagreeing with my friend Mockba.

Somewhat more surprisingly, I prefer the new MLS logo because of its modernity, its non-traditional mashup nature. I don't want the NFL to put its throat shields in team colors, but I love giving each MLS club its own particular version.

Archived