2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mets are cursed and Joe Buck is giggling like a school girl I hate him so damn much.

Mets just a nightmare team to root for

You're watching a different broadcast than I am. I've only heard the 8th and 9th, but I'm not detecting any bias.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mets are cursed and Joe Buck is giggling like a school girl I hate him so damn much.

You're watching a different broadcast than I am. I've only heard the 8th and 9th, but I'm not detecting any bias.

Same here. We can't honestly expect Buck not to get excited over what took place in the top of the 9th. My guess is his reaction to that inning would have been the same for the Mets.

BB52Big.jpg

Same here. We can't honestly expect Buck not to get excited over what took place in the top of the 9th. My guess is his reaction to that inning would have been the same for the Mets.

Yeah, but I wouldn't even call it excited. There's a difference between getting "excited" and being emphatic. The former is kinda bush league, the latter is just good broadcasting. I haven't heard "excitement" - just an emphasis that matches the drama of the situation.

In this context, I'm considering "excited" like what you hear of local college football radio commentators who are essentially just fans cheering like the guys in the bleachers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Joe Buck is the worst announcer ever never heard anyone say gee I like him not one. Loved it when Artie Lange tore him a new ahole

You have now. I think Buck does a very solid job and I like him.

As a fan of the Stern show, I thought that Artie Lange segment was as embarrassing as it was awful. It wasn't funny, it was just rude - and I like Artie a lot.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, but I wouldn't even call it excited. There's a difference between getting "excited" and being emphatic. The former is kinda bush league, the latter is just good broadcasting. I haven't heard "excitement" - just an emphasis that matches the drama of the situation.

In this context, I'm considering "excited" like what you hear of local college football radio commentators who are essentially just fans cheering like the guys in the bleachers.

You say tomato... In this context, I'm sticking with excitement. Was it horrific local radio homer excitement? No, but it was excitement all the same.

BB52Big.jpg

Artie Lange is just representing what the other 99% think

No, Artie was being an ass-hole. It was uncomfortable to watch. And I say that as a fan of Artie Lange. You're just hating on Buck because the Mets couldn't close out this game. What are you going to do when Buck gets excited...excuse me...when he emphatically calls the Mets win?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived