Utah Jazz

Lights Out

What in tarnation is that base color? Is that mauve? You can't dress a team in mauve. The design is fine enough, subdued for you, but it needs classic Jazz purple, not this washed-out look.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well I can't say I expected seeing that color on a uniform. It's a good design for sure and I enjoy the color scheme a lot (the blues particularly are great). I'm assuming you're basing the brown off of what the Jazz used in late 90s, so that gives it a bit of history I guess. However, I'd look into maybe something a little more on the brown side. Brown's a color that isn't used by any teams in the NBA currently, so it's not like you're limited on options there. I'm thinking something like a chestnut could work. Beyond that, nice work!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I'm not certain, but I think the base is copper. I'd never think that these colors would work so well together, but I think this looks great.

The home and alt wordmarks get a little muddy....I think losing one of the outlines might help there.

What in tarnation is that base color? Is that mauve? You can't dress a team in mauve. The design is fine enough, subdued for you, but it needs classic Jazz purple, not this washed-out look.

It's the copper from their '90s color scheme. With the Kings, Lakers, Suns, and Hornets, there's already somewhat of a purple overload in the NBA. In my ideal NBA, the Raptors would also be wearing purple, so that's five purple teams, which is more than enough. Pro sports needs more unique color schemes anyway.

I was going for a "ski lodge" feel with the colors.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's the copper from their '90s color scheme. With the Kings, Lakers, Suns, and Hornets, there's already somewhat of a purple overload in the NBA. In my ideal NBA, the Raptors would also be wearing purple, so that's five purple teams, which is more than enough. Pro sports needs more unique color schemes anyway.

I was going for a "ski lodge" feel with the colors.

Okay, I respect your rationale, but some colors are trim colors and not base colors, and this is one of them, I think. While I do like the wordmarks, I'm not crazy about the numbers. I hate them on the Texas Rangers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm actually a big fan of this color scheme. The copper and double blues work really well together. Though I think the copper could be a little brighter and have a little more gold in it--think ASU's alternate's they wore against ND. The wordmarks are really nice as well. I like the perspective of them. And of course, the mountains on the shorts are excellent.

I like the color scheme a lot. However, the 2 tones of off-light blue seem distracting. It looks like things are out of focus. I feel like the scheme may need a dark color to tie everything together. Both shades of blue, as well as the tan/brown, seem on the lighter side. Making one of the blues or the tan a dark color may help.

I like that you thought outside the box like you often do, Lights Out. I'd love for the Jazz to wear some form of copper again, and in retrospect, a Purple/Black/Copper color scheme would not have been too bad, but variations of their color schemes have potential:

- Purple/Light Blue/Copper

- Purple/Green/Yellow

- Royal or Navy/Kelly Green/Yellow

Your template isn't bad, but I wouldn't mind something of a merger between your mountain shorts and the current template--mountains nowhere but on the pants. I'd also go with an updated "Jazz" wordmark/logo, something more western; SFGiants58 has the best example of what I'm talking about, though I'm not entirely sold on the Purple/Green/Light Blue scheme.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I've come up with a potential scheme to unite the classic P/G/Y and P/LB schemes. Technically the Jazz consider gray as a team color, though it's strictly for wordmark outlines/advertising/merchandise/etc. So with that in mind, I'd switch out this gray with light blue and navy with a darker purple, and--voila!--perhaps the most serviceable Jazz color scheme:

15806057171_afcd25c373.jpg

Pretty much stays the classic scheme on the home, road, and 3rd, and in my scenario, a 4th purple/light blue rounds out the scheme. I'm probably going to whip up a concept of my own soon.

One note on the color scheme: the copper looks darker and more contrasting on my phone. The "desaturation" could be a result of how your browser is rendering the images.

Yep, you're right. There's more gold in the copper and more green in the blue, both of which I like.

Archived