2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I think we can all agree that those Wild uniforms should be the homes with a white counterpart for the road.

They just need to do 2 things.

1. Dump that dopey "State of Hockey" logo on the shouder.

2. Ditch that giant ugly "M" tattoo on the pants. Those pants are awesome and don't need to be ruined with an oversized letter. Nothing beats shiny green pants. NOTHING!!

2isf32b.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can all agree that those Wild uniforms should be the homes with a white counterpart for the road.

2. Ditch that giant ugly "M" tattoo on the pants. Those pants are awesome and don't need to be ruined with an oversized letter. Nothing beats shiny green pants. NOTHING!!

2isf32b.jpg

I think both those elements are great! For a one off game. The "M" feels really cheesy. It doesn't look that good by itself. But the State of Hockey patch is Amazing!!!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2isf32b.jpg

I can't agree to that. There current white jersey is way better than this outdoor jersey, but you're right drop the shoulder patch and the M.

I'm not a fan of the state of hockey patch. It's too self-congratulatory to me

I'm actually not a fan of the whole Wild state of hockey schtick they have going on.

It may seem self congratulatory, but Minnesota's earned it. That's why it's an amazing logo...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Minnesota - Nicest one out of the 3 released recently. The one thing I hate is them using off-white instead of just plain white, but I guess you can use the argument that in a stadium it contrasts better against the ice and (possibly) snow.

Wheat is one of our colors.

Great observation m8, don't know what this has to do with anything I said, but good on ya

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I'm actually not a fan of the whole Wild state of hockey schtick they have going on.

It may seem self congratulatory, but Minnesota's earned it. That's why it's an amazing logo...

"Earned" or not, it still doesn't make for a good shoulder patch. The tagline being anywhere near a uniform is tacky. We may as well have Chicago in a "CITY OF BIG SHOULDERS" patch to go with it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

"Earned" or not, it still doesn't make for a good shoulder patch. The tagline being anywhere near a uniform is tacky. We may as well have Chicago in a "CITY OF BIG SHOULDERS" patch to go with it.

That's sort of what I mean. It's tacky enough as is, but even more so on a jersey.

And earned? Was there a contest or a vote or something I didn't hear about? I don't remember anybody declaring Minnesota "The State of Hockey" outside of the Wild trying to appeal to some sort of civic pride and stroke egos.

IbjBaeE.png

Minnesota - Nicest one out of the 3 released recently. The one thing I hate is them using off-white instead of just plain white, but I guess you can use the argument that in a stadium it contrasts better against the ice and (possibly) snow.

Wheat is one of our colors.

Great observation m8, don't know what this has to do with anything I said, but good on ya

Pretty obviously they went with wheat over white because it's a bigger part of the Wild's identity. Even though it is supposedly a team color, the Wild have never used white outside of the star in the logo and the mandatory white away jerseys.

CUlrvhDXAAAHtEE.jpg

Everybody seem to like the Wild jersey but dislike Chicago.

In the end, its the same "spirit", rectangle shoulder patches, big stripes. Note the fact we dont see the right arms stripes can influence perception here.

Or course the collar is junior stuff but the rest is not that bad.

Its "different" people, look, those are special games, so the jersey are "special". Heck hardcore Habs fans think the jersey they'll wear against Boston is horrible while I think its beautiful.

Chicago wears the best jerseys in the league day to day. I think this is not that bad, lets say a B, not an A, not event a B+, but a B or C+.

CUlrvhDXAAAHtEE.jpg

Everybody seem to like the Wild jersey but dislike Chicago.

In the end, its the same "spirit", rectangle shoulder patches, big stripes. Note the fact we dont see the right arms stripes can influence perception here.

Or course the collar is junior stuff but the rest is not that bad.

Its "different" people, look, those are special games, so the jersey are "special". Heck hardcore Habs fans think the jersey they'll wear against Boston is horrible while I think its beautiful.

Chicago wears the best jerseys in the league day to day. I think this is not that bad, lets say a B, not an A, not event a B+, but a B or C+.

the big stripes are farther up the sleeve and take up more sleeve space than the Wild's do. It's so much space that the numbers get bumped to the shoulders.

When you combine the big sleeve stripes and the shoulders, it looks VERY unbalanced with the rest of the jersey, which is almost entirely blank. I didn't know it had a hemline black stripe until it was worn separate. I imagine it'll be just as unnoticeable on the ice. It's that huge imbalance that's so offputting.

Meanwhile, the Wild have just two stripes, against each other, and the shoulders, and we've been conditioned to see blank or mostly-blank hemlines these past 10 years or so, and it looks far more typical of a hockey jersey

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

OUTDOORJERSEY-4_slide.jpg

It aint fancy, It a jersey meant to be wear in a stadium, only one time.

They are making stripes ( and numbers) bigger. People are far from the ice.

Sure its different, like the event is. For me, the Wild jersey isnt different, its sort of, something too nice, too perfect, its not stadium its not special.

The Hawks works for me.

I understand your point week, but I'd buy this one as well as the Red Wings.

That's sort of what I mean. It's tacky enough as is, but even more so on a jersey.

And earned? Was there a contest or a vote or something I didn't hear about? I don't remember anybody declaring Minnesota "The State of Hockey" outside of the Wild trying to appeal to some sort of civic pride and stroke egos.

Minnesota is the state of Hockey! We have the Biggest and best high school hockey tournament, we also have 5 D1 College hockey teams who played as early as 1895, more than 54,000 people REGISTERED into USA Hockey, (and that doesn't include the MSHSL High School Hockey players) Well over 200 players in the NHL, and some of the biggest names in USA hockey. I.e. Herb Brooks, Phil Housley, Neal Broten, etc....

Archived