Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a quarter after and the 1st period is already over in a game that started late! I'll take it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, I guess asking for the 21 year playoff series win drought was a little too much to ask for. Just hoping they don't close out the Coliseum with a loss in Game 6 and if they survive that, well, Game 7 they're able to bring a little magic to pull off the upset comeback. Don't think they can with another defenseman injured, though

they're one of those teams that are good enough ti make the playoffs but not able to do much more. sorta like the Bengals, they come in with a lot of hype, do well enough in the regular season to make everyone think they are going to mske a run in the playoffs but then exit one and done.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well, I guess asking for the 21 year playoff series win drought was a little too much to ask for. Just hoping they don't close out the Coliseum with a loss in Game 6 and if they survive that, well, Game 7 they're able to bring a little magic to pull off the upset comeback. Don't think they can with another defenseman injured, though

When you're playing the Washington Capitals, all is not lost.

They have blown a ton of playoff series when up in a series going into game 6 or in a game 7 at home.

When you're playing the Washington Capitals, all is not lost.

They have blown a ton of playoff series when up in a series going into game 6 or in a game 7 at home.

Yeah, no. The Capitals actually know how to make it out of the first round. It's usually the 2nd round where things go :censored: up. Also, the Islanders.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Shea Weber apparently tore his ACL.

Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Now the Weber report is being disputed. Ah well.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Tampa's coach always seems to have a befuddled expression.......

He and Mike Yeo. Yeo's always trying to look alert, like a kid who pulled his first all-nighter.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You can never count the Blackhawks out so long as they have a healthy batch of stars, but outside of a couple stretches in those home games they have seemed very scrambly and doing a ton of puck chasing. Defensive lapses aren't helping at all. I'll give the Predators some credit, though, they're fast and physical.

twitter

Freakin' Hawks...

Nobody outside of Socal cares about the Ducks... Hell, after watching their coma inducing cup victory in 07, it's pretty clear most of Socal doesn't care either. Factor in Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and some truly awful uniforms and the question isn't why they became the top heel, but rather, what took them so long

There are literally more non-Socal Ducks fans in this thread than there are Canucks fans.

And Petr Mrazek picked a bad time to do his best impression of Tim Cheveldae.

The Wings defense picked a poor time to do a Joe Nathan impression and blow a late lead. I put no blame on Mrazek, Jonathan Ericsson and Co. were godawful down the stretch. If you're going to let a guy get a shot on goal, at least try to put a body on him, for crying out loud! The Wings should be leading the series 3-1 right now! :(

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

While its nice to see the Canucks stay alive, I have no faith in this iteration of the team. The Canucks sleepwalked their way through last night and could have easily been down 3-0 after 1. Their goals were flukey at best and at times, they looked absolutely lost out there. It is time to get rid of their aging core that clearly will never be able to get it done when it matters.

While I hope I'm wrong, I fully expect the Flames to dominate game 6 and move on to the next round. They've been playing fantastic and they deserve it.

Freakin' Hawks...

Nobody outside of Socal cares about the Ducks... Hell, after watching their coma inducing cup victory in 07, it's pretty clear most of Socal doesn't care either. Factor in Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and some truly awful uniforms and the question isn't why they became the top heel, but rather, what took them so long

There are literally more non-Socal Ducks fans in this thread than there are Canucks fans.

Really? I greatly enjoyed their 2007 Season and Cup run!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Freakin' Hawks...

Of course you did, they denied the Red Wings a sure Stanley Cup :P

Freakin' Hawks...

Of course you did, they denied the Red Wings a sure Stanley Cup :P

dallas-drake-2008-stanley-cup-champs.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived