ColorWerx.NET Site Launch - 02/11/2015

TruColor

Colorwerx builds a new site that anyone can access for free, with how many untold thousands of color swatches for pretty much any team from any era... someone actually uses the phrase "the height of laziness" to describe it. That's the Internet in a nutshell.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFC on toast... Great job on the new site Colorwerx. This is a fantastic resource for anyone with an interest in sports aesthetics. As for the Cowboys pants? That "Silver Green" seems to look different on a daily basis and don't blame you for going with the official "print" swatches. Keep up the awesome work!

Pants from the 1971-3 era, when they almost looked grey.

Pants from 1977, the perfect blend of greyish blue.

Pants from the 1978-81 era, when they got significantly bluer.

but let's all pretend they never changed color for 20 + years

My Lord...you are not reading what I have been posting...I never said that they probably didn't change color over the years - it's just that the standards that they were matching against may not have changed.

Give me your estimates, and we'll discuss them.

Here's a clue - one that I alluded to before - was the helmet the same color throughout that era? My guess is (one I've already stated) that manufacturers probably had a tough time matching the intended color.

Oh - and providing three different photographs of game-worn pants (some close to 50 years old) in different lighting environments and on different cameras is not the best evidence of color accuracy.

Any estimates we might make based off of those pictures aren't going to be accurate either.

I would use a lot of words to describe your work. Lazy isn't one of them. I have used your research throughout my time creating my uniform database. My research is much more difficult without your research. So I appreciate all you have done to give us the most accurate color values for all of our teams.

slats7, I mean this sincerely - if you'd like to work together to try to come up with accurate estimates for the pant color changes, along with specific years (from and through) they were worn, I'd be happy to do it.

I still stand by the fact that the estimated color I provided was the intended shade, but I also acknowledge that there were some fairly extreme color shifts in the fabrics during that era. Maybe it would make sense to have some sort of compromise - Royal Blue, Metallic Blue (my estimate) and White, with an alternate color designated for the pants.

Let me know what you think.

I've already been through all of that with Gridiron Project. I presented my evidence and they made the appropriate edits. It's sensless to retread old ground. Did the "patina" of the helmets change, too? Yes, but not as dramatically as the pants. For instance, the exact year they switched from royal to navy blue on the helmets is still in dispute. Same thing for the greenish hue of the pants, which I believe first occured in 1986.

In my defense, you asked for "any and all feedback; positive and negative." If you found my critiques unfair or over the top, I apologize.

I would use a lot of words to describe your work. Lazy isn't one of them. I have used your research throughout my time creating my uniform database. My research is much more difficult without your research. So I appreciate all you have done to give us the most accurate color values for all of our teams.

Agree X 1,000,000,000.

Colorwerx, you da man. You provide a resource that is invaluable and highly appreciated. And as always, you are a class act with the patience of Job. Thanks for you dedication!

I can't say how much I've used your websites as inspiration for my many designs, and I thank you profusely for all your hard work!!!!

Question/Feedback.

I noticed that a few football teams I randomly picked (Colts/Alouettes), would not allow to save the picture, but the one baseball team I tried (Diamondbacks) still allowed me to save the picture...

Which did you intend it to be?

(I use Chrome).

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I can't say how much I've used your websites as inspiration for my many designs, and I thank you profusely for all your hard work!!!!

Question/Feedback.

I noticed that a few football teams I randomly picked (Colts/Alouettes), would not allow to save the picture, but the one baseball team I tried (Diamondbacks) still allowed me to save the picture...

Which did you intend it to be?

(I use Chrome).

I haven't put in any restrictions on images...they all should be handled the same way.

They're all linked to my Photobucket account if that helps.

I'll look into it...

Amazing resource Colorwerx. The effort you must have put in is pretty staggering.

You should probably have an FAQ section as i'm sure you get asked the same questions all the time, but what would you consider the most wacky, unusual set of colours that you've come across? Is there anything ridiculous like say, eggplant, vegas gold, orange and sky blue or something like that?

Amazing resource Colorwerx. The effort you must have put in is pretty staggering.

You should probably have an FAQ section as i'm sure you get asked the same questions all the time, but what would you consider the most wacky, unusual set of colours that you've come across? Is there anything ridiculous like say, eggplant, vegas gold, orange and sky blue or something like that?

A lot of crazy ones...one college that fascinates me quite a bit is Concordia U. of Irvine, CA.

Institutional Colors are this:

ConcordiaU-CA_INS01_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

...and while the athletic teams currently use this:

ConcordiaU-CA_ATH01_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

...they used to use this:

ConcordiaU-CA_ATH01_2010_SCC_SRGB.png

Always got a kick at the sheer number of colors from this minor league hockey team as well:

SanAngeloOutlaws_FRC01_2002_SCC_SRGB.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't care what anyone else thinks....I think if you have this much passion and drive for a particular thing (in this case, color), then you go after it and make it your area of knowledge. Clearly, Colorwerx has done that. The compilation of all this color is nothing short of phenomenal. It's like the Sportslogos.net of team colors.

So i just say way to go and keep up the great work!

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Well, I don't care what anyone else thinks....I think if you have this much passion and drive for a particular thing (in this case, color), then you go after it and make it your area of knowledge. Clearly, Colorwerx has done that. The compilation of all this color is nothing short of phenomenal. It's like the Sportslogos.net of team colors.

So i just say way to go and keep up the great work!

I AGREE

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

A lot of crazy ones...one college that fascinates me quite a bit is Concordia U. of Irvine, CA.

Institutional Colors are this:

ConcordiaU-CA_INS01_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

...and while the athletic teams currently use this:

ConcordiaU-CA_ATH01_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

...they used to use this:

ConcordiaU-CA_ATH01_2010_SCC_SRGB.png

Always got a kick at the sheer number of colors from this minor league hockey team as well:

SanAngeloOutlaws_FRC01_2002_SCC_SRGB.png

Sorry, can you repost these? I wanna see haha.

Archived