2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

Tied is the score and so to extra innings we will go. Baseball, or so the legend has it, was invented by Abner Doubleday in Cooperstown, New York. The Mets were previously owned by Doubleday Publishing and also play...in New York. Will this help them in Kansas City? Mike Milbury will tell us after the break.

DE: Now let's send it over to Pierre.

PM: Thanks, Doc. Sidney Crosby and Kristopher Letang have been completely dominating this game...

spacer.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant take Joe Buck any more

Listen to the radio with the TV muted.

Thank you. We all probably dislike Joe Buck in some capacity and have voiced that at some point, but this is getting tiresome.

spacer.png

I like him. He's sort of like the new version of the John 3:16 Clown wig guy.

Also, he donates a lot of money to charity so he's not a complete asshat.

Considering that when his fame dried up the John 3:16 guy started sending stink bombs to newspapers and churches and eventually ended up kidnapping two men and threatening to shoot down planes at LAX that's probably not the best metaphor.

I'm aware of the ignominious ending, but before then that guy popped up everywhere, including the Simpsons (!). Who else has a similar sort of fame to Marlins Man?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wonder if that guy with the custom shirt realizes what State he is in.

The metro area being right on the border tends to deemphasize the state distinction, plus there's a hell of a lot of Royal fans who make the trip from the Kansas side. I'm cutting some slack here.

VmWIn6B.png

Royals experience paying off so far, they are pesky and just know what to do, hopefully the Mets can do this next year and not lose too much with Yo and Murphy likely leaving. They have great pitching but need some of this peskiness if they are to take the final step. Mets will need to win all three at Citi Field, but right now this is playing like the nightmare scenario. The Royals player for player may not be better, but they just do the things it takes.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I am jealous Cueto was never able to do that in a Reds uniform.

Here's his playoff stats with the Reds: 5 innings and the L in 2010, strained back muscle in the first inning of game 1 of the LDS essentially dooming the Reds for the postseason, heckled to death in Pittsburgh in 2013.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived